Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Non payment of speeding fine

Non payment of speeding fine

Old Oct 17th 2009, 9:49 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Non payment of speeding fine

Originally Posted by jazzys
Is the MY inbuilt speed alarm, or another little device i should be looking at?

Jazzys
Some cars eg Mitsubishi's have lcd speed alarms fitted with fuel/distance/odometer etc readouts in the car's computer gizmo. You set the desired speedlimit and when you exceed it sets off several audible beeps and lights up "speed" and flashes the set speed on the screen until you slow below the set level......
Old Oct 17th 2009, 9:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Some cars eg Mitsubishi's have lcd speed alarms fitted with fuel/distance/odometer etc readouts in the car's computer gizmo. You set the desired speedlimit and when you exceed it sets off several audible beeps and lights up "speed" and flashes the set speed on the screen until you slow below the set level......
The sneaky bastards would still get me one way or another.

Jazzys
Old Oct 17th 2009, 9:54 pm

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Jazzys
Not if you didn't speed....
Old Oct 17th 2009, 9:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Not if you didn't speed....
The thing is i wasn't even aware that i was speeding.

I can see this thread running and running
Which is exctly what i'm gunna have to do if i lose the licence

Jazzys
Old Oct 17th 2009, 9:57 pm

The thing is i wasn't even aware that i was speeding.

I can see this thread running and running
Which is exctly what i'm gunna have to do if i lose the licence

Jazzys
If it was a camera, you could've blamed the OH and saved your points.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

The other half is still in england mate so its a little difficult to get away with blaming her for this one.

Jazzys
Old Oct 17th 2009, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Jazzy me ole mucka - I can put my crazy carefree head on and tell you to take a chance and keep quiet and take the chance (but in my experience it all usually catches up with you later on ) or i can put my sensible head on and tell you to get off your arse, stop playing silly buggers and go pay the fine, take your punishment and then start again with a clean slate.
...........and before anyone tells me Im being nasty - jazzys me mate and he likes it nasty
Old Oct 17th 2009, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by daunted
Jazzy me ole mucka - I can put my crazy carefree head on and tell you to take a chance and keep quiet and take the chance (but in my experience it all usually catches up with you later on ) or i can put my sensible head on and tell you to get off your arse, stop playing silly buggers and go pay the fine, take your punishment and then start again with a clean slate.
...........and before anyone tells me Im being nasty - jazzys me mate and he likes it nasty
Gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, your nasty

I like it

Jazzys
Old Oct 17th 2009, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Jazzys
dont be a dickhead mate! you only get zapped if you speeding! dont speed and you wont get zapped!!
Interesting and related story run on radio couple weeks ago is that if you are zapped with hand held camera you have to admit to it in some way shape or form or they cant issue ticket! Presenter tried it out and got off but admitted he was cackin himself!

edited to add - HOWEVER dont frickin speed jazzy me dear!
Old Oct 17th 2009, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, your nasty

I like it

Jazzys

i know which is why i would tann your bloody arse if i were there! now make you mind up. either you are innocent (jail is full of innocent people apparently) so you contest or you have been caught out so pay the penalty!!!!!
Old Oct 17th 2009, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

BigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud of

Now i know i'm likely to get crucified for this post but here goes anyway.

About 5 weeks ago i was nicked speeding and the copper gave me a yellow piece of paper which was a carbon copy of what she's wrote on the ticket.

she told me i'd hear from the transport office regarding what my options would be because the ticket would have made me reach the 12 point mark and therefore a suspension of my licence was probable.

I have waited all this time and still heard nothing.

However, i re-read the yellow paper today and i was supposed to pay the fine within 28 days.

What the hell do i do now? Hope i'm lost in the system and keep quiet or ring em up and pay up before i get arrested.

( be gentle )

Jazzys
eh pay it sorry mate u do the the

crime u serve the time

Last edited by BigH68; Oct 17th 2009 at 10:56 pm.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

easty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by daunted
dont be a dickhead mate! you only get zapped if you speeding! dont speed and you wont get zapped!!
Interesting and related story run on radio couple weeks ago is that if you are zapped with hand held camera you have to admit to it in some way shape or form or they cant issue ticket! Presenter tried it out and got off but admitted he was cackin himself!

edited to add - HOWEVER dont frickin speed jazzy me dear!
Can you elaborate on the radio story? I had never heard of that.
Old Oct 17th 2009, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by easty1976
Can you elaborate on the radio story? I had never heard of that.
well ........are you sitting comfortably..................
Western Australia, Hot FM 95.7 think it was the breakfast programme Chippy and Nae (cos it was on on way to work)
Chippy said that he had heard you had to admit to speeding before they could give fine SOOO he tested it............
.........took his mum out for drive in known spot for police soeed cameras, driving over limit BUT NOT CRAZY. He got stopped. Stayed calm and refused to believe he was speeding. (all time his mum next to him gettin more and more embarrassed) apparently at the end of it all he just got a warnign to keep and eye on his speed. i will go look at the website see if i can find a link
Old Oct 17th 2009, 11:40 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like complete nonsense from the DJ but I'm willing to read anything that supports it.
Well i could certainly use my licence as i'm gunna be looking for a job after next week. A lawyers gunna cost me a mint though isn't he?
I don't think they're ridiculously expensive but I dunno - depends on what s/he can do for you (if anything) compared to losing licence/higher insurance/higher fees/whatever. They might have flat fees for this type of stuff. At least they ought to be able to give reliable info on your options and what is likely to happen.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Not if it's the on coming ones now used in QLD in the black Merc Vans, defo good enough to tell if it is a man or woman driving.

Last edited by Red_V_Roger; Oct 18th 2009 at 10:21 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.