Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

My first 4 days of the year has been rather sad, very sad..

My first 4 days of the year has been rather sad, very sad..

Old Jan 3rd 2012, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute
Default My first 4 days of the year has been rather sad, very sad..

Dangerous and annoying, so this is how it went by:

1.1.12 DS1 was flying back to Qld so I was very tearful, after we drop him off we got home so sad.
Then my DD walked in the room & burst out crying that one of her friends brother has died in car accident coming back from his nye outing.
Then later that evening I got message from a friend that she lost her mum too.

2.1.12 it was very depressing day with all that happened the day before so the whole day was very slow until around 9pm when DH came in & said did hear that almighty bang, mmmmm no I didn't hear anything with the TV on.

Apparently the huge branch from the tree has fallen on to the roof of my next door neighbor so the emergencies were called to come and checked the damaged.

3.1.12 at 12:45am knock on the door from next door neighbor that SES crew has arrived but they had got their electricity off as the tree branches has also fallen on the electricity line & it can cause fire, but in order to remove the tree they need light & being the time of the it was they can't use the generator to have light, so can they use the socket in our garage so they can light up their garden.
So we all the noise going on we had no choice but to stay up until they finished their work at 4 am.

First day back to work & I was dead, but thought nothing else can possibly goes wrong tomorrow or could it?

4.1.12 up early all dressed up to get out of the house, mmm where is the car keys, no keys looked everywhere no keys, so luckily one of my client was closed by that I can walk to but the next one is too far away, so called my company that I can't make it to the next client, they said no problem we pick you up & drop you off to do your job & when you finished we collect you & drop you back at home.

So I'm praying that tomorrow be very dull day cause if it carries on like this to the end of the year, I've only got 362 days to look forward to.

How was your first days, can't imagined to be as eventful as mine.

Last edited by chris and farideh; Jan 3rd 2012 at 2:07 pm.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 2:16 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My first 4 days of the year has been rather sad, very sad..

I try not to look at 'bad years' as such but more like bad episodes. So far it has been OK but I know for sure January is going to be very eventful and I am prepared for it.

I look on each day as a new day and hope for the best really. I used to get emotionally involved in my friends traumas and dramas and sort of 'made them my own' if that makes sense.

Now if something bad happens to my friends/family, I sympathise, support and then thank god it didnt happen to me - not in a bad way, but I figured being supportive and strong for them and not making it my own personal tragedy was far healthier and boy was I guilty of that.

When my sister had the worst luck ever, it was hard not to make it my own bad luck but at the end of the day it happened to her, I at that time, was still OK and by being OK, I could support her.

That probably made no sense at all.

Anyway, how awful about the car accident - total tragedy. With regards to the power and the house damage, thank god you were able to help them - well done for staying up till then, you averted more potential problems by making your electricity available.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 7:22 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

3 days in to the new year and I've already been assaulted at work
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 8:44 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
That's terrible Emma.

So far this year's been good.
Sunday 1st went shopping at Spotlight and nabbed some really great bargains.
Monday 2nd spent the day finishing a quilt and relaxing.
Tuesday 3rd was told that I look nowhere near 49 and looked smokin' hot.
Wednesday 4th back to work. Great day with loads of work getting done and coffee with one of my favourite doctors.
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 9:03 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you are OK mate

presume by a thug as opposed to a colleague
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 9:59 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Hope you are OK mate

presume by a thug as opposed to a colleague
Thanks Sonly, I'll live.

yes by a grubby little scrote (not so little actually)
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 10:04 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Sonly, I'll live.

yes by a grubby little scrote (not so little actually)
I didn't think Soapy was violent,i'm shocked
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 11:16 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

scum.

Hope you are ok
Old Jan 4th 2012, 5:53 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Can I just sneak a small rant in here? I can't really do it on Facebook (my normal ranting arena of choice)

Its sad but it relates to the end of last year rather then the beginning of this, although the bit I'm ranting about is from the last couple of days, so it's not really off topic.

I'm still close to my original in-laws (all of 'em) Just before Christmas, the ex husband of my cousin-in-law suffered a brain embolism and spent the holidays in a coma in hospital. They turned off his life support machine last week and he died on the 30th.

Families being families, his divorce from my cousin-in-law had been incredibly acrimonious. Her father hated him (he was a total shit to her - the husband, not her father) but he was the father of their two children, who he adored. All sorts of crap happened and her father eventually turned the kids against him (the husband) For the last ten years, they've had pretty much nothing to do with him. Naturally, his children, who are now 19 and 18, are feeling devastated, made worse that he'd tried a rapprochement last year and they'd felt too awkward about everything to take him up on it. I'm just glad that they'd gone to the hospital to see him before he'd died, even if he hadn't regained consciousness.

So what has this got to do with me and why do I need to rant?

As well as being the ex-husband of my first husband's cousin, he was also the brother of the VileEx. Me being a generally lovely person, I sent the VileEx an email, telling him how sorry I was to hear about his brother, that I'd sent his parents a card but could he pass on my condolences to them.

OMG.

He replied back with a 2000 word essay on how shit his life was, how he's in Ireland with no job and no money and couldn't get back to say goodbye to his brother. Oh, and could he have my address?

Why on earth does he think I'd give him my address? What on earth does he want it for? Why on earth did I even email him in the first place?

Sometimes I wish I really was a hard-hearted, unsympathetic bitch.

/rant

(thank you, I feel better for that)
Old Jan 4th 2012, 11:21 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Originally Posted by Dreamy

/rant

No you don't, you're lovely, and that's a much better place to be
(but don't give him your address!)
Old Jan 4th 2012, 11:41 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Can I just sneak a small rant in here? I can't really do it on Facebook (my normal ranting arena of choice)

Its sad but it relates to the end of last year rather then the beginning of this, although the bit I'm ranting about is from the last couple of days, so it's not really off topic.

I'm still close to my original in-laws (all of 'em) Just before Christmas, the ex husband of my cousin-in-law suffered a brain embolism and spent the holidays in a coma in hospital. They turned off his life support machine last week and he died on the 30th.

Families being families, his divorce from my cousin-in-law had been incredibly acrimonious. Her father hated him (he was a total shit to her - the husband, not her father) but he was the father of their two children, who he adored. All sorts of crap happened and her father eventually turned the kids against him (the husband) For the last ten years, they've had pretty much nothing to do with him. Naturally, his children, who are now 19 and 18, are feeling devastated, made worse that he'd tried a rapprochement last year and they'd felt too awkward about everything to take him up on it. I'm just glad that they'd gone to the hospital to see him before he'd died, even if he hadn't regained consciousness.

So what has this got to do with me and why do I need to rant?

As well as being the ex-husband of my first husband's cousin, he was also the brother of the VileEx. Me being a generally lovely person, I sent the VileEx an email, telling him how sorry I was to hear about his brother, that I'd sent his parents a card but could he pass on my condolences to them.

OMG.

He replied back with a 2000 word essay on how shit his life was, how he's in Ireland with no job and no money and couldn't get back to say goodbye to his brother. Oh, and could he have my address?

Why on earth does he think I'd give him my address? What on earth does he want it for? Why on earth did I even email him in the first place?

/rant

As I said, some people are very good at making someones else's tragedy their own personal one.

Why on earth does he want your address? My guess is a free holiday perhaps?
Old Jan 4th 2012, 11:42 am

She could give a fake address - somewhere in Alice Springs perhaps, get the name of a dodgy guest house or motel.

Double dare ya!
Old Jan 4th 2012, 3:57 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
As I said, some people are very good at making someones else's tragedy their own personal one.

Why on earth does he want your address? My guess is a free holiday perhaps?
Originally Posted by Cheetah7
She could give a fake address - somewhere in Alice Springs perhaps, get the name of a dodgy guest house or motel.

Double dare ya!
Thanks guys.

He's a psychopath (or a sociopath, never really been that clear on the difference ) who believes he is terminally wronged by those around him and he is completely innocent. I'm happy for him to stay stuck in Ireland with no money and just my email address
Old Jan 4th 2012, 5:01 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys.

He's a psychopath (or a sociopath, never really been that clear on the difference ) who believes he is terminally wronged by those around him and he is completely innocent. I'm happy for him to stay stuck in Ireland with no money and just my email address
Or you could just get another email address...
Old Jan 4th 2012, 5:40 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Or you could just get another email address...
yeh, give him Tiddly's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.