Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

my mum wants me to trace

my mum wants me to trace

Old Jun 16th 2007, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute
Question my mum wants me to trace

My mum is coming out for a holiday next year and she as asked me if I can trace the chief bridesmaid at her wedding who emigrated to OZ over 50 years agoshe thinks she moved to melbourne, she might not be alive now, there both in there 70,I havent a clue how to search in Oz, if anyone can point me in the right direction i would be grateful.
Janet
Old Jun 16th 2007, 7:40 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: my mum wants me to trace

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
My mum is coming out for a holiday next year and she as asked me if I can trace the chief bridesmaid at her wedding who emigrated to OZ over 50 years agoshe thinks she moved to melbourne, she might not be alive now, there both in there 70,I havent a clue how to search in Oz, if anyone can point me in the right direction i would be grateful.
Janet
Well if you have a name, you can start in the White pages.

http://www.whitepages.com.au/wp/index.jsp

And if that doesn't work, just ask your neighbours, cos everyone knows that Australia's really small and everyone knows everyone else.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Janet
Janet, google Melbourne genealogy and go from there. As ipom suggests the white pages can be got online as well. Good luck.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac
Janet, google Melbourne genealogy and go from there. As ipom suggests the white pages can be got online as well. Good luck.
Thank you both for replying i will start with the white pages as for the neighbours we have been in the house 3 months and havent seen them yet.
thanks Janet
Old Jun 16th 2007, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

That would be such a lovely reunion! I can't offer any advice I'm afraid, but the best of luck with it - let us know how you get on!
Old Jun 16th 2007, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Fenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura about

If she has sadly died died then the Mormons would have claimed her and have her in their records, not sure if they in Melbourne but I presume they are, would also check the cenus I suppose if she has the same name as when your mum knew her
Old Jun 16th 2007, 1:22 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fenton
If she has sadly died died then the Mormons would have claimed her and have her in their records, not sure if they in Melbourne but I presume they are, would also check the cenus I suppose if she has the same name as when your mum knew her
Blimey, that sounds scary. Does that happen to every person who dies in Australia, or is it just Melbourne What do the Mormons do with all the dead bodies
Old Jun 16th 2007, 1:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Blimey, that sounds scary. Does that happen to every person who dies in Australia, or is it just Melbourne What do the Mormons do with all the dead bodies
You don't have to be dead to have records with the Mormons.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 1:28 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
You don't have to be dead to have records with the Mormons.
Give me some of the song titles, I'll tell you if I recognise any
Old Jun 16th 2007, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

The mormons posthumously 'baptise' dead people! They have a big temple here in Sydney where mormons volunteer their time to do it - so I've no doubt it goes on everywhere. They don't care what religion you were, you still get done..

Actually, mormon genealogical records are very extensive and essential viewing if you're into genalogy.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Fenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura about

Very true Nicky, I've spent many hours sat in front of their records looking up people for the family tree
Old Jun 16th 2007, 2:04 pm
Account Closed

Give me some of the song titles, I'll tell you if I recognise any

Especially for funerals:

Burn baby Burn

Come on baby, light my fire...