Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Not for the faint-hearted

Not for the faint-hearted

Old Sep 20th 2006, 1:35 pm
Juicer Member

Glenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of light
Default Not for the faint-hearted

There's a new species of spider in Australia. It's called a clock spider lol

See http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=Clock+Spider :scared: (you have to flick through the 3 pages to see it)

Don't look if you're scared of spiders.

You have been warned
Old Sep 20th 2006, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

mardybum is a splendid one to beholdmardybum is a splendid one to beholdmardybum is a splendid one to beholdmardybum is a splendid one to beholdmardybum is a splendid one to beholdmardybum is a splendid one to beholdmardybum is a splendid one to beholdmardybum is a splendid one to beholdmardybum is a splendid one to beholdmardybum is a splendid one to beholdmardybum is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Not for the faint-hearted

AAAAAAAAAAARGHHH!!!!
That's it, I'm going home :scared:
Old Sep 20th 2006, 1:56 pm
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Re: Not for the faint-hearted

Originally Posted by Glenat
There's a new species of spider in Australia. It's called a clock spider lol

See http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=Clock+Spider :scared: (you have to flick through the 3 pages to see it)

You have been warned
Looks like a spider we had in our bedroom a few months back. It was hanging on the wall above our bed, and soon as a woke up I saw it on the wall. I guarantee both of us never got out of bed as fast as the day we saw that spider.

Luckily we have anti spider spray and gave it a long shot. The damned thing literally jumped off the wall onto the floor, and came for us. Neither of us were wearing any shoes, so we rushed out the room, found something big and hit that spider so hard you would'nt believe.

I'm not sure if the spider was venomous, but we were'nt taking any chances. We have actually been quite lucky with spiders in our home, the last time we had cause for concern was when we found a black widow hiding in one of our closets. That was around a year ago, needless to say we always keep anti spider spray in the house.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 2:01 pm
Juicer Member

Glenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of lightGlenat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
Looks like a spider we had in our bedroom a few months back. It was hanging on the wall above our bed, and soon as a woke up I saw it on the wall. I guarantee both of us never got out of bed as fast as the day we saw that spider.

Luckily we have anti spider spray and gave it a long shot. The damned thing literally jumped off the wall onto the floor, and came for us. Neither of us were wearing any shoes, so we rushed out the room, found something big and hit that spider so hard you would'nt believe.

I'm not sure if the spider was venomous, but we were'nt taking any chances. We have actually been quite lucky with spiders in our home, the last time we had cause for concern was when we found a black widow hiding in one of our closets. That was around a year ago, needless to say we always keep anti spider spray in the house.
Good tip. It's just a huntsman. I say 'JUST' now, I bet I won't be saying that when I see one. Not something I'm looking forward to
Old Sep 20th 2006, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

Good tip. It's just a huntsman. I say 'JUST' now, I bet I won't be saying that when I see one. Not something I'm looking forward to
Those Huntsman are top spiders. I had one crawl up my leg while on my ride on mower, made me jump and say a few words that I'd forgotten I knew, but rather a Huntsman than a bloody Red Back or White Tip, that really would make you jump !
Old Sep 20th 2006, 3:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

There's a new species of spider in Australia. It's called a clock spider

You have been warned
OMG!!!!!!!!!! :scared: I can't believe how big they are how do you squish something that big OOOOOHHHHHHHHH just the thought of feeling it squish :scared:
Old Sep 20th 2006, 4:05 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

[Don't look if you're scared of spiders.

You have been warned [/QUOTE]

My heart....I've had smaller dogs!
Old Sep 20th 2006, 5:19 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Clock spiders are just another name for huntsmen.

Just wait until you have one under your bed covers.

You will be clocked at 100 mph.
Old Sep 20th 2006, 7:59 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

Oh my f*****g god :scared:

now, spiders do not worry me (I say that with great confidence) not!!!

but the size of these things will scare the crap out of me, bloody hell do they really lurke in places where you least expect them?

egg and bec
Old Sep 20th 2006, 8:04 pm
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

i'm sure i read somewhere that we will all swallow spiders in our sleep at some point.
OMG imagine swallowing that - would it bite you or suffocate you first :scared:
Old Sep 20th 2006, 8:43 pm
Back in OZ!

ElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond reputeElshaUK has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in Australia for 16 years and could count on one hand the amount of Huntsman I have encountered....

Don't panic too much people!

Old Sep 20th 2006, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

BertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond repute

In the 4 weeks I was on holiday I came across three :scared:
Attached Thumbnails Not for the faint-hearted-img_0060.jpg  
Old Sep 20th 2006, 9:21 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

OMFG!!!
I had forgotten how big they are!!!!
I remember as a kid going into my room and turning to come out and a huntsman was ABOVE the door. :scared:
I thought - Do I stay with the spider - or risk running under it and it fall on me
I did the latter at over 100 mph screaming the place down!!
(Dad killed it with flyspray )
J x
Old Sep 20th 2006, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

BertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond repute

scary part was it snuck back under the decking - still there for all I know
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
OMG!!!!!!!!!! :scared: I can't believe how big they are how do you squish something that big OOOOOHHHHHHHHH just the thought of feeling it squish :scared:
This is what they use to catch and transport them in South Australia
Attached Thumbnails Not for the faint-hearted-spider-catchers.jpg