Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

My first 4 days of the year has been rather sad, very sad..

My first 4 days of the year has been rather sad, very sad..

Old Jan 9th 2012, 1:13 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My first 4 days of the year has been rather sad, very sad..

Originally Posted by cresta's conscience
We do appreciate it
Just makes you realise life is so short

Dale is just 36 and my only brother and the baby (Golden Balls ) MRI is booked for Monday morning (UK) as is my Nan's funeral. My folks decided that they don't want the family to know about Dale until after tests have been done and we have full diagnosis, also as they don't want to distress anyone further
A simple eye test showed some bleeding behind the eye. He was advised to go straight to hospital, he was looked at and told he had a tumour "It's big, bad and ugly" ffs what kind of diagnosis is that Anyway he was transferred to the nearest teaching hospital and has been given steroid therapy to hopefully shrink it. Now the waiting begins lack of information is driving me insane and Google scared the crap out of me

Moral; Life is too short for petty squabbles so get the knives out of one anothers backs, and get over yourselves!!!!!

Lastly if you haven't had an eye test for a while book one NOW it might just save your life
I see it most day's at work,i know how short life is,but some people will just squabble anyway

I truely hope hope yer brother for one is fine
Old Jan 9th 2012, 2:47 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

We do appreciate it

Dale is just 36 and my only brother and the baby (Golden Balls ) MRI is booked for Monday morning (UK) as is my Nan's funeral. My folks decided that they don't want the family to know about Dale until after tests have been done and we have full diagnosis, also as they don't want to distress anyone further
A simple eye test showed some bleeding behind the eye. He was advised to go straight to hospital, he was looked at and told he had a tumour "It's big, bad and ugly" ffs what kind of diagnosis is that Anyway he was transferred to the nearest teaching hospital and has been given steroid therapy to hopefully shrink it. Now the waiting begins lack of information is driving me insane and Google scared the crap out of me

Moral; Life is too short for petty squabbles so get the knives out of one anothers backs, and get over yourselves!!!!!

Lastly if you haven't had an eye test for a while book one NOW it might just save your life
So sorry to hear that - it truly is a really crap way to start the new year. that there is some treatment for him.

One piece of advice, though. Stop looking at Google! All you'll do is worry yourselves more. Just keep some positive thoughts until you hear otherwise.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 2:47 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

We do appreciate it

Sending prayers and hugs from Perth, hope you get better news soon xx
Old Jan 9th 2012, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

We do appreciate it

I totally agree with eye test, from the eye test which was done on my daughter last year has almost saved her from going blind with no cure, she is being seen by the neurologist to control the fluid on her brain, we have long road a head of us, but it was caught early we think.

so sorry to hear all that has happened to you guys, fingers crossed for your brother that they can do something for him.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 6:12 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
We had a pretty crap start to 2012 as well.
Deb's nan died on boxing day, the crematorium is so backed up with stiffs the funeral is today.
Our mate Pete lost his long battle with cancer on New Years day he was 51
Another mate Neil died suddenly on the 7th Jan which started the day from hell with a bang
First call of the night was to tell us Neil had died.
The phone rang again & it was Deb's mum to say her brother was in ITU. A routine eye test revealed a bleed behind his eye that's now confirmed as a large inoperable brain tumour.
Then the phone rang again to say our mate had been involved in a serious car accident & was in Nambour hospital.
To be honest if this is what 2012 is going to be like all year I think I'll skip to 2013.
Annus horribilis so far, maybe the rest of the year will be wonderful
How awful. Thinking of you both x
Old Jan 9th 2012, 9:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

We had a pretty crap start to 2012 as well.
Deb's nan died on boxing day, the crematorium is so backed up with stiffs the funeral is today.
Our mate Pete lost his long battle with cancer on New Years day he was 51
Another mate Neil died suddenly on the 7th Jan which started the day from hell with a bang
First call of the night was to tell us Neil had died.
The phone rang again & it was Deb's mum to say her brother was in ITU. A routine eye test revealed a bleed behind his eye that's now confirmed as a large inoperable brain tumour.
Then the phone rang again to say our mate had been involved in a serious car accident & was in Nambour hospital.
To be honest if this is what 2012 is going to be like all year I think I'll skip to 2013.
Annus horribilis so far, maybe the rest of the year will be wonderful
So sorry to hear of both yours and Deb's losses mate and hopefully there's some good news real soon regarding Dale
Old Jan 9th 2012, 9:45 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
So sorry to hear of both yours and Deb's losses mate and hopefully there's some good news real soon regarding Dale
Us to mate, I just heard my bloody dog's at deaths door as well, poor thing got bitten by a brown snake this morning. He was supposed to come here for a sleepover while Amy went to Brisbane but as she was only away overnight she left him at home. She got home & he could barely raise his head Vet reckons not much chance
Old Jan 9th 2012, 9:47 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Us to mate, I just heard my bloody dog's at deaths door as well, poor thing got bitten by a brown snake this morning. He was supposed to come here for a sleepover while Amy went to Brisbane but as she was only away overnight she left him at home. She got home & he could barely raise his head Vet reckons not much chance
more prayers now heading over to QLD from WA.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 9th 2012, 9:51 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
It never rain's.............................
Old Jan 9th 2012, 10:25 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Sh*t

Thats not rain, thats a deluge.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Oh Sh*t

Thats not rain, thats a deluge.
I've got to tell Josh yet, not looking forward to that one little bit.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 11:56 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Could there be any more crap happen to you guys? for your dog.
Old Jan 9th 2012, 12:36 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Amy must have been a wreck! That surely has to be an end to the shit
Old Jan 9th 2012, 2:51 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I am so sorry Cresta

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.