New Kitchen

Old Nov 26th 2012, 7:35 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Kitchen

When I read these sorts of threads it makes me appreciate why I do all this stuff myself, tradesmen just cant be relied upon unfortunately.
Hope it all gets sorted eventually for you.
Old Nov 26th 2012, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

When we got this house built we photographed all the bits that were wrong in the kitchen (where else?) and then annotated the photos with big red arrows and numbered the defects. We then attached these to the numbered list we sent to the builders. They fixed the lot.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 2:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

The kitchen was supposed to be reconnected and working today.

BUT

The oven doesn't fit and is sticking out so the dishwasher won't open.

AND

Our safety switch has broken- it works on the test button, but not if you put it through a power circuit. $900 to fix as the regs have changed, and we need power to 9 different circuits.

Also the towel rail in the bathroom is dangerous so you can't put wet towels on it unless it is off, and the lights over the sink are so hot they are melting the plastic plates around them so they will have to be replaced with leds.

NOT happy.

The builders should be back tomorrow to correct stuff, but OH has just told me he has to work, so I have to deal with the bolshy Lebanese guy who caused all the problems in the first place. I am really quite cross.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips

The kitchen was supposed to be reconnected and working today.

BUT

The oven doesn't fit and is sticking out so the dishwasher won't open.

AND

Our safety switch has broken- it works on the test button, but not if you put it through a power circuit. $900 to fix as the regs have changed, and we need power to 9 different circuits.

Also the towel rail in the bathroom is dangerous so you can't put wet towels on it unless it is off, and the lights over the sink are so hot they are melting the plastic plates around them so they will have to be replaced with leds.

NOT happy.

The builders should be back tomorrow to correct stuff, but OH has just told me he has to work, so I have to deal with the bolshy Lebanese guy who caused all the problems in the first place. I am really quite cross.
I hope it gets sorted soon for you.One of the ladies at work is in the middle of having a kitchen installed.Its now been three months and its still not finished.The kitchen company went bankrupt in the middle of installation.It was good news for us because she had to buy meals from us.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 3:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Am I a sad person because I am excited by the fact that tonight I can boil a saucepan of water on the new hob? For the first time in 4 years I have more than 2 burners that work, so I'm going to cook spag bol. Haven't had that for a month!!
Old Dec 6th 2012, 4:49 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Am I a sad person because I am excited by the fact that tonight I can boil a saucepan of water on the new hob? For the first time in 4 years I have more than 2 burners that work, so I'm going to cook spag bol. Haven't had that for a month!!
I like spag bol too

Hopefully kitchen finished soon - and all probs sorted
Old Dec 6th 2012, 4:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I like spag bol too

Hopefully kitchen finished soon - and all probs sorted

Gluten free spaghetti of course.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 5:17 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

A guy that my builder friend is doing some work for is importing a kitchen from China. Huge, CNC cut, marine ply (FFS) instead of chipboard - $15k delivered.
Old Dec 6th 2012, 5:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
A guy that my builder friend is doing some work for is importing a kitchen from China. Huge, CNC cut, marine ply (FFS) instead of chipboard - $15k delivered.
Now you tell me!!

Just discovered that my water filter is leaking, so I can't put stuff back under the sink.

On the other hand, I've just had spag bol- sooooo nice after a month of microwave re-heats/salad/microwave steamed rice. I hasten to add, NOT shop bought- all prepared by me in the month before the kitchen went, and frozen ready for use.
Old Dec 9th 2012, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

So the start of week 8 of the kitchen saga!
Things seemed fairly under control last week, everything connected and like you have actually cooked a few fresh meals at last. However the all singing dancing microwave/convection oven wouldn't work, so that had to be sorted, but ok now, unhappy with a few things, but again they can be sorted.

So today the glass splash back arrived to be fitted and guess what, it has been measured wrong and is 30 cms too short!!!!
I'm quite calm really, ok mega p-s-d off. 2 weeks to christmas, only got 15 coming, and am waiting to hear back that it can be done in time. Obviously want it in place in time, but also don't want a rushed botched job.
Do hope you are having better luck.
Old Dec 9th 2012, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by tomar
So the start of week 8 of the kitchen saga!
Things seemed fairly under control last week, everything connected and like you have actually cooked a few fresh meals at last. However the all singing dancing microwave/convection oven wouldn't work, so that had to be sorted, but ok now, unhappy with a few things, but again they can be sorted.

So today the glass splash back arrived to be fitted and guess what, it has been measured wrong and is 30 cms too short!!!!
I'm quite calm really, ok mega p-s-d off. 2 weeks to christmas, only got 15 coming, and am waiting to hear back that it can be done in time. Obviously want it in place in time, but also don't want a rushed botched job.
Do hope you are having better luck.
Oh dear-

Well the tilers are just finishing today, and have done a great job. Waiting for the plumbers to come back to fix a leaky tap- which atm isn't leaking! Also discovered that the toilet in the garage was overflowing- coincidence? OH put caustic soda down it, which appears to have worked, but I'll get them to check.
Old Dec 10th 2012, 6:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The house is now safe, as the sparkies came back early and have put safety switches on all the power circuirs, light circuits, pool and the main switch.