Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

The Official Loners Thread

Old Feb 23rd 2009, 2:31 am
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Blimey....why is everything soooo slooow! then I expect it will all happen at once!
Tell me about it! I can't believe it's taken THIS long for them to arrange for me to move 230km....
Old Mar 4th 2009, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

Frizzbee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bluenose
Welcome to the site, you'll certainly find this site useful and someone on here will be able to answer any questions you have. Good luck with the visa, you should get it soon. Why Perth? If your not sure where to go, plenty of threads on the subject on the website.
Being nosy, where in Herts are you from?
Hi
I'm in Harpenden, where are you??? I just got my visa through and it's in my passport ready to go - Whoo Hoo. All well timed as I am off to Perth on Saturday via Fiji and so am able to validate it and check things out. My brother lives in Perth so a comfort thing I suppose but am not definitely decided so now I'm on here it'll be good to check out what other people are up to ..... what attracted you to to Melbourne?? It's been a long wait for that visa but am probably gonna have another long wait till I go as I have a house to sell............
Old Mar 4th 2009, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

You never know! I just sold my house in the space of a couple of weeks. Obviously at a knocked down price...but hey!

Good luck
Old Mar 5th 2009, 11:05 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Still trying to sell my bloomin house......at a discounted knockdown price with 10 % off.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

BOO!

Have internet access again guys!

so look out for me bugging you all!

right, have some catching up to do!

doc a roo xx
Old Mar 11th 2009, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

Bluenose has a brilliant futureBluenose has a brilliant futureBluenose has a brilliant futureBluenose has a brilliant futureBluenose has a brilliant futureBluenose has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Frizzbee
Hi
I'm in Harpenden, where are you??? I just got my visa through and it's in my passport ready to go - Whoo Hoo. All well timed as I am off to Perth on Saturday via Fiji and so am able to validate it and check things out. My brother lives in Perth so a comfort thing I suppose but am not definitely decided so now I'm on here it'll be good to check out what other people are up to ..... what attracted you to to Melbourne?? It's been a long wait for that visa but am probably gonna have another long wait till I go as I have a house to sell............
I live near Hertford. Congratulations on getting your visa.
Chose Melbourne for similar reasons, have a mate in Melbourne, so knowing someone and having somewhere to stay will make things easier but I am glad he is in Melbourne as that was my preferred destination. It has so much going on, especially if you like sport.
Do you have to sell your house? I'm planning on renting my flat out. Hopefully I'll have someone very soon.

Last edited by Bluenose; Mar 11th 2009 at 1:25 am.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 4:14 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Hi al, update: I arrive in Sydney a week tomorrow, I do have a job, but no where to live as yet!
RE:my house in the Uk buyer just tried to drop the price again....after all contracts have been drawn up etc..... stressed:curse: Thatll do nicely!!

Hope you are all good!!
Old Mar 12th 2009, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Ive just returned from my leaving lunch from my work, Guess what they bought me? A proper disco ball! a real one! Now I just need a house to hang it in!!!
Old Mar 12th 2009, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Ive just returned from my leaving lunch from my work, Guess what they bought me? A proper disco ball! a real one! Now I just need a house to hang it in!!!
Pompeyblonde: Yeah I really like the place. I see the perfect spot for my disco ball

Landlord: Em, thanks. We'll call YOU!
Old Mar 12th 2009, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Well obviously Im not going to tell them!!
Old May 5th 2009, 6:40 pm
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Got back from 4 weeks in Oz about a month ago now, had a great ntime but nothing in the way of work unsurprisingly. Cracking on with a 176 family sponsored visa. Met up with Pacey and he did the same, said it was a piece of piss so fingers crossed guys.
Old May 5th 2009, 9:45 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Got back from 4 weeks in Oz about a month ago now, had a great ntime but nothing in the way of work unsurprisingly. Cracking on with a 176 family sponsored visa. Met up with Pacey and he did the same, said it was a piece of piss so fingers crossed guys.

Hey Scoobs - was wondering how you got on. Sorry I didnt catch up - been too busy surfing and sunbathing - ha (actually been working really hard) but its all good. Fingers crossed.
xox
Old Jun 8th 2009, 6:14 pm
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Well this has died a death! I'm about halfway through a family sponsored 176 visa at the moment.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

Bluenose has a brilliant futureBluenose has a brilliant futureBluenose has a brilliant futureBluenose has a brilliant futureBluenose has a brilliant futureBluenose has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Scuba Steve;7645807]Well this has died a death!

Sure Has!
Maybe cos most of the posters are now in OZ, which is where I'll be living come this weekend!!!!
Then the fun starts, looking for a job!!!!!
Old Jun 9th 2009, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Hey good luck guys. I wish I had that buzz again lol. Really enjoying Sydney though and blessed to have a job (and PR).

Steve, looks like you fell to the curse of 'he who starts a thread on BE waits longest'. Hope it's only around the corner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.