Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

a newbie to b.e. trying to work it out

a newbie to b.e. trying to work it out

Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: a newbie to b.e. trying to work it out

Originally Posted by townies5
glossop is getting more built up and full of traffic by the day. you aren't missing much. the folk are still nice of course (especially me!). which bit did you come from then?
I moved there to join the police (in 1995) so worked out of Glossop nick. Lived in Longclough Drive, Simmondley. Always like Old Glossop best though. Great pubs, great people, even alot of the ones I nicked ! You may know some of my old colleagues; PM me if so, I would love to catch up.
I heard there is alot of building going on along Brookfields.And house prices seem to have gone mad...I missed out there. Loved jumping on the train to go shopping in town.
You'll ,miss the scenery though...
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Just wanted to say hi,

Like you I'm just just getting the hang of this forum lark.

I've spent many years tarnishing my real life reputation (just ask my neighbours!) and now I find I have to start all over again!!!

Oh the injustice!

Lindsay
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Welcome

I've give you some Karma (reputation ). Click on the 'My Profile' link at the top of the page and it'll list the people who have given you some and the message they've left.
Thanks for that info too ...............I had no idea what them little square thingys were for?

Any other surprizes anyone?

I'm an older newbie!
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

Location: loving the ozzie life in perth - except for the snakes
townies5 is a jewel in the roughtownies5 is a jewel in the roughtownies5 is a jewel in the roughtownies5 is a jewel in the roughtownies5 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by seasprite
I moved there to join the police (in 1995) so worked out of Glossop nick. Lived in Longclough Drive, Simmondley. Always like Old Glossop best though. Great pubs, great people, even alot of the ones I nicked ! You may know some of my old colleagues; PM me if so, I would love to catch up.
I heard there is alot of building going on along Brookfields.And house prices seem to have gone mad...I missed out there. Loved jumping on the train to go shopping in town.
You'll ,miss the scenery though...
its a small world. my hubby is in the cops, but works in stockport. my in laws live in simmondley - bowland road. i have a lovely scenic view from our house, i will miss it WHEN we move.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 2:58 am
Forum Regular

townies5 is a jewel in the roughtownies5 is a jewel in the roughtownies5 is a jewel in the roughtownies5 is a jewel in the roughtownies5 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Bobcat
Thanks for that info too ...............I had no idea what them little square thingys were for?

Any other surprizes anyone?

I'm an older newbie!
hi older newbie. it takes a while to get the hang of this forum bit. but i'm getting there! have you stayed that hotel in perth? i think you left me some info on another thread.

Last edited by townies5; Aug 1st 2007 at 3:06 am.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
Just wanted to say hi,

Like you I'm just just getting the hang of this forum lark.

I've spent many years tarnishing my real life reputation (just ask my neighbours!) and now I find I have to start all over again!!!

Oh the injustice!

Lindsay
lindsay, i wanna know more as to how you tarnished your real life reputation. spill the beans.............
Old Aug 1st 2007, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

lindsay, i wanna know more as to how you tarnished your real life reputation. spill the beans.............
I wish I remembered! (well maybe not!)
.........actually that may be where the problem lies!

Lindsay
Old Aug 1st 2007, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
I wish I remembered! (well maybe not!)
.........actually that may be where the problem lies!

Lindsay
age induced or alcohol?? mines probably both!
Old Aug 1st 2007, 3:11 am
Forum Regular

lindsay, where are you headed to from sunny scotland?
Old Aug 1st 2007, 3:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Age and alcohol for me too!

We're aiming for brisbane although it all really depends on where hubby finds work,I'm not too picky!

We're still right at the beginning though, just getting ACS application ready, what about you?

Lindsay
Old Aug 1st 2007, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

we are heading to perth. hubby has a job, visa's permitting starting 26th nov 07. house sale just going thru hopeully. had survey done this morning, u neva know wot they might find. so life is a flurry of car boot sales and cardboard boxes!
Old Aug 1st 2007, 3:31 am
BE Enthusiast

we are heading to perth. hubby has a job, visa's permitting starting 26th nov 07. house sale just going thru hopeully. had survey done this morning, u neva know wot they might find. so life is a flurry of car boot sales and cardboard boxes!

I'm sure all will be well with the survey

Am so looking forward to being where you are although I can quite understand how scary it must be at the same time although at least having work organised must take the pressure off a bit?

Lindsay
Old Aug 1st 2007, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

i think the pressure is worse when you have a job to go to. you have to sell your house then to fit with their schedules. it doesnt seem to help much with speeding up the visa's either. how slow are they in the visa department? :curse:
we have no other contacts over there, so this site is making me feel so much better about the whole move. especially now i know they have my fav drink!
donna
Old Aug 1st 2007, 4:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Yeah you could be right, I don't think theres an easy way to do it!

Have you been before?

Lindsay
Old Aug 1st 2007, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

the closest i've been to oz is watching skippy the bush kangaroo(how old am i??) or neighbours. we are going in blind. we just fancied an adventure! plus plenty of sun, sand and ........surfing!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.