Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Obessesion With Houses and Money

Wikiposts

Obessesion With Houses and Money

Old Apr 30th 2009, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Obessesion With Houses and Money

Nice to know this site still allows people to have an opinion
Old Apr 30th 2009, 8:47 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
We bought our little house in Adelaide for $225,000 in 2007.

Should we be proud, ashamed, or just plain grateful?
It looks fantastic. What kind of price would a house like that sell for now?
Old May 1st 2009, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Make sure you retain all your assets and don't get carried away on the percieved 'wealth' you have.[/QUOTE]

I dont get 'carried away with anything' and dont really need your advice as I find it quite 'sarcy; Can tell me why????
Old May 1st 2009, 8:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dorutland
Dear Moneypen

Could I suggest that it is not just you who are operating in a paralell universe? I believe that the OP is in another universe and is sufferring from SMS or some other form of inferiority complex as well as disillusional and psycotic tendencies.

If I have to operate in such an environment, may I please join your universe!!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaa...like it!!!
Old May 1st 2009, 8:46 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
We bought our little house in Adelaide for $225,000 in 2007.

Should we be proud, ashamed, or just plain grateful?
Wow, that's nice Vash, where abouts in Adeliade are you if you're still there? Still waiting for visa and house sale but will be heading to there asap. Handed notice in Friday, that was nice.

Don't worry, I am not a storker, but I'm sure we'll get on Do you baby sit?

Cooler
Old May 1st 2009, 8:48 pm
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point

Its a real ickle Clique on here isnt it....

Anyone jumping up whent they get told to..

Originally Posted by plantpot
Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaa...like it!!!
Old May 1st 2009, 8:51 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I have noticed, and probably mentioned that Aussies aren't backwards about telling you how 'rich' they are. I've had work meetings with colleagues who've started talking about how many investment properties they own, how much debt they have on each property.

Maybe its just the scots part of me, but I keep quiet in these meetings, cos I have investment properties too, but its none of their bloody business,

I love it best when they say to me, "oh property is the way to go, you really should take out a loan and buy an investment property"....

JTL
The cold gets them used to keeping their hands in their pockets

Just kidding BTW,
Cooler
Old May 1st 2009, 9:07 pm
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
If you look on realestate.com.au you will see that houses in that area are still selling in the 200k+ price bracket.
Old May 1st 2009, 10:04 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Obessesion With Houses and Money

Originally Posted by paulry
Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
Wow, that's nice Vash, where abouts in Adeliade are you if you're still there? Still waiting for visa and house sale but will be heading to there asap. Handed notice in Friday, that was nice.

Don't worry, I am not a storker, but I'm sure we'll get on Do you baby sit?

Cooler
Thanks guys. It's nothing special, just a cheap house in Elizabeth Vale (former council housing area). Prices are still reasonably low, as rosscov1970 has pointed out. They will probably stay low for a while now, with the recession is looming. But prices may rise a little as more bargain hunters move in. The average block size in that suburb is excellent; almost double the average size that you'd get in a new estate.

We considered a fully renovated house of the same size in the same area for around the same price, but it was on a busy intersection. This one was better value because it's on a quiet corner block, away from the main road. There's a couple of new builds just over the road from our house, which is a good sign.

We're still living in the UK; we bought that house in 2007. Planning to be there later this year.