Wikiposts

NSW Rain

Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:03 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NSW Rain

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I notice that nobody has started to speculate that this may be the beginning of the end of the drought...

S
I was told about three weeks ago by a few locals that rain was coming and that it would break the drought. I don't know how they knew.... Let's hope it does .... we need weeks of this to make a difference.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by arkon
It's tipping it down here too. Nothing like a bit of rain to bring the snakes out.
Isn't that funny.. the snakes up here hide under the rocks when it's like this.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:11 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Isn't that funny.. the snakes up here hide under the rocks when it's like this.
They're Arkonian snakes though iPom. They're unique snakes, which only inhabit a small pocket of northern NSW. Amongst their pack behaviour is a range of anti-social traits, chief amongst them is that they check to see if you're English, bite you in the arse and then steal your wallet, pausing only briefly to tell you to hiss off back home.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:14 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

I was told about three weeks ago by a few locals that rain was coming and that it would break the drought. I don't know how they knew.... Let's hope it does .... we need weeks of this to make a difference.
Historically, the droughts do appear to be cyclical in tandem with the El Nino patterns. Now they can examine the El Nino strength on a daily basis and predict its rate of diminishment. This is now so accurate, that scientist feel able to predict almost to the day when the El Nino will end.

As soon as it has fallen beneath a particular level, then its influence over the inland rain fall changes, which leads to a reversion to what was previously considered 'normal' rain. This is called the La Ninas, and represents the normal years in between the drought years.

Here are some interesting links if anybody is interested...

http://www.abc.net.au/science/slab/elnino/story.htm

http://www.esa.act.gov.au/firebreak/elnino.html

http://canwin.org.au/2007/01/27/the-...drought-cycle/

S
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:19 pm
Account Closed

Wow .. that's really interesting Swervo. I can't believe you're single! <shocked>

Good links btw.

Last edited by iPom; Feb 11th 2007 at 6:26 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:22 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Wow .. that's really interesting Swervo. I can't believe you're single! <shocked>
I think I'm single because I stay at home all the time reading about dull sciency stuff!

S
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:24 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm single because I stay at home all the time reading about dull sciency stuff!

S
What do you for a living though? That's very interesting by the way.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:27 pm
Account Closed

S
Dull sciency stuff is good ... I particularly like the New Scientist and Scientific American.... especially in bed with a mug of hot cocoa...

National Geographic ... whoaaaaa! Let's not go there... this is a family board, after all.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:29 pm
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
What do you for a living though? That's very interesting by the way.
I'm a scientist! No really, I am a scientist. Physicist by trade. It's not the best line at dinner parties though - as soon as you say the word 'Physicist' you can see people's eyes roll slowly into the back of their heads as they fall over backwards onto the floor...

Either that or they say "I hated Physics at school..."

S
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:30 pm
has lost The Game

Dull sciency stuff is good ... I particularly like the New Scientist and Scientific American.... especially in bed with a mug of hot cocoa...

National Geographic ... whoaaaaa! Let's not go there... this is a family board, after all.
Indeed. You should always have a copy of Fermat's Last Theorem quick to hand!

S
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:33 pm
Account Closed

I can see how that would be essential to a good night...
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:37 pm
Account Closed

I'm a scientist! No really, I am a scientist. Physicist by trade. It's not the best line at dinner parties though - as soon as you say the word 'Physicist' you can see people's eyes roll slowly into the back of their heads as they fall over backwards onto the floor...

Either that or they say "I hated Physics at school..."

S
You obviously don't meet the right people... I'd be picking your brains on how black holes work....

People are so shallow....
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:44 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

You obviously don't meet the right people... I'd be picking your brains on how black holes work....

People are so shallow....

Nice one iPom.

Well I'd be asking what your scientific opinion is on the 'Bermuda Triangle', so when you taking myself & iPom out to dinner?

You would get on well with Arkon btw.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 6:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

No rain here!

I think it rained for about three minutes, three months ago though!
Old Feb 11th 2007, 7:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl

Well I'd be asking what your scientific opinion is on the 'Bermuda Triangle',
There isn't one... The triangle moves around conveniently to fit in ship and plane disappearances. You'd see how big and movable that supposed triangle is when you view it on a map....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.