Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Name and shame time.

Wikiposts

Name and shame time.

Old May 8th 2008, 9:36 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Name and shame time.

Doub was the first person to help us out when we first came out by renting us his appartment in Broadbeach and allowing us to keep our dog there.
That was a major load off our minds before we even stepped on the plane in Glasgow.

Thanks Doub if you see this.

Now the answer you really wanted Soapy, You and Pauline really helped us settle in socially and in the 15 months here we're still good friends.
Old May 8th 2008, 10:02 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
Who was the first BE member to help you when you arrived?
and why?
I'll pass on this one.
We found our own way.
Old May 8th 2008, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

There was no BE when we arrived -so no help from that quarter. However, there were lots of friends made in the migrant hostels and when a group of us moved into rented accommodation we all helped each other. I had 3 tiny sons, so could not work, so looked after about 8 kids during school holidays. Their parents baby sat for us so that we could go out on our own. Hard days but good!
Old May 8th 2008, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

The first person to help me was Paul (Claire Hopkins) he spent ages talking to me on the phone going through the TRA stuff and I am forever greatful to them
Old May 8th 2008, 10:28 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Soapy when I arrived in Oz the only one to help me was my OH who was already there, however like Clippies I feel the support I got from people on here before I went (and now returned soon to go again!) was soo important and was more instrumental in my actually going such as Curly, Mands, Woodz, Clippies, Sally Claire, Gedge, Wendy, Moneypen and many others too numerous to name some who don't post on here any more.

If it wasn't for some of these people I would have given up long ago!
Old May 8th 2008, 11:38 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Hells teeth, how do stranger You guys were brilliant before we got here and for validation and for after we were here. Didn't bother mentioning you, thought you wouldn't see it. How the devil are you and Mrs and the two angels?
We are all good. Hardly ever come in here - today was an exception - and there you were with your 17000 posts

Me on the other hand - quality not quantity.

Cheers,

DagBoy.

Oh - and for the original post - the person who helped me most when I first arrived would be MrsDagBoy . I had been here 2 years before I found BE.
Old May 8th 2008, 11:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Debsy. She gave us an enormous, expensive apartment in the block she managed for much less than it should have been, she drove us around, she gave us proof of address and the first thing she did, bar saying hello, was envelope First born in a long hug as she was sobbing her heart out and we were drained

There were also a few who were unwelcoming and unhelpful but they're arseholes and I've no idea if they are even still here
Thanks Pen - you only got what you deserved mate

Thanks to Mrs Dagboy, Polly and Dotty who helped with our numerous questions before we came and gave heaps of cyber support.
Old May 8th 2008, 11:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to meet gobby one day, she sounds magic

Me too
Originally Posted by Pinkie
We're all going out for Julia's birthday tomorrow night so I hope they're not going to get all mushy on us after a couple of beers
No mushiness from me mate, just laughing

Originally Posted by Gonnago
The first person to help me was Paul (Claire Hopkins) he spent ages talking to me on the phone going through the TRA stuff and I am forever greatful to them
Just seen your Visa post and wanted to say Congrats - the place is amazing I'm sure you'll love it here. Need any help just yell
Old May 8th 2008, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

oh and well done Debsy
Thanks Soapster. I must be the only person on the GC that has not yet met you
Old May 8th 2008, 11:59 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debsy
Thanks Soapster. I must be the only person on the GC that has not yet met you
Some people are plain born lucky
Old May 9th 2008, 12:00 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Soapy's Mrs helped my wife out whilst she was recovering from a C-Section. She had a wonderful way about her and is a credit to midwifery. This was years after I arrived but what a way to help.

Theres a lot of member on this forum who do some fantastic work behide what you see on this forum.

I would like to ask you all...................

Who was the first BE member to help you when you arrived?
and why?
Old May 9th 2008, 12:07 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

We had help when we arrived but it wasn't from BE people

actually thats a tad unfair of me!

whilst i had met a few BE'rs back in ole UK and they are arrived before us in the UK

Only 1 of them offered us assistance, a lovely roast dinner and friendship....unfortunately we settled a tad bit of distance away from them and the friendship we could have had...didn't but only because of the distance (i like to think any way)

But i have met many since being here that have all helped in their way! and have become good friends

Dorothy
Moneypen20 (we'll be back)
Northernbird
Gobbyjock (always at the end of a phone )

plus others
Old May 9th 2008, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wendy
Me too

No mushiness from me mate, just laughing

Just seen your Visa post and wanted to say Congrats - the place is amazing I'm sure you'll love it here. Need any help just yell

Ahh bless ya thank you Wendy.

Im counting on you to get a meet up sorted I cant wait to finally join you all and I owe you a drink or two.
Old May 9th 2008, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bix
Some people are plain born lucky
Is he as cute as you
Old May 9th 2008, 12:23 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by debsy
Is he as cute as you
Shhhhhh.....I wasn't going to tell them we met on a sundraped Broad beach with soft sand in our toes, the wind whisping through our hair, the sound of the rollers as we held each other......

Funny, I was just looking at the photos yesterday Debs.

And yes, Soapy is a real gem

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.