Reload this Page >

News of the Day thread ...

News of the Day thread ...

Old Jan 27th 2016, 8:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: News of the Day thread ...

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Mitchell Pearce dog video: Sydney Roosters captain filmed simulating lewd act, NRL future in doubt WHY? No, not why is this prat doing something with a dog, I guess he is retarded in some way.No, not why is he being disciplined for it, as someone kids look up to he deserves to be chucked off the team/banned/whatever. But - WHY has the ABC put a distinctly dubious photo of him on their website alongside the story, and the video itself on the main article - with subtitles? I thought the CourierMail sank pretty low at times, but come on ABC, raise your stndards, please!
Why is the scumbag who took and released the video not nursing a broken nose?? We're all guilty of embarrassing ourselves and others when we're pissed and this is a non-story. Watched about 30 seconds of some tart questioning his mental health on breakfast TV and gave up. The bloke is a footy player, not a TV presenter or school teacher, not saying what he did wasn't disturbing, but no one got hurt did they?was a rather sexy dog though
Oh and correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a sofa he's on, a sofa in a house, ie; behind closed doors, the cameraman is the one that deserves a pounding

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Jan 27th 2016 at 8:56 pm.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Why is the scumbag who took and released the video not nursing a broken nose?? We're all guilty of embarrassing ourselves and others when we're pissed and this is a non-story. Watched about 30 seconds of some tart questioning his mental health on breakfast TV and gave up. The bloke is a footy player, not a TV presenter or school teacher, not saying what he did wasn't disturbing, but no one got hurt did they?was a rather sexy dog though
Oh and correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a sofa he's on, a sofa in a house, ie; behind closed doors, the cameraman is the one that deserves a pounding
Totally agree. There should be punishment for filming and publishing without the consent of target.

Lets put this in terms of dollars. Apparently the filmer was paid $60,000 by (no surprises) Channel 9 for this and the target now has his $700,000 contract placed in jeopardy all for getting a little bit pissed and being a little bit silly.

Something stinks about that scenario.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 1:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with you two guys on this one..... Shows how the world has gone totally over the top with it's PC outlook on all things, that vary from the norm.

I would have thought the embarrassment factor was punishment enough for this bloke being a total dickforbrains when pissed.

The reaction is like curtailing to the holier than thou brigade, which IMO is backwards step for society as a whole. It's almost thought crime... yet being done under the influence.

How can you legislate a industry to stop people being idiots when Pissed. I understand the legislation for no drinking part of sporting people careers... If he has broken that rule, then do him for that.... but not for being a total idiot.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 3:10 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Agree with you two guys on this one..... Shows how the world has gone totally over the top with it's PC outlook on all things, that vary from the norm.

I would have thought the embarrassment factor was punishment enough for this bloke being a total dickforbrains when pissed.

The reaction is like curtailing to the holier than thou brigade, which IMO is backwards step for society as a whole. It's almost thought crime... yet being done under the influence.

How can you legislate a industry to stop people being idiots when Pissed. I understand the legislation for no drinking part of sporting people careers... If he has broken that rule, then do him for that.... but not for being a total idiot.
Totally agree.

And for gawds sake don't make the rest of us have to watch it when all we are doing is reading the news cos its part if our job!
Old Jan 28th 2016, 4:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree.

And for gawds sake don't make the rest of us have to watch it when all we are doing is reading the news cos its part if our job!
Absolutely ..... the background music is terrible and the decor in that apartment is a disgrace.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 5:20 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Absolutely ..... the background music is terrible and the decor in that apartment is a disgrace.

I'm going to lodge a request with IT tonight that they block ABC on the grounds they are airing obscene videos....be interesting to hear the response!
Old Jan 28th 2016, 7:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well well well. Here's Mitchell Pearce at 16 telling a a bunch of guys to control a drunken Craig Gower.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/board-backing-gower-despite-assault-evidence/2006/01/02/1136050394672.html
Old Jan 28th 2016, 11:38 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Spot on

Massive overreaction on this. The Australian called his act an 'atrocity'. WTF? Did he behead hostages under the banner of ISIS? Did he go into a school and machine-gun all the kids? Did he commit ethnic cleansing in Bosnia? Those are f**king atrocities you idiot reporters

What this prick did is crass, immature and stupid but hardly career ending stuff. He's a young bloke and many young blokes to stupid things. I know I certainly did (never simulated sex with a dog though - although there was an incident with a goat.......)
Old Jan 28th 2016, 12:51 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Spot on

Massive overreaction on this. The Australian called his act an 'atrocity'. WTF? Did he behead hostages under the banner of ISIS? Did he go into a school and machine-gun all the kids? Did he commit ethnic cleansing in Bosnia? Those are f**king atrocities you idiot reporters

What this prick did is crass, immature and stupid but hardly career ending stuff. He's a young bloke and many young blokes to stupid things. I know I certainly did (never simulated sex with a dog though - although there was an incident with a goat.......)
I thought you said that wasn't simulated....
Old Jan 28th 2016, 3:50 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Spot on

+1
Old Jan 28th 2016, 11:13 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I thought you said that wasn't simulated....
Old Jan 29th 2016, 9:06 am
Home and Happy

Stubby holder gift given at Australia Day citizenship ceremony sparks social media outcry

A stubby holder depicting a silhouetted naked woman standing against an Australian flag that was distributed at an Australia Day citizenship ceremony in the NSW Hunter region has sparked an outcry on social media.

At the a citizenship ceremony at Nelson Bay, north of Newcastle, at least one gift bag containing the controversial stubby holder was given to an attendee.

Port Stephens Council, who was responsible for the citizenship ceremony, said the stubby holder was not part of the "official citizenship gift pack".

In a statement on Facebook, the council said the gift set containing the stubby holder was packed by a "local business house" and was distributed by the ceremony's volunteer organising committee.

It said it was not aware of the pack's contents.

"There has obviously been a failure of oversight and quality control in this instance," the council's social media statement said.
Attached Thumbnails News of the Day thread ...-stubby.jpg  
Old Jan 29th 2016, 9:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Stubby holder gift given at Australia Day citizenship ceremony sparks social media outcry

A stubby holder depicting a silhouetted naked woman standing against an Australian flag that was distributed at an Australia Day citizenship ceremony in the NSW Hunter region has sparked an outcry on social media.

At the a citizenship ceremony at Nelson Bay, north of Newcastle, at least one gift bag containing the controversial stubby holder was given to an attendee.

Port Stephens Council, who was responsible for the citizenship ceremony, said the stubby holder was not part of the "official citizenship gift pack".

In a statement on Facebook, the council said the gift set containing the stubby holder was packed by a "local business house" and was distributed by the ceremony's volunteer organising committee.

"There has obviously been a failure of oversight and quality control in this instance," the council's social media statement said.
Nelson Bay and Port Stephens are absolutely beautiful. After you've got over Tassie, I recommend your next holiday there. Newcastle Airport is 20 mins away and has direct flights to Brisvegas.

Old Jan 29th 2016, 9:27 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Beoz
Nelson Bay and Port Stephens are absolutely beautiful. After you've got over Tassie, I recommend your next holiday there. Newcastle Airport is 20 mins away and has direct flights to Brisvegas.

http://www.wyndhamap.com/wps/wcm/con...8-acaac7c9d563
It'll have to be good to beat Tassie - been going there for 17 years and not tired of it yet!
Old Jan 30th 2016, 6:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

I doesn't offend me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.