Wikiposts

NSW Rain

Old Feb 12th 2007, 12:27 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NSW Rain

Originally Posted by gedge
you guys are incorrigible
I'm not sure what he's talking about, but I meant that we didn't want to scare her off as the rain dance seems to be working!

S
Old Feb 12th 2007, 12:27 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by stevemich
We could give you a lift too - you know you want to!!
i'll come along to keep you two in order
Old Feb 12th 2007, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I'm not sure what he's talking about, but I meant that we didn't want to scare her off as the rain dance seems to be working!

S
sure
Old Feb 12th 2007, 12:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

If you think about a couple of balls on a tramapoline, the indentation on the surface is the gravitational field that they produce. If you then go and introduce a really small but extremely dense ball to the tramapoline, then it will dominate the surface, and everything will roll into the well.
S
I was reading a book on Physics a few years back and this was the symbology it used.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 12:36 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I was reading a book on Physics a few years back and this was the symbology it used.
Yes, it's a pretty good analogy, as it can show distinct 'gravity wells', the influence of which varies depending on the mass and size of the object you put on the tramapoline.

So a very small but very dense object will cause a much steeper well than a large object with the same mass, as the large object has to bend more space...

S

Last edited by Swerv-o; Feb 12th 2007 at 12:39 pm.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 2:35 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Yea? I read a good one the other day too - it was all about Derek Acorah and Mystic Meg.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 2:47 pm
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Yea? I read a good one the other day too - it was all about Derek Acorah and Mystic Meg.
I saw that one coming...

BOOM BOOM

Old Feb 12th 2007, 4:14 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

S
Yeah, that's what I thought you meant....

It must have been the morning run...

Did the earth move for you?
Old Feb 12th 2007, 4:15 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

True - iPom would probably prefer us one at a time!
Behave or I won't offer to babysit when you're up here.....
Old Feb 12th 2007, 4:28 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Behave or I won't offer to babysit when you're up here.....
Forgive me, oh enlightened one.... I shall not err again...

grovel grovel....

(babysit my two? Braver than I thought!! Jen has discovered the delights of commando crawling and is scooting around the house in seconds flat... )
Old Feb 12th 2007, 4:31 pm

Forgive me, oh enlightened one.... I shall not err again...
and if you do she'll tell Mitch!
Old Feb 12th 2007, 4:34 pm
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

and if you do she'll tell Mitch!

Pipe down, you!

Isn't it time you were off home?!
Old Feb 12th 2007, 4:37 pm

Pipe down, you!

Isn't it time you were off home?!
new job mate... i'm "working" till 5 nowadays
Old Feb 12th 2007, 4:42 pm
Full Throttle

new job mate... i'm "working" till 5 nowadays
*splutter*