Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

My first time with a Huntsman!

Wikiposts

My first time with a Huntsman!

Old Feb 2nd 2008, 12:59 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My first time with a Huntsman!

Originally Posted by Reedy
I've seen loads of spiders but not a huntsman or redback!

Was shocked the other day when hanging out the washing when a spider jumped at me!!!! I don't mind spiders but when they can jump they are scary I tell you!!!

Haven't seen a snake yet but am bound to on one of my site visits - I am sure that they have seen me though

L x
How can you NOT have seen a Huntsman or a Redback??

Croiky ! My place is BUTLINS for Huntsmen !
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
How can you NOT have seen a Huntsman or a Redback??

Croiky ! My place is BUTLINS for Huntsmen !
I've seen one BIG huntsmen, but no redbacks yet! been here 5 months.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:03 am
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Yeah we hadn't seen a Redback until a few months ago. The friends in question said they see heaps all the time.

Now we see prob one a day ... INSIDE!

Apart from a massive one I came across today when mowing the garden, the other most recent came down from the vent above the shower ... WHEN I WAS BLOODY IN IT!! ...

That's 100% honest!

Nic said there was another in the en-suite and when I went in for a shower I see a lil baby one up in the corner. I disposed of! ... but during my shower this bigger one came down and I had a fit ...lol. Nic came in and said "noooooo! ... not up in the corner, THAT one!" ...

We're used to them now, but NOT when they come down on top of you when naked. It might bite me on my pee pee ...
That's so horrible I would have had a fit. I don't even want to imagine it actually - how scary!!

I remember my parents had their landlord spray the house in Bracken Ridge, they did the outside, gutters and the attic. It really was bad as it was a newish build and they were also building houses behind it so I guess it was disrupting their usual homes or something.
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:09 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fin
That's so horrible I would have had a fit. I don't even want to imagine it actually - how scary!!

I remember my parents had their landlord spray the house in Bracken Ridge, they did the outside, gutters and the attic. It really was bad as it was a newish build and they were also building houses behind it so I guess it was disrupting their usual homes or something.
Yeah we have a nest in the loft as they come down thru the vents, but to be honest I see them all over the garden now ... they're everywhere! ...

I actually got a voicemail from some co at last who are gonna come round and spray the place. The house is just over a year old so I reckon it's due it's yearly spray.

Dunno about the garden tho, and my mutt is out there a fair bit! ...
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:10 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by curly
I've seen one BIG huntsmen, but no redbacks yet! been here 5 months.
What about as big as in my avatar? ...
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

What about as big as in my avatar? ...
oooh no much bigger gotta be as big as a cat
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:15 am
Account Closed

oooh no much bigger gotta be as big as a cat
... I bet it winked at you too? ...
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

... I bet it winked at you too? ...
was it your mate d'ya reckon? OMG sorry Paul we.......errm........kinda killed it
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:22 am
Account Closed

was it your mate d'ya reckon? OMG sorry Paul we.......errm........kinda killed it
... ok, I'm on to the RSPCA 1st thing! ... :curse:

Seriously tho, they DO say NOT to kill Huntsmen as they apparently will take care of things like cockroaches etc, but I'm not convinced I want a 5 - 6" thing running around my house thank you!

We detest cockroaches, but .... oh hold on ... it's pic time! ...
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

... ok, I'm on to the RSPCA 1st thing! ... :curse:

Seriously tho, they DO say NOT to kill Huntsmen as they apparently will take care of things like cockroaches etc, but I'm not convinced I want a 5 - 6" thing running around my house thank you!

We detest cockroaches, but .... oh hold on ... it's pic time! ...
I could never sleep knowing one was running around my OH had one of them massive flying ones fly at his face while he was reading the paper cockroach that is, not flying huntsmen before I frighten any soon to be immigrants
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:25 am
Account Closed

oh hold on ... it's pic time! ...
In our 2nd rental Nic once opened the dishwasher and screamed!

This lil fella was in there (god knows how ... )

2" long.

Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

In our 2nd rental Nic once opened the dishwasher and screamed!

This lil fella was in there (god knows how ... )

2" long.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...otos/roach.jpg
I got the rental agent to sort out getting the house sprayed, the guy was telling me how they love to be in dishwashers, and also, wait for it......coffee machines
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:29 am
Account Closed

I could never sleep knowing one was running around my OH had one of them massive flying ones fly at his face while he was reading the paper cockroach that is, not flying huntsmen before I frighten any soon to be immigrants
Yeah not seen any of them fly yet to be honest.

As I said today I mowed the garden and was a bit naughty ...

I was strimming next to the house and when some of the grass flew away I see a cockroach there, and I didn't remove the strimmer ...

I did this several times ...

One of gods creatures too ...

Like I give a toss! ...

Yuk yuk yuk! ... hate them more than ANY spiders to be honest!
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah not seen any of them fly yet to be honest.

As I said today I mowed the garden and was a bit naughty ...

I was strimming next to the house and when some of the grass flew away I see a cockroach there, and I didn't remove the strimmer ...

I did this several times ...

One of gods creatures too ...

Like I give a toss! ...

Yuk yuk yuk! ... hate them more than ANY spiders to be honest!
minced cockie
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 1:31 am
Account Closed

I got the rental agent to sort out getting the house sprayed, the guy was telling me how they love to be in dishwashers, and also, wait for it......coffee machines
Yeah well we should be all 'sprayed up' soon ...

I couldn't work out how they get in the dishwasher, but apparently they CAN come in thru the pipes ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.