Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

My first time with a Huntsman!

Wikiposts

My first time with a Huntsman!

Old Feb 2nd 2008, 2:19 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My first time with a Huntsman!

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Been on the beer perhaps?

Shouldn't you be asleep at this time?
Who me? ...

Naaaah, not got work tomorrow so can afford to have a little play on here ...
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 2:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Who me? ...

Oh yes sorry! You don't drink beer do you....silly me!
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 2:33 am
Account Closed

Oh yes sorry! You don't drink beer do you....silly me!
Naaaah, gave that up a long time ago! ...

Oh ok I've treated myself to a few ok!! ... I've done a 48 hour week and treated myself to a good Chinese and a 6 pack.

Am I bad person?

(don't answer! ... )
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 2:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Naaaah, gave that up a long time ago! ... http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...s/pinokkio.gif

Oh ok I've treated myself to a few ok!! ... I've done a 48 hour week and treated myself to a good Chinese and a 6 pack.

Am I bad person? I couldn't possibly comment!

(don't answer! ... )
How's the new job going btw?
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 2:46 am
Account Closed

How's the new job going btw?
Ok thanks ...

Money is good enough for now and I'm getting loads of overtime which also helps ...

Having a few drama's tho settling into the clique. One min I'm not there, the next I am ... ... but can wear headphones while working and that'll do for me ...

Takes about 12 mins to get to work which I love, especially as I was getting up at 4.30 not so long ago to be at work for 6 ...

All good really ...
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 2:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ok thanks ...

Money is good enough for now and I'm getting loads of overtime which also helps ...

Having a few drama's tho settling into the clique. One min I'm not there, the next I am ... ... but can wear headphones while working and that'll do for me ...

Takes about 12 mins to get to work which I love, especially as I was getting up at 4.30 not so long ago to be at work for 6 ...

All good really ...
You'll be part of that clique before you know it!

You could always invite them over for a barbie!

How is the tinny?
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 2:59 am
Account Closed

You'll be part of that clique before you know it!

You could always invite them over for a barbie!

How is the tinny?
You never know!

True, but to be honest I'm not sure I like em ... There's a big group that give this old guy there a REAL lot of stick and I just don't agree with it all. I'll stay put as it's good experience but once I've sussed it all out I'll jump ship I reckon. Not a nice bunch really ...

Boat is good. Been out a good few times but am awaiting on new seats (old ones are out) and they're due here next week and we'll be off again! ...

DO love it tho, but knew I would ...

Anywayz, it's a WBG from me as am finally feeling tired ...

Baked potata!
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 3:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You never know!

True, but to be honest I'm not sure I like em ... There's a big group that give this old guy there a REAL lot of stick and I just don't agree with it all. I'll stay put as it's good experience but once I've sussed it all out I'll jump ship I reckon. Not a nice bunch really ...

F**k 'em then!

Boat is good. Been out a good few times but am awaiting on new seats (old ones are out) and they're due here next week and we'll be off again! ...

Glad to hear you will be afloat again soon!

DO love it tho, but knew I would ...

Anywayz, it's a WBG from me as am finally feeling tired ...

Baked potata!
Sleep well!
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

KangaRay is an unknown quantity at this point

We have friends in North Lakes (if the same place ... north of Brissie ?!?!) ... and they find allsorts under their toilet seat ...

They say it's the area!
Oh great.....we're having a place built in NL. Will check the seat at night then when we move in!
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 11:33 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by KangaRay
Oh great.....we're having a place built in NL. Will check the seat at night then when we move in!
Ok, I WAS joking ... ... but they DO see more lil nasties outside than we ever did! ...
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

yolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond reputeyolandacharm has a reputation beyond repute

These are a few of the beasties we have found in the last week.
Cockroaches a plenty too and now a flippin mouse! ARGH! must be all the rain, they are taking refuge in our house.
Mouse is proving harder to get rid of. Must go and get a humane trap. Can't kill the thing, 4 kids.......
Attached Thumbnails My first time with a Huntsman!-dsc02688.jpg   My first time with a Huntsman!-dsc02683.jpg   My first time with a Huntsman!-dsc02520.jpg  
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 1:16 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Found a nest of redbacks by our pool, right next to the box we keep the kids toys in. Dosed it with Mortein and have extended the bug spray perimeter to the pool. Never ever kill a Huntsman - yes they're big and scary and can jump metres in one bound (no I'm not making that up) but they are not poisonous themselves and feast on spiders that are.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 1:31 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah, the loo itself! ... better watch that one!

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...0120081182.jpg
Found this little beauty had made a nest in one of our hoses, the one I just happened to want to use to clean the wheelie bin out, so I left it. Next night we found it dead. It had been killed by one of those long legged spiders with the tiny bodies. Apparently they are lethal to other spiders.
Attached Thumbnails My first time with a Huntsman!-002.jpg  
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Found this little beauty had made a nest in one of our hoses, the one I just happened to want to use to clean the wheelie bin out, so I left it. Next night we found it dead. It had been killed by one of those long legged spiders with the tiny bodies. Apparently they are lethal to other spiders.
Yeah apparently Daddy Long Legs have the most poisonous venom and would kill a human, but they can't break our skin ...

Apparently I say!

I've seen them and Redbacks together and they seem to get on just fine ...
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:10 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah apparently Daddy Long Legs have the most poisonous venom and would kill a human, but they can't break our skin ...

Apparently I say!

I've seen them and Redbacks together and they seem to get on just fine ...
That's what I read too, but they do kill any other spiders in there way. Shame, it was a nice Redback.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.