Reload this Page >

Obessesion With Houses and Money

Wikiposts

Obessesion With Houses and Money

Old Apr 27th 2009, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Obessesion With Houses and Money

Two things in life are a neccessity these days cashflow and a roof over your head to bring comfort and security.

Now, what I am finding reading these boards and the web news, is a complete obsession we have with property, a keeping up with Jones type attitude.

Talking to a few RE agents, they also tell me due to the influx of poms in some of the Northern Suburbs, demand is always high, so prices increase accordingly.

So POM+FHOG+NO STAMP DUTY= OVERINFLATED HOUSE PRICE.....

whats happened to the 3.25 X's combined income rule.... whats going on here, whys is it near 5 times... is everyone on 6 figure salaries or something...
Old Apr 27th 2009, 12:34 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obessesion With Houses and Money

Originally Posted by La Vida loca
Two things in life are a neccessity these days cashflow and a roof over your head to bring comfort and security.

Now, what I am finding reading these boards and the web news, is a complete obsession we have with property, a keeping up with Jones type attitude.

Talking to a few RE agents, they also tell me due to the influx of poms in some of the Northern Suburbs, demand is always high, so prices increase accordingly.

whats happened to the 3.25 X's combined income rule.... whats going on here, whys is it near 5 times... is everyone on 6 figure salaries or something...
Don't you still own any rentals in the UK then?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...09#post7457509

....and didn't you buy the WRX for $40000?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...33#post7447833

Amazing how things change.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 12:37 pm
Account Closed

Ah yes the rental in negative equity and a shortfall.

The new car well, it is a recession.

As for house prices, these are inflated my firend as you well know.

Trying to buy a home isnt an easy task when its total shit unless your paying over 500k... didnt seem to the case in qld.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 12:42 pm
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Trying to buy a home isnt an easy task when its total sh*t unless your paying over 500k... didnt seem to the case in qld.
why not start at the bottom of the ladder and then work your way up, like everyone else does.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 12:45 pm
Account Closed

Bottom of the ladder, I am trying believe me... we are below that step too...
Old Apr 27th 2009, 7:54 pm
ABCDiamond

Bottom of the ladder, I am trying believe me... we are below that step too...
What area are you looking at and what price range ?

Old Apr 27th 2009, 8:29 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you have this problem with what complete strangers want, have or expect? Who cares if someone wants a big house or is prepared to have a huge mortgage, or who only needs a mini but has decided to by a Land Cruiser? It's surely irrelevant to you It is to me, but maybe I'm the one with the problem
Old Apr 27th 2009, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

I dont give a hoot as to what other people have, thats their business not mine!

And yes, we have the 'big' 5 bedroomed house, the nice cars, the investment properties...............but then again we both work bloody hard (not saying that no-one else does).............so what I do with my money is up to me!!
Old Apr 27th 2009, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Dorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Why do you have this problem with what complete strangers want, have or expect? Who cares if someone wants a big house or is prepared to have a huge mortgage, or who only needs a mini but has decided to by a Land Cruiser? It's surely irrelevant to you It is to me, but maybe I'm the one with the problem
Dear Moneypen

Could I suggest that it is not just you who are operating in a paralell universe? I believe that the OP is in another universe and is sufferring from SMS or some other form of inferiority complex as well as disillusional and psycotic tendencies.

If I have to operate in such an environment, may I please join your universe!!!!
Old Apr 27th 2009, 9:46 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla
why not start at the bottom of the ladder and then work your way up, like everyone else does.
Because I deserve it

Generation "Why?"
Old Apr 27th 2009, 9:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

It seems to me that the only one obsessed with houses, money, working wives etc is you!
Stop worrying about what everyone else has or is doing & just get on with it!
Old Apr 28th 2009, 12:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorutland
Dear Moneypen

Could I suggest that it is not just you who are operating in a paralell universe? I believe that the OP is in another universe and is sufferring from SMS or some other form of inferiority complex as well as disillusional and psycotic tendencies.

If I have to operate in such an environment, may I please join your universe!!!!
Of course you can. We have quite a group now
Old Apr 29th 2009, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Because I deserve it

Generation "Why?"
Ah but blame those who raised us!
Old Apr 29th 2009, 4:25 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Of course you can. We have quite a group now
Cosy in ere init
Old Apr 29th 2009, 5:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to beholdThe_Wookie is a splendid one to behold

We managed to get a very nice 3 bedroom place within 15 minutes drive of the centre of Perth for $370k.

We'd love to have a large property with heaps of bedrooms etc. But to be honest don't need that, so looked at what we could get realistically without over-burdening ourselves.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.