Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Non payment of speeding fine

Non payment of speeding fine

Old Oct 18th 2009, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Non payment of speeding fine

Now i know i'm likely to get crucified for this post but here goes anyway.

About 5 weeks ago i was nicked speeding and the copper gave me a yellow piece of paper which was a carbon copy of what she's wrote on the ticket.

she told me i'd hear from the transport office regarding what my options would be because the ticket would have made me reach the 12 point mark and therefore a suspension of my licence was probable.

I have waited all this time and still heard nothing.

However, i re-read the yellow paper today and i was supposed to pay the fine within 28 days.

What the hell do i do now? Hope i'm lost in the system and keep quiet or ring em up and pay up before i get arrested.

( be gentle )

Jazzys
Old Oct 18th 2009, 8:26 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Non payment of speeding fine

Which state/territory?

Don't tickets usually give you a choice of pay OR dispute & go to court?
Old Oct 18th 2009, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
Which state/territory?

Don't tickets usually give you a choice of pay OR dispute & go to court?
QLD, the cop said i'd receive a letter explaining my options and i haven't had one
Old Oct 18th 2009, 8:32 am
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jazzys
QLD, the cop said i'd receive a letter explaining my options and i haven't had one
Apparently they're not obliged to send you a reminder and you can still pay it, but it'll cost you $52 extra. I googled "queensland traffic ticket" and got this handy flow diagram as an explanation:

http://www.sper.qld.gov.au/how_sper_works.htm

Is your licence/rego address correct?

If you're likely to lose your licence and you need it, it might be worth punting the money on a traffic lawyer.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Well i could certainly use my licence as i'm gunna be looking for a job after next week.
A lawyers gunna cost me a mint though isn't he?

Jazzys
Old Oct 18th 2009, 9:10 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Now i know i'm likely to get crucified for this post but here goes anyway.

About 5 weeks ago i was nicked speeding and the copper gave me a yellow piece of paper which was a carbon copy of what she's wrote on the ticket.

she told me i'd hear from the transport office regarding what my options would be because the ticket would have made me reach the 12 point mark and therefore a suspension of my licence was probable.

I have waited all this time and still heard nothing.

However, i re-read the yellow paper today and i was supposed to pay the fine within 28 days.

What the hell do i do now? Hope i'm lost in the system and keep quiet or ring em up and pay up before i get arrested.

( be gentle )

Jazzys
If you've now got 12 demerit points, and haven't paid the fine, you might have trouble getting off losing it. You'd most likely wouldn't even get a "work licence' because technically you are not working and therefore it is not essential. Sorry.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Bloke
If you've now got 12 demerit points, and haven't paid the fine, you might have trouble getting off losing it. You'd most likely wouldn't even get a "work licence' because technically you are not working and therefore it is not essential. Sorry.
Well actually i am working, but i may not be after next week. although i hear there is a route called something like a hardship thing where if its likely to cause you hardship there is leniency

Jazzys
Old Oct 18th 2009, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

I was nicked by the camera in the Land Cruiser in Queensland. It took about 6 weeks for the letter to come.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Well actually i am working, but i may not be after next week. although i hear there is a route called something like a hardship thing where if its likely to cause you hardship there is leniency

Jazzys
Do you have the option of the 'good behavour' licence rather than the ban like we have in NSW?
Old Oct 18th 2009, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Do you have the option of the 'good behavour' licence rather than the ban like we have in NSW?
I have no letter to tell me what my options are.
I want to get it sorted and although its guna be a pain in the arse i would probably opt to lose my licence for 3 months and then get all my points back ( i believe that is one option i would have )

I'm in england for a month so thats only 2 i'd be inconvenienced for

Jazzys
Old Oct 18th 2009, 9:36 am

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Jazzys
Sorry, just read that you would be looking for a job. I hope you can sort it out.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Sorry, just read that you would be looking for a job. I hope you can sort it out.
Hmmmm, me too mate. Thanks

Jazzys
Old Oct 18th 2009, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
I was nicked by the camera in the Land Cruiser in Queensland. It took about 6 weeks for the letter to come.
I would assume that jazzy got nicked by a traffic cop with a handheld laser gun and got an on the spot handwritten ticket.
Old Oct 18th 2009, 9:40 am

Hmmmm, me too mate. Thanks

Jazzys
Betcha in future you'll have you eyes glued on the speedo or use the inbuilt speed alarm(if fitted)?
Old Oct 18th 2009, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Betcha in future you'll have you eyes glued on the speedo or use the inbuilt speed alarm(if fitted)?
Is the MY inbuilt speed alarm, or another little device i should be looking at?

Jazzys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.