Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

NSW Police demonstrate irony..

NSW Police demonstrate irony..

Old Nov 23rd 2009, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NSW Police demonstrate irony..

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
Indeed, everybody is entitled to an opinion, especially on a public forum like this and my "opinion" is that, maybe, people should a small amount of knowledge before they comment. Especially when that comment is given as a fact rather than an opinion.
Reading an article in the newspaper, does not make you well versed in these things, particularly if you are already biased against police, or any other group of people for that matter.
Do cops sometimes go over the top when dealing with things???? well, when you consider that there are thousands of cops on duty here or in the UK or wherever and the thousands of incidents that are being dealt with on a daily basis, of course there are going to be incidents where things could have been done differently or better.
Think about your own job, I'm sure you don't do things perfectly every time and maybe your experience makes you better now than when you first started.
Cops $%^& like any other profession/worker the difference is, when a cop messes up it's usually in public view and everybody has an "opinion" how it should have been done.
Um. Excuse me. How do you know I am not a lawyer or a journalist who dealt with these cases? How do you know I am not an ombudsman. You don't and I'm not. But don't make assumptions!

I hear what you are saying in your arguement Geordi. The difference is when the average person f*** things up in their job it doesn't (usually) entail the loss of life or physical harm of another person. And if it does (a doctor) it is usually done with the intent of helping them, not harming them.

All I am saying is, in my experience, the average Queensland cop has a far more aggressive and authoritarian bully boy stance than anything I ever encountered in UK (much the same as the American police are reknowned for).
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

And you know "most" of them???????????

This comment is just ridiculous
I have eyes Geordie, I have eyes!!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

And you know "most" of them???????????

This comment is just ridiculous

Yes, must admit that 'sweeping generalisation' did make me cringe a little my OH works for the QPS Rabs and i bet he could beat you over 10k,20k or 100m so don't make such silly comments...
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
Um. Excuse me. How do you know I am not a lawyer or a journalist who dealt with these cases? How do you know I am not an ombudsman. You don't and I'm not. But don't make assumptions!

I hear what you are saying in your arguement Geordi. The difference is when the average person f*** things up in their job it doesn't (usually) entail the loss of life or physical harm of another person. And if it does (a doctor) it is usually done with the intent of helping them, not harming them.

All I am saying is, in my experience, the average Queensland cop has a far more aggressive and authoritarian bully boy stance than anything I ever encountered in UK (much the same as the American police are reknowned for).

Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't you a student (or were recently?) That would explain a lot, a 'student of life'
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 12:57 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammyg
Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't you a student (or were recently?) That would explain a lot, a 'student of life'
relevant, how?
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Old Nov 23rd 2009, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

well, i just hope that in your time of need (IF you ever have one) and you have to phone for police assisstance they don't turn up because people with attitudes such as yours are simply hippocrits at times like that...

A lot of people hate police for no apparent reason other than they've come accross the odd obnoxious copper, don't be so closed-minded, there are plenty of good police out there.

It sickens me that they are having to go to emergent jobs in many cases trying to protect the lives of people like yourselves with your views and misguided opinions. Stop reading the bloody courier mail!!
Isn't it ironic that you know bugger all about me but yet you are calling me a hypocrite, closed minded and a Courier Mail reader (the latter of which I find the most offensive). For your information, I have had a few times "of need", as you put it, and the police have done two fifths of f-all to help me.

I know of a single mum with a young daughter who called the police due to an intruder in the middle of the night. Took them about 5 hours to get there. In the meantime thankfully she was not raped or murdered, merely her gear nicked, so don't tell me about "times of need".

However, I must commend them for their speed in which they were able to do me crossing the road at a pedestrian crossing as the little green man turned red. So pleased to see they have their priorities right.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes I am a student, a mature aged student studying psychology and politics. What difference does that make? I am also a researcher and have worked in many different fields prior to that. And your point is?

Maybe you should have gone to university, you might have learnt the ability to critically think, instead of spouting police propaganda.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 1:05 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Fair enough, but thats the thing, when I as cop make a mistake (I've been a cop both in the UK and WA) the ramifications are far more serious than most other jobs. If I balls up, somebody could get killed, I could get killed or end up in prison. For most other workers, the sack is all they have to worry about.
Now, I decided to do this job with best intentions 13 years ago, but when I consider that I could work Mon-Fri painting walls for the same money and with no risk to my wellbeing, I find it harder and harder to justify the job I do.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Is that the best you can do dear? Arguing your point of view might have a tad more credibility than your unsuccessful attempts at name calling and playground humour. Never mind, I guess the police need all the help they can get.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

I have eyes Geordie, I have eyes!!!!
Well I've never been to Queensland, so adhearing to my previous post,
I couldn't possibly comment
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Isn't it ironic that you know bugger all about me but yet you are calling me a hypocrite, closed minded and a Courier Mail reader (the latter of which I find the most offensive). For your information, I have had a few times "of need", as you put it, and the police have done two fifths of f-all to help me.

I know of a single mum with a young daughter who called the police due to an intruder in the middle of the night. Took them about 5 hours to get there. In the meantime thankfully she was not raped or murdered, merely her gear nicked, so don't tell me about "times of need".

However, I must commend them for their speed in which they were able to do me crossing the road at a pedestrian crossing as the little green man turned red. So pleased to see they have their priorities right.

really? sounds like hearsay to me, if she had called 000 and told them break is on police would have been there on code 2 (lights and sirens)within minutes...NEVER 5 hours that is impossible, are you sure she didn't call them and tell them that she had been burgled? You see by stories like this getting passed around the community via chinese whispers, the facts of these situations get distorted and opinions are made.

And yes, if you step off the kerb on a flashing red ped crossing you are breaking the law, sad but true
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Fair enough, but thats the thing, when I as cop make a mistake (I've been a cop both in the UK and WA) the ramifications are far more serious than most other jobs. If I balls up, somebody could get killed, I could get killed or end up in prison. For most other workers, the sack is all they have to worry about.
Now, I decided to do this job with best intentions 13 years ago, but when I consider that I could work Mon-Fri painting walls for the same money and with no risk to my wellbeing, I find it harder and harder to justify the job I do.
I'm genuinely sorry to hear that Geordie. It's very unfortunate for the good ones like yourself that you all get tarred with the same brush (and for that I know I can be guilty). It must also be very difficult to have to 'toe the party line' and take actions that you may not nessarily agree with.

I think we need to improve relationships between the community and police for reasons I have already stated, but not sure how this gets done?

I have a mate in UK who is a copper and he was a "wooly liberal" much like myself before the job and now he's totally the opposite after the dregs he has to deal with.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Is that the best you can do dear? Arguing your point of view might have a tad more credibility than your unsuccessful attempts at name calling and playground humour. Never mind, I guess the police need all the help they can get.
that wasn't aimed at you my dear but never mind,

anyway, stop making assumptions re. the uni comments - wrong again
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

really? sounds like hearsay to me, if she had called 000 and told them break is on police would have been there on code 2 (lights and sirens)within minutes...NEVER 5 hours that is impossible, are you sure she didn't call them and tell them that she had been burgled? You see by stories like this getting passed around the community via chinese whispers, the facts of these situations get distorted and opinions are made.

And yes, if you step off the kerb on a flashing red ped crossing you are breaking the law, sad but true
Um no, actually. Sounds like you have your facts wrong again. I was working with her and she was in at work the next day to tell us about what had happened. She was a right mess.

You see, unlike yourself, I try to be very objective about things and see both sides before I make my mind up. Try it some time, you might like it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.