Wikiposts

NSW Rain

Old Feb 11th 2007, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of
Default Re: NSW Rain

Originally Posted by Wilgar
Way to go!
Whoops. Got carried away there with those statistics.
Meant to say`Way to go`.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 2:25 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Whoops. Got carried away there with those statistics.
Meant to say`Way to go`.
lol, don't get too excited will you
Old Feb 11th 2007, 2:45 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Oh sorry. I thought perhaps that it was meant sarcastically as a large number of people would give a lot to be in Perth. We`re newcomers so not really had time to be homesick but I certainly miss my frineds and rellies. Well, the friends anyway. Have you seen neice & nephew yet?Perhaps I should not have asked!
Have you got skype? It s a great way to keep in tousch and great that you can see the special people.OH set it up for us last night for first time and I was able to see my 17m old neice. It struck me that I would not see her grow up. It seems to be a common thread between a lot of BE users.Torn between two-should they stay or should they go. Its a tough one! Cheer up.Guess at least the sun is shinning in Perth-unlike Sydney.I`ve got to go on school run now. Not manged to get a car yet so i`ll be walking. Think i`ll take my shampoo!
That's okay, don't be sorry. I spend enough time feeling sorry for myself.

Been here over a decade and I'm missing my family now more than ever. We do have Skype and we do get to 'see' family, but I always end up in tears, probably due to the amount of wine I drink while chatting to them.

We haven't met the twins in the flesh and I love being with littlies, they cheer me up no end when I'm down, so I feel I'm missing out on an awful lot right now. My eldest niece is married and has had a son and a daughter since we were last there too, so now there are 4 littlies in the family for me to fuss over, if I was there of course. It's not easy that's for sure. My brother and his wife had twin boys just before we left and we've only seen them twice in person. I really don't want that to happen again, so I am in torment.

The sun is shining, but I wish it would rain here. Hope you don't get too wet on the school 'run'.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 2:48 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
lol, don't get too excited will you
No, I forgot to add suitable units - those figures were all in milimietres...

S
Old Feb 11th 2007, 3:22 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

We have 3 children..

I feel your laundry pain, Wilgar.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 3:25 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
No, I forgot to add suitable units - those figures were all in milimietres...

S
Given the size of the catchments, a few mm is pretty good.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 3:29 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Given the size of the catchments, a few mm is pretty good.
I just didn't want there to be any confusion between milimeters and inches. You know what us men are like...

S
Old Feb 11th 2007, 3:37 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

I just didn't want there to be any confusion between milimeters and inches. You know what us men are like...

S
sadly we do.....
Old Feb 11th 2007, 3:38 pm
Account Closed

S

Old Feb 11th 2007, 4:43 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George
The authority says the Shoalhaven catchment received 131 millimetres and 22 millimetres fell on the Blue Mountains catchment.

A spokeswoman says it could be the most significant rainfall since January last year.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...2/s1845449.htm
We're in the Shoalhaven. Had similar amounts of rain again last night and it's been going all day. In 2001 there were severe floods here - lots of cows flushed down the Shoalhaven River - my dad had the entire contents of his (lovingly tended) garden dumped into his pool. Locals are saying that it only took three days of rain last time to saturate the ground and trigger the flood.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 4:54 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
We're in the Shoalhaven. Had similar amounts of rain again last night and it's been going all day. In 2001 there were severe floods here - lots of cows flushed down the Shoalhaven River - my dad had the entire contents of his (lovingly tended) garden dumped into his pool. Locals are saying that it only took three days of rain last time to saturate the ground and trigger the flood.
There's been a fair few reports of emergency services being called due to flash flooding - although I've not been paying enough attention to remember which parts of NSW are most heavily affected. (I know Campbelltown's taking a bit of a beating?)

It's terrible that the much-needed rain can be so destructive when it does finally appear.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 4:57 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

It's just thrown it down in Balmain - we got drenched in the walk back from Woolies at lunchtime. The daily shopping trip was much less fun in the rain!

Here is the news from the catchment authority:

(Rainfall in mm)

Warragamba Catchment 24.0
Upper Nepean Catchment 76.0
Woronora Catchment 53.0
Shoalhaven Catchment 85.0
Blue Mountains Catchment 39.0

This is up until 9 am this morning, so most of todays rain hasn't been factored in yet.

S
I certainly hope what I can see outside my window at the moment is also falling over our catchment areas at Mangrove Mountain and Mardi - we are currently down to about 12.5% up here on the Central Coast.

Jim
Old Feb 11th 2007, 5:06 pm
has lost The Game

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
I certainly hope what I can see outside my window at the moment is also falling over our catchment areas at Mangrove Mountain and Mardi - we are currently down to about 12.5% up here on the Central Coast.

Jim
I notice that nobody has started to speculate that this may be the beginning of the end of the drought... Many of the so called weather experts have suggested that as the El Nino effect diminishes, then the weather patterns will return to a more favourable condition. I think it was suggested by a couple of experts that the drought would break in mid to late Feb...

I was thinking that this may be what the politicians are waiting for before they make decisions on desalination plants etc.

S
Old Feb 11th 2007, 5:21 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

I notice that nobody has started to speculate that this may be the beginning of the end of the drought... Many of the so called weather experts have suggested that as the El Nino effect diminishes, then the weather patterns will return to a more favourable condition. I think it was suggested by a couple of experts that the drought would break in mid to late Feb...

I was thinking that this may be what the politicians are waiting for before they make decisions on desalination plants etc.

S
There was something like 200mm+ at Bega on the South Coast yesterday - and it all probably ran off to sea

Not sure about this being the possible start of the end of the El Nino pattern - once its rained for a week straight off I might start to think that way !

The Queensland radar page on the BOM site currently makes for interesting viewing - makes our rainfall down here look like a dribble !

Jim
Old Feb 11th 2007, 5:48 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
We've had torrential rain here in the BM's and I see large parts of NSW are getting it too.
It's been bucketing down for nearly three days now, yet the news says the Blue Mountains catchment area only rose by some minuscule amount. How is this possible???
Our water tanks have overflowed, the road is a river and if this was the UK, there'd be people in boats floating past.

What's it like where you are?
It's tipping it down here too. Nothing like a bit of rain to bring the snakes out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.