Wikiposts

NSW Rain

Old Feb 11th 2007, 12:56 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NSW Rain

Originally Posted by yamahaha
Sounds like a new thread for that discussion mate! Youre right though..I caufgt the bloke up our street watering his (already green) lawn a few eeks back when he shouldnt have been doing it! He gave me a very guilty, please dont grass me in look! Hes now got a sign up outside his house saying "Rainwater Used For Watering Garden" Not sure if I believe him...heh heh .
Never thought Id live in a place where I thought rain was a good thing...
Yama, there are people up this road who pump out the bores onto their already established non native gardens. They're complete idiots. The plants aren't going to die ... maybe wilt a little but that's ok.

I took my dog for a walk this morning and put a trail of dog shampoo down her back.... we lathered up half way through the walk, rinsed off on the way back and bingo, job done!
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:01 pm
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice

Originally Posted by iPom
Yama, there are people up this road who pump out the bores onto their already established non native gardens. They're complete idiots. The plants aren't going to die ... maybe wilt a little but that's ok.

I took my dog for a walk this morning and put a trail of dog shampoo down her back.... we lathered up half way through the walk, rinsed off on the way back and bingo, job done!
Yeah its a bit mad that. Im sure people will eventually start returing thier gardens to use native flora eventually. It makes sense and it means it will atract local fauna into your garden..win win!

Heh heh now thats what I call water conservation must have looked real funny though! Couldnt do that with my cat mind you hed go mental!
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

She wasn't that bubbly ... just when you rubbed her coat. She's not waterproof anyway, so it seemed like a good idea. It stops her coming back in and smelling like wet dog... which imo is one of the worst smells in the world, much as I love her....

Don't understand the obsession with non natives. There are some incredible plants here... Can't wait to start gardening in my new place.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:04 pm
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice

She wasn't that bubbly ... just when you rubbed her coat. She's not waterproof anyway, so it seemed like a good idea. It stops her coming back in and smelling like wet dog... which imo is one of the worst smells in the world, much as I love her....
Ahhh you see, their aint nothing like the smell of a wet cat either except its not offensive in the slightest! Dogs smell, cat ROCK!
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:10 pm
Account Closed

I have a cat too. But dogs are more fun.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:13 pm
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, the fire's on here, the laundry's piling up, I'm contemplating buying a dryer... lol....
I had the washing out yesterday, as I thought we'd had our share of rain for the day - suddenly it's chucking it down, mad rush into the backyard, throwing the washing into the basket in 10 seconds flat - STILL got completely soaked and had to get changed

This morning, Sydney grinds to a halt. I wait more than 45 mins to get a bus, and then sit on a seat that's wet (why do people put bags and brollies on to the seat, not the floor?) but the bus is so busy the heat of everyone's combined breathing dries my trousers out by the time I reach my stop.

My best chum from England flies in tomorrow, yet again a visitor from England brings the wet weather with them
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
plah!
hang some flimsy material out the window and see which way it blows
That would be IPom's knickers.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:15 pm
AC/DC!

Cant argue with that. Cats like to do their own thing. Would love a dog but Ive reached my responsibilty threshold by owning a cat! One day.....
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:15 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
That would be IPom's knickers.
you can use what you like
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:19 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

we have a dog but she can't stand the rain if you try to take her out she just tries to get back in the house. i must be mental, last night because it was raining i carried her up the street to the point where we usually turn round and come back then made her walk back thinking she might do her toiletting but no she just got back home as quick as she possibly could then pooed in the dining room little cow.

poshrice
P.s i thought the same as you and have washing on the line but it is just getting wetter and wetter may have to bring it in and spin it and put it on the airer to dry.
Attached Thumbnails NSW Rain-img_0002.jpg  
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

I`m a doggy person. Hate cats!!!!! We had to leave our aged darling black lab in England with friends.Moved into our rental to find neighbours have a black lab puppy. My children are overjoyed and he`s unwittingly been a great help to the settling in process.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Yeah, the fire's on here, the laundry's piling up, I'm contemplating buying a dryer... lol.... Jeans and jumper sort of day though, for sure. Way to go on the weight loss Wilgar... It's lovely to put clothes on that were previously tight and just have them glide on.

Mug of hot chocolate anyone?
Never said anything about gliding!!!!!!!!!!!!
Herb tea for me until cocktail hour!
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:24 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

I wish it would rain here, even for an hour. A good drenching would do the garden a world of good. The Houses either side of us have bores and on one side of us she leaves two hoses on almost all day. She goes out and leaves them running into the garden beds, 'til eventually the water is running down my wall, leaving those horrible brown stains. I've had to buy a chemical cleaner because I couldn't get the stains off without it.

You made me laugh with what you did to your dog iPom. What a good way to conserve water eh! BTW, what does your avatar mean?
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:24 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by poshrice
we have a dog but she can't stand the rain if you try to take her out she just tries to get back in the house. i must be mental, last night because it was raining i carried her up the street to the point where we usually turn round and come back then made her walk back thinking she might do her toiletting but no she just got back home as quick as she possibly could then pooed in the dining room little cow.

poshrice
P.s i thought the same as you and have washing on the line but it is just getting wetter and wetter may have to bring it in and spin it and put it on the airer to dry.
See, weird... My dog hates to go out in the garden to do her poop when it's raining, yet wave the lead at her and she's out there.

My washing is too wet to rescue. I just gave up.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yeah, the fire's on here, the laundry's piling up, I'm contemplating buying a dryer... lol.... Jeans and jumper sort of day though, for sure. Way to go on the weight loss Wilgar... It's lovely to put clothes on that were previously tight and just have them glide on.

Mug of hot chocolate anyone?
Forgot to reply to drier bit.Went to get w/machine at Bing Lee last weeek and laughed when he offered me a drier.In Sydney?Think he could have warned me and got a better sale!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.