Wikiposts

NSW Rain

Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:39 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NSW Rain

We've had torrential rain here in the BM's and I see large parts of NSW are getting it too.
It's been bucketing down for nearly three days now, yet the news says the Blue Mountains catchment area only rose by some minuscule amount. How is this possible???
Our water tanks have overflowed, the road is a river and if this was the UK, there'd be people in boats floating past.

What's it like where you are?
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:42 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NSW Rain

Originally Posted by iPom
We've had torrential rain here in the BM's and I see large parts of NSW are getting it too.
It's been bucketing down for nearly three days now, yet the news says the Blue Mountains catchment area only rose by some minuscule amount. How is this possible???
Our water tanks have overflowed, the road is a river and if this was the UK, there'd be people in boats floating past.

dark!
we've had a lovely day today crisp and sunny although they have forcast more gale force winds and frost later in the week

were you interested in UK weather?
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:46 am
Account Closed

Generally just NSW .... But this must make you feel better, right?

It's started again (not that it's ever stopped) but it's grey, thunder, lightning, and rain on a tin roof is something to behold!
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:53 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Generally just NSW .... But this must make you feel better, right?

It's started again (not that it's ever stopped) but it's grey, thunder, lightning, and rain on a tin roof is something to behold!
yep i'm always glad to hear that it rains in Oz

no i should think people don't moan about it quite so much????

so i will need earplugs as well then - must put it on my list
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:55 am
Account Closed

Rain is good.... It's only been three days so far, here anyway.

Yes, bring the earplugs, or insulate your house very well.
Attached Thumbnails NSW Rain-386197865_34224a97e0_b.jpg  

Last edited by iPom; Feb 11th 2007 at 9:58 am.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:57 am
on the Goldie

Rain is good.... It's only been three days so far, here anyway.

Yes, bring the earplugs, or insulate your house very well.
is it generally wetter up in the hills? sorry if that is a really stupid question - just i read somewhere that its hotter cos you don't get the sea breezes that they get on the coast
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:01 am

gedge has disabled reputation

where in the BM's are you?
i read an article explaining how the weather paterns in NSW have changed over the last 50 years or so
the rain used to come towards Sydney from the south west and hence fall nicely in to the catchments, but now it comes up the coast from the south and falls mainly on this side of the hills
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:02 am
Account Closed

Hmmmm... Mountains... generally are colder. Think Everest, Scottish Highlands, Alps....

It gets stinking hot on occasion, but it's too cold for cockroaches up here, so that should tell you something. We don't normally get more rain than anywhere else.... but as we're so high, we get fog, mist, some snow where I live... a scattering perhaps.
Sea breeze? We have mountain breezes up here.... It's fairly temperate... Think a hot English summer for much of the time... cold winter though.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:04 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by gedge
where in the BM's are you?
i read an article explaining how the weather paterns in NSW have changed over the last 50 years or so
the rain used to come towards Sydney from the south west and hence fall nicely in to the catchments, but now it comes up the coast from the south and falls mainly on this side of the hills
Wentworth Falls, G. The rain's coming from the sky. I can't work out the direction....

BOM site might help

Last edited by iPom; Feb 11th 2007 at 10:06 am.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:04 am
on the Goldie

Hmmmm... Mountains... generally are colder. Think Everest, Scottish Highlands, Alps....

It gets stinking hot on occasion, but it's too cold for cockroaches up here, so that should tell you something. We don't normally get more rain than anywhere else.... but as we're so high, we get fog, mist, some snow where I live... a scattering perhaps.
Sea breeze? We have mountain breezes up here.... It's fairly temperate... Think a hot English summer for much of the time... cold winter though.
ahhh no coakroaches sounds pretty good to me
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:05 am
Account Closed

Oh it's good. We get the odd one I think... one in a year is ok, right?
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:08 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Wentworth Falls, G. The rain's coming from the sky. I can't work out the direction....

BOM site might help
plah!
hang some flimsy material out the window and see which way it blows
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:09 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Can we have some of your rain please .................................................. ...pretty please

Loz x
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:11 am
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice

Brilliant thunderstorms down here in sunny old Mosman last night. Had a river of water flowing down our street...it was pretty cool

From what I understand because it is so dry a lot of the water is soaked into the ground. If the water table is low then the ground itself can absorb a LOT of rain. It need to rain long enough to saturate theground so that more will run off the hills an into the the rivers

Thats my story and Im sticking by it...
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:16 am
on the Goldie

Oh it's good. We get the odd one I think... one in a year is ok, right?
to be honest creepy crawlies don't bother me (comes form being the older sister and having to get rid of them for my cowardly custard baby sis )

mind you the size of some of the pictures of them on here well.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.