My first panic!

Old Sep 21st 2009, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

hanwilt is a jewel in the roughhanwilt is a jewel in the roughhanwilt is a jewel in the roughhanwilt is a jewel in the rough
Default My first panic!

We are less than 5 weeks away and i am in total panic!!! What are we doing! husband is away working I am at my parents in law with children - they can not see me like this.

Please tell me this is normal and it will be alright!

Will i be a wreck for 5 weeks?
Old Sep 21st 2009, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My first panic!

Of course it's normal!! And of course you'll be a wreck for 5 weeks!! And of course it will all be worth it in the end

Karma sent ... oh, and don't let the out-laws see you stressing!
Old Sep 21st 2009, 8:53 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree. The panic hit me about 6 weeks out. Its one hell of a rollercoaster ride from here on in - you will probably feel like you are going quite mad at times. The final days for me were somewhat surreal, almost like it was happening to someone else and I was just watching. Weird.

Good luck with your move! Summers on its way!
Old Sep 21st 2009, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

hanwilt is a jewel in the roughhanwilt is a jewel in the roughhanwilt is a jewel in the roughhanwilt is a jewel in the rough

Thank you both. I can't beleive how tearful I was feeling. I have never been so sure of anything. Everyone has commented on how much of a massive move it is but my step mum will meet us off the plane my dad will join us a month later then its christmas with the family more - all amazing stuff but just overwhelming all of a sudden and impossible to imagine is real.

It won't be real either till we have jobs and a house of our own in the new year.

Still about to start saying real goodbyes not the well we may see you again soon ones - I have great friends why do I want to leave them and start over???
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

EverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really niceEverydaySunshine is just really nice

Hi we have a little over 6/7 weeks left and I feel just like you. One minute it seems a fantastic idea and then next I wonder whether I'm going mad. Basically we are giving up everything for Australia in the hope we will find jobs, a descent home and a good school for our kids. Taking the plunge regardless though. Good luck with your move. As others have said it will be worth it in the end... I'm hoping that too.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by EverydaySunshine
Hi we have a little over 6/7 weeks left and I feel just like you. One minute it seems a fantastic idea and then next I wonder whether I'm going mad. Basically we are giving up everything for Australia in the hope we will find jobs, a descent home and a good school for our kids. Taking the plunge regardless though. Good luck with your move. As others have said it will be worth it in the end... I'm hoping that too.
We are the same - sometimes it feels amazing that we are lucky enough to go with no jobs leaving what we have and then someone asks about jobs, you tell them and then they give you a look as you (again) realise what you are doing!!

I am excited but..

Where are you going to? We were supposed to be Sydney but it maybe Melbourne - see we don't even have that certainty!
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

There seems to be a lot of us going through these feelings we too are moving in 5 weeks and people ask us if we are mad, hubby is leaving a really good secure job in the hope we find work in oz. Yes its scary and maybe we are mad, but we also would be mad not to go and give it a try. Good luck and I hope it works out for you all and us too
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 10:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Sandwiches always go down well, a few party pies perhaps . . . a large bag of chips (crisps) to share. All washed down with a cool drink. And don't forget to slap slip slop . .
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 10:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hanwilt
We are less than 5 weeks away and i am in total panic!!! What are we doing! husband is away working I am at my parents in law with children - they can not see me like this.

Please tell me this is normal and it will be alright!

Will i be a wreck for 5 weeks?
You have just dragged me back to October last year
You are going through a huge upheaval & you don't even have the privacy of your own home. How you are feeling is quite normal. I was up & down like a yoyo before we left. It is very stressful, mentally, physically & emotionally.
Try & do something nice for yourself.

Lots of luck
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 10:51 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
.....I was up & down like a yoyo before we left.

Lots of luck
Great for relieving tension Sal....
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 10:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
Great for relieving tension Sal....
Old Sep 24th 2009, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

You are right, I'm familiar with the looks and the questions - especially when you have a good job, live in a nice home, good schools and have friends and you're giving that all up for a dream where there is no job yet, no home, and no friends.

We did that last year about this time. I can tell you that what we discovered is that Australia is amazing! My husband found work. My children loved their school, and I made friends. You will question yourself at times while living there. You will miss the familiar. But you will be glad you made the move.

Unfortunately, we weren't brave enough to "make it permanent" we only went for 8 months and we're back in our house now on the other side of that. It's tough coming back too.

Be kind to yourself. There's a lot to go through. You'll make it - and I believe you'll be glad you did.