Wikiposts

NSW Rain

Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:26 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NSW Rain

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
That would be IPom's knickers.
I don't wear any so heaven knows what you're waving....
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:27 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Wilgar
Forgot to reply to drier bit.Went to get w/machine at Bing Lee last weeek and laughed when he offered me a drier.In Sydney?Think he could have warned me and got a better sale!!!
Ha ... I looked at the prices but I don't think we will. Drying stuff indoors works too. It's just if this is set in, with three children, the place will soon resemble a laundry....
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chels
I had the washing out yesterday, as I thought we'd had our share of rain for the day - suddenly it's chucking it down, mad rush into the backyard, throwing the washing into the basket in 10 seconds flat - STILL got completely soaked and had to get changed

This morning, Sydney grinds to a halt. I wait more than 45 mins to get a bus, and then sit on a seat that's wet (why do people put bags and brollies on to the seat, not the floor?) but the bus is so busy the heat of everyone's combined breathing dries my trousers out by the time I reach my stop.

My best chum from England flies in tomorrow, yet again a visitor from England brings the wet weather with them
We had no school sox this morning as I`d left them out all night-to dry after yesterdays rain.I sent children in non school sox-with apologies.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
BTW, what does your avatar mean?
It's French for 'passing'... en passant means 'passing by'.

Amusingly or not as the case may be, it's also a brand of condoms... French letters in more ways than one.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iPom
Ha ... I looked at the prices but I don't think we will. Drying stuff indoors works too. It's just if this is set in, with three children, the place will soon resemble a laundry....
We have 3 children. I do live in a laundry.I`m supposed to be clearing iw/ends backlog at moment...................
Far too busy!Found a leak in kitchen skylight so had to go out to get buckets I`d put out to collect rain.............
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:30 pm
Account Closed

I wish it would rain here, even for an hour. A good drenching would do the garden a world of good. The Houses either side of us have bores and on one side of us she leaves two hoses on almost all day.
That's shockingly irresponsible. What a twit!
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:32 pm
Account Closed

We have 3 children. I do live in a laundry.I`m supposed to be clearing iw/ends backlog at moment...................
Far too busy!Found a leak in kitchen skylight so had to go out to get buckets I`d put out to collect rain.............

We're in a rental... leaking where they put it back together after moving it up here from the coast. I hope the house we're buying is doing ok.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

I wish it would rain here, even for an hour. A good drenching would do the garden a world of good. The Houses either side of us have bores and on one side of us she leaves two hoses on almost all day. She goes out and leaves them running into the garden beds, 'til eventually the water is running down my wall, leaving those horrible brown stains. I've had to buy a chemical cleaner because I couldn't get the stains off without it.

You made me laugh with what you did to your dog iPom. What a good way to conserve water eh! BTW, what does your avatar mean?
Why does your location say `In Purgatory`?
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

We're in a rental... leaking where they put it back together after moving it up here from the coast. I hope the house we're buying is doing ok.
Have you found a house to buy? We`re just beginning to get breath back and have a look for a house to buy.Rents are appauling here.
What native plants will you put in your garden? I`m looking forward to having plants to nurturebut obviously not untill we have own garden. Rental garden actually is v.low maintenance and landlords are planning to subdivide and pull down house when we go so not really worth too much effort on my behalf. Definitely want a lemon tree in a big pot tho. If I get desparate I`ll put some plants in pots to take with us when we move.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 2:02 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Why does your location say `In Purgatory`?
Because that's my state of mind, or is at times anyway. Torn between family I miss and love so much back home and staying here. My twin niece & nephew had just been born when I put that on there and, I was feeling dreadfully low. 'In a state of torment'.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 2:12 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

It's just thrown it down in Balmain - we got drenched in the walk back from Woolies at lunchtime. The daily shopping trip was much less fun in the rain!

Here is the news from the catchment authority:

(Rainfall in mm)

Warragamba Catchment 24.0
Upper Nepean Catchment 76.0
Woronora Catchment 53.0
Shoalhaven Catchment 85.0
Blue Mountains Catchment 39.0

This is up until 9 am this morning, so most of todays rain hasn't been factored in yet.

S

Last edited by Swerv-o; Feb 11th 2007 at 2:47 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 2:17 pm
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshrice
we have a dog but she can't stand the rain if you try to take her out she just tries to get back in the house. i must be mental, last night because it was raining i carried her up the street to the point where we usually turn round and come back then made her walk back thinking she might do her toiletting but no she just got back home as quick as she possibly could then pooed in the dining room little cow.
cute dog - even if she does poo in the dining room!

Forgot to reply to drier bit.Went to get w/machine at Bing Lee last weeek and laughed when he offered me a drier.In Sydney?Think he could have warned me and got a better sale!!!
We're in a rental which came with a drier - I've only used it a couple of times because I prefer to line dry, so that show how little rain NSW has had over the last year or so!

If we weren't having guests to stay, I'd still not bother with the tumble drier but I'm not sure how keen they'd be to share the spare room with our drying underwear etc.

I can see some light grey sky (in contrast to the dark grey bits) from my office window so it looks like it's eased over the CBD. No doubt it'll start chucking it down again when I'm going home later.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Because that's my state of mind, or is at times anyway. Torn between family I miss and love so much back home and staying here. My twin niece & nephew had just been born when I put that on there and, I was feeling dreadfully low. 'In a state of torment'.
Oh sorry. I thought perhaps that it was meant sarcastically as a large number of people would give a lot to be in Perth. We`re newcomers so not really had time to be homesick but I certainly miss my frineds and rellies. Well, the friends anyway. Have you seen neice & nephew yet?Perhaps I should not have asked!
Have you got skype? It s a great way to keep in tousch and great that you can see the special people.OH set it up for us last night for first time and I was able to see my 17m old neice. It struck me that I would not see her grow up. It seems to be a common thread between a lot of BE users.Torn between two-should they stay or should they go. Its a tough one! Cheer up.Guess at least the sun is shinning in Perth-unlike Sydney.I`ve got to go on school run now. Not manged to get a car yet so i`ll be walking. Think i`ll take my shampoo!
Old Feb 11th 2007, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chels
cute dog - even if she does poo in the dining room!

We're in a rental which came with a drier - I've only used it a couple of times because I prefer to line dry, so that show how little rain NSW has had over the last year or so!

If we weren't having guests to stay, I'd still not bother with the tumble drier but I'm not sure how keen they'd be to share the spare room with our drying underwear etc.

I can see some light grey sky (in contrast to the dark grey bits) from my office window so it looks like it's eased over the CBD. No doubt it'll start chucking it down again when I'm going home later.
A rental with a drier!Showoff!
Must admit I never thought we`d need one.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thumbs up Re: NSW Rain

Way to go!

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
It's just thrown it down in Balmain - we got drenched in the walk back from Woolies at lunchtime. The daily shopping trip was much less fun in the rain!

Here is the news from the catchment authority:

Warragamba Catchment 24.0
Upper Nepean Catchment 76.0
Woronora Catchment 53.0
Shoalhaven Catchment 85.0
Blue Mountains Catchment 39.0

This is up until 9 am this morning, so most of todays rain hasn't been factored in yet.

S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.