My dog is drunk!!

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:45 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default My dog is drunk!!

Ummmm.. i dont know whether to laugh or not!

I poured myself a large tumbler glass of Baileys Irish Cream, went out of the room to put some laundry on. When i returned, my little Maltese terrier was finishing off the last licks at the bottom of the glass!!

She is now spread eagled on her back on the carpet refusing to move.

Does anyone know if it will do her any harm? In one sense its very amusing but i'm now thinking she might have a reaction to it or something. Has this happened to anyone else?
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:54 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My dog is drunk!!

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum

I poured myself a large tumbler glass of Baileys Irish Cream, went out of the room to put some laundry on. When i returned, my little Maltese terrier was finishing off the last licks at the bottom of the glass!!

Does anyone know if it will do her any harm? In one sense its very amusing but i'm now thinking she might have a reaction to it or something. Has this happened to anyone else?
Oh dear, this brought back memories of my greyhound Caesar stealing a large glass of sparkling white wine whilst I was in the kitchen.

He had a massive glass of the stuff and thoroughly enjoyed it and I found him sprawled out on the floor unable to walk.

I had to carry 34kgs of dog home to Mums and try and get him to drink lots of water - luckily he wasn't sick.

The vet at the time said if he started vomiting, to bring him down and they would get him on fluids but otherwise to let him sleep it off.

We had to listen to him burping and farting stinking the house out.

Also my whippet Rema had a thing for Baileys and stole a glass of it - the only evidence was her little snout was all sticky as were her paws where she dribbled it. I found the tumbler on her bed buried.

Keep an eye on your dog, encourage fluids and if you are worried then give your vet a ring. Should be OK but if your pooch starts to vomit, give the vet a call.

Baileys - so creamy all the animals seem to love it. My cat Gordon would kill for Baileys - we could never drink it in front of him.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:01 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks PP.

She isnt showing any signs of being ill so far, just lying there looking extremely smug, staring at the TV.

I cannot believe she did it. She wont even eat her dinner unless i give her permission to do so. I think this is the first time ever i have known her to take something and shes 4yrs old.

I best not go to bed for a while though just in case.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:03 pm

dreamcatcher is an unknown quantity at this point

I can understand you said dont know wether to laugh or not.
PP.got it right with the advice,.Please let us know when you dog is better,then we will know what to do.Hope he or she is ok.
You will have to keep the baileys under lock and key
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:06 pm
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by dreamcatcher
I can understand you said dont know wether to laugh or not.
PP.got it right with the advice,.Please let us know when you dog is better,then we will know what to do.Hope he or she is ok.
You will have to keep the baileys under lock and key
Hi DC

I must admit she looks very funny. She has now started wagging her tail, on her back legs spread completely happy with the world.

I shouldnt really say this but Mr Flea said if he thought i'd have the same reaction to Baileys he'd pour me a pint..
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:07 pm

Hi DC

I must admit she looks very funny. She has now started wagging her tail, on her back legs spread completely happy with the world.

I shouldnt really say this but Mr Flea said if he thought i'd have the same reaction to Baileys he'd pour me a pint..

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

hi fee

it just had to be you didn't it????/
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:09 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks PP.

She isnt showing any signs of being ill so far, just lying there looking extremely smug, staring at the TV.

I cannot believe she did it. She wont even eat her dinner unless i give her permission to do so. I think this is the first time ever i have known her to take something and shes 4yrs old.

I best not go to bed for a while though just in case.
Animals can be so naughty.

One time I came home and found my flat smelling of fish. Mr PP had put three trout to defrost - they were 'safe' in the microwave with the door ajar (so we thought)

Bruno my big cat had stolen them and had shared them with my little female cat Juniper.

Bruno was in his bed and his belly looked so very swollen and he couldn't move. Juniper wasn't quite so swollen and happily trotted into the hall with the trout wrapper in her mouth to show me her 'spoils'.

All that was left from three huge trout was one head. I was fuming - they must have eaten it whilst it was still defrosting as they hadn't been alone for that long.

To add insult to injury, when I opened the living room door - my whippet Rema came charging through to the kitchen and wolfed down the trout head before I had chance to grab it from her.

Bruno the cat also on one occasion stole 4 mince pies and half a french stick.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:15 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi DC

Quick, tell him it WOULD have the same effect, make the most of the moment!

i was going to tell the Bloke it might have that effect on me but then I heard the snoring coming from the bedroom
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:17 pm

[QUOTE=Professional Princess;5003305]Animals can be so naughty.

You have obviously brought them up with good taste
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana

i was going to tell the Bloke it might have that effect on me but then I heard the snoring coming from the bedroom
Oh bless.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:25 pm
I don't give a damn

Naaah, i'm too tired, i'll let him have the dog instead, she likes a snog
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 3:54 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

I had a springer spaniel who drank an unguarded glass of white wine - he dozed off on the chair and about half an hour later tried to stand up and fell off the chair sideways! It was really rather funny watching him trying to walk! He was fine once he had slept if off

Tiggs
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 3:59 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Pour yourself a glass of Baileys then go and wake him up
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 9:52 pm
I don't give a damn

Just an update. Said dog has spent the night sleeping it off. I find it incredible that something as small as she is can snore as loud as she was last night!! Not sure if she has a hangover, but shes refusing to get out of bed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.