Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is this normal for solar heating in pool

Is this normal for solar heating in pool

Old Sep 11th 2007, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

andyaldy will become famous soon enough
Default Is this normal for solar heating in pool

Please can anyone help me with the following, we had our solar put in about 18mths ago, all going fine until i have just been outside and noticed that one of the pipes that goes up the wall has a steady drip coming out of the top of it, not sure if the pipe is the inlet or outlet, but it is the one with a black nozzle at the top if that helps, it seems like the drip is coming from the top of the nozzle
thankyou for any help on this one
Old Sep 11th 2007, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Is this normal for solar heating in pool

Originally Posted by andyaldy
Please can anyone help me with the following, we had our solar put in about 18mths ago, all going fine until i have just been outside and noticed that one of the pipes that goes up the wall has a steady drip coming out of the top of it, not sure if the pipe is the inlet or outlet, but it is the one with a black nozzle at the top if that helps, it seems like the drip is coming from the top of the nozzle
thankyou for any help on this one
Mine does the same everyday. Will watch with great interest.
Sean
Old Sep 11th 2007, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

hi
thankyou for that, so this is normal then, if so over time what a waste of water this is
thanks
Old Sep 11th 2007, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by andyaldy
hi
thankyou for that, so this is normal then, if so over time what a waste of water this is
thanks
Just found out it is the vacuum relief valve. Got to find out why its there and what it does now. You would think being a mechanical engineer I would know
Old Sep 11th 2007, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Hi
i have just had a quick look on google about this valve and i can only find something that says its for the pool water to drain from, i just thought one pipe took in the water heated it and the other pipe put it back in the pool, i can not understand why its used to drain the water, i know this is only a slight drip but if its always doing this( not sure if it is as i only noticed today) that is alot of water wasted.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 8:23 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

sorry haven't got anything valuable to contribute, per usual, but it's great to know pools can now have solar.