Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

No wonder dentists wear masks

No wonder dentists wear masks

Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

andym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: No wonder dentists wear masks

Wouldn't it be cheaper to fly back to europe, even with the air fare?
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:26 pm
Curse you aqua scum

PaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant future

I had dental treatement last year - our Dentist was NHS but went private we weren't given the choice and it's impossible to find a NHS dentist around here. - Cost about £1500 - a crown and a couple of fillings, hygenist etc for me. It included £284 for a filling for my 10 year old - they won't even do her treatment on the NHS anymore. Mrs PHH
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

andym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the rough

Notice I said europe not UK.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: No wonder dentists wear masks

There's an echo in here

Went to the dentist today.... $202 for check up, clean and polish and some x-rays

Popped to HBF office and got $155 back

Go back in 12 months for a check up

Can't be bad - almost 35 and not a single filling

Long may it continue.......
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

gillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sasbear
Well to be honest the first one needs doing in the next 6 months - the 2nd one can wait a year - and the 3rd - well it is right at the back on the bottom - so I am tempted to wait and see how long it lasts - and maybe lose it or wait till I can afford it...
I'd shop around a bit, but I have to have 4 crowns and I'm just working my way to it slowly. I've had 2, will have the 3rd this year and 4th next. I've also had periodontal treatment. My dentist gave me a quote spread over several years when I asked and did them in order of priority.
I know it's a lot to pay (even when you have insurance) but my mouth/gums/teeth feel so much better since I've been here and been having treatment. I found NHS was brutal in their treatment allbeit free.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:58 am
Curse you aqua scum

PaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant futurePaddyHaHa has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by andym79
Sorrrryyy, I didn't read it properly - saw Europe read England - Whoops - promise to sit in the corner corner with my dunce hat on for 10 minutes.

Mrs PHH
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:41 am
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

I just had a tooth pulled here - been a pain since Christmas - paid £15.90- best £15.90 I've spent in a long long time.....Ems x
Old Feb 29th 2008, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to behold

Might live to regret this, BUT, I used to go to the dentist every 6 months and was ALWAYS prescribed something. - I have not been now for 20 years and apart from a few painful niggles whtch have came and went, I have had NO problems. Either I am incedibly lucky OR someone is taking the P!SS!!!!!!!

Olias X
Old Feb 29th 2008, 12:43 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

But I don't think you've told us everything Olias
Attached Thumbnails No wonder dentists wear masks-hag.gif  
Old Feb 29th 2008, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix
But I don't think you've told us everything Olias
Hey!!!!!!!!! no need to post pics of my mum!!!!!!
Old Sep 9th 2008, 1:32 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jellibaby
OH lost a filling last week and had it replaced yesterday - they drilled it a bit and did some cleaning - $110 all in, and as yet we do NOT have any insurance as we have yet to decide on what is best course of action to supplement medicare! So many scare stories on what's NOT covered I'm wondering iif its worth getting anything other than ambo cover?
Your so lucky! I went today to get a filling replaced and it cost me $525!

I nearly fainted when she told me the cost. The dentist hadn't even cleaned my teeth or checked the other teeth, just one measly film

She has given me an estimate for a check up, clean, x-rays and a splint (as I grind my teeth sometimes when asleep) and this is $800!!

I don't think I will bother with the splint, as I have managed without it for 2 years. I'll just have the check up and clean.

Why are dentists so expensive in Oz. The amazing thing is, they don't think anything of charging people all this money. It's normal for them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.