British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Not for the faint-hearted (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/not-faint-hearted-397631/)

Glenat Sep 20th 2006 1:35 am

Not for the faint-hearted

There's a new species of spider in Australia. It's called a clock spider :D lol

See http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=Clock+Spider :scared: (you have to flick through the 3 pages to see it)

Don't look if you're scared of spiders.

You have been warned ;)

mardybum Sep 20th 2006 1:39 am

Re: Not for the faint-hearted

AAAAAAAAAAARGHHH!!!!
That's it, I'm going home :scared:

kingfisher241049 Sep 20th 2006 1:56 am

Originally Posted by Glenat
There's a new species of spider in Australia. It's called a clock spider :D lol

See http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...m=Clock+Spider :scared: (you have to flick through the 3 pages to see it)

You have been warned ;)

Looks like a spider we had in our bedroom a few months back. It was hanging on the wall above our bed, and soon as a woke up I saw it on the wall. I guarantee both of us never got out of bed as fast as the day we saw that spider.

Luckily we have anti spider spray and gave it a long shot. The damned thing literally jumped off the wall onto the floor, and came for us. Neither of us were wearing any shoes, so we rushed out the room, found something big and hit that spider so hard you would'nt believe.

I'm not sure if the spider was venomous, but we were'nt taking any chances. We have actually been quite lucky with spiders in our home, the last time we had cause for concern was when we found a black widow hiding in one of our closets. That was around a year ago, needless to say we always keep anti spider spray in the house.

Glenat Sep 20th 2006 2:01 am

Originally Posted by kingfisher241049
Looks like a spider we had in our bedroom a few months back. It was hanging on the wall above our bed, and soon as a woke up I saw it on the wall. I guarantee both of us never got out of bed as fast as the day we saw that spider.

Luckily we have anti spider spray and gave it a long shot. The damned thing literally jumped off the wall onto the floor, and came for us. Neither of us were wearing any shoes, so we rushed out the room, found something big and hit that spider so hard you would'nt believe.

I'm not sure if the spider was venomous, but we were'nt taking any chances. We have actually been quite lucky with spiders in our home, the last time we had cause for concern was when we found a black widow hiding in one of our closets. That was around a year ago, needless to say we always keep anti spider spray in the house.

Good tip. It's just a huntsman. I say 'JUST' now, I bet I won't be saying that when I see one. Not something I'm looking forward to :eek:

Santa Sep 20th 2006 2:49 am

Good tip. It's just a huntsman. I say 'JUST' now, I bet I won't be saying that when I see one. Not something I'm looking forward to :eek:

Those Huntsman are top spiders. I had one crawl up my leg while on my ride on mower, made me jump and say a few words that I'd forgotten I knew, but rather a Huntsman than a bloody Red Back or White Tip, that really would make you jump !

curly Sep 20th 2006 3:24 am

There's a new species of spider in Australia. It's called a clock spider

You have been warned ;)

OMG!!!!!!!!!! :scared: I can't believe how big they are :eek: how do you squish something that big :confused: OOOOOHHHHHHHHH just the thought of feeling it squish :scared:

busterboy Sep 20th 2006 4:05 am

[Don't look if you're scared of spiders.

You have been warned ;)[/QUOTE]

My heart....I've had smaller dogs!

Bordy Sep 20th 2006 5:19 am

Clock spiders are just another name for huntsmen.

Just wait until you have one under your bed covers. :p

You will be clocked at 100 mph.

egghead4 Sep 20th 2006 7:59 am

Oh my f*****g god :scared:

now, spiders do not worry me (I say that with great confidence) not!!!

but the size of these things will scare the crap out of me, bloody hell do they really lurke in places where you least expect them? :(

egg and bec

thewoodz Sep 20th 2006 8:04 am

i'm sure i read somewhere that we will all swallow spiders in our sleep at some point.
OMG imagine swallowing that - would it bite you or suffocate you first :scared:

ElshaUK Sep 20th 2006 8:43 am

I lived in Australia for 16 years and could count on one hand the amount of Huntsman I have encountered....

Don't panic too much people!

:)

BertieB Sep 20th 2006 9:18 am

1 Attachment(s)
In the 4 weeks I was on holiday I came across three :scared:

Jaycee1 Sep 20th 2006 9:21 am

OMFG!!!
I had forgotten how big they are!!!!
I remember as a kid going into my room and turning to come out and a huntsman was ABOVE the door. :scared:
I thought - Do I stay with the spider - or risk running under it and it fall on me :eek:
I did the latter at over 100 mph screaming the place down!!
(Dad killed it with flyspray :cool: )
J x

BertieB Sep 20th 2006 9:22 am

scary part was it snuck back under the decking - still there for all I know

Ialibu Sep 22nd 2006 11:10 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by curly
OMG!!!!!!!!!! :scared: I can't believe how big they are :eek: how do you squish something that big :confused: OOOOOHHHHHHHHH just the thought of feeling it squish :scared:

This is what they use to catch and transport them in South Australia :eek: