Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is my daughters after school carer a fool or a pedophile?

View Poll Results: This guy is:
Probably harmless (but misguided)
33.33%
Textbook evil-doer
66.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Is my daughters after school carer a fool or a pedophile?

Old Aug 7th 2010, 9:26 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of
Default Re: Is my daughters after school carer a fool or a pedophile?

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Excellent decisions mate. I can well understand your apprehensions about all of this, but it's an absolute minefield and you don't want to wreck somebodies life without real just cause.
Apart from anything else I wouldnt want to be the guy who gets known as "That guy who closed down the after school care facility thanks to his hysterical paranoia". You just never know who the community would hate more and where bitterness and recriminations might kick-in.
Old Aug 7th 2010, 10:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a strange thing to make up though, isn't it? I know kids make stuff up and tell tales that have no bearing on what has actually happened, but blowing in a mouth is an odd one if there's no basis in fact. Good luck with this one Dad, wouldn't want to be in your head at the moment, must be a nightmare.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 12:30 am

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

I know a few of you were interested in where this was going to go. We have heard back from the company:

It seems following a thorough and discreet investigation the guy denied any wrong-doing (surprise surpise) and that is that. So theres no 'innocent explanation' f the behaviour - simply a flat denial that it, or anything like it, took place at all. We were however, reassured that there would be 'more frequent' site visits from management to monitor the situation. Pffft - like he's gonna do anything suss once management walk through the door?!

So we'll see what happens and if theres any hint of something odd going on again then I guess we'll have to re-assess the situation.

Last edited by DadAgain; Aug 25th 2010 at 12:32 am.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 12:39 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

How do you and your wife feel about it though?
Old Aug 25th 2010, 1:00 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DadAgain
I know a few of you were interested in where this was going to go. We have heard back from the company:

It seems following a thorough and discreet investigation the guy denied any wrong-doing (surprise surpise) and that is that. So theres no 'innocent explanation' f the behaviour - simply a flat denial that it, or anything like it, took place at all. We were however, reassured that there would be 'more frequent' site visits from management to monitor the situation. Pffft - like he's gonna do anything suss once management walk through the door?!

So we'll see what happens and if theres any hint of something odd going on again then I guess we'll have to re-assess the situation.

That's a totally inadequate explanation and a totally inadequate investigation. I'd call someone higher up in the chain and make a formal complaint.
I'd also move my child from there pronto.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 1:01 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
That's a totally inadequate explanation and a totally inadequate investigation. I'd call someone higher up in the chain and make a formal complaint.
I'd also move my child from there pronto.
Think i'd have to agree
Old Aug 25th 2010, 1:16 am
Just Joined

oakbayseals is an unknown quantity at this point

As a parent, I would be trusting my instinct first. I am sure you will decide on what best to do in such an emotive situation. I would not have found this guy's employers provided an adequate nor reassuring explanation on the matter to worried parents of such young children and clearly with that at the back of any parent's mind, it would be hard to stay unworried.
I too cannot think of any rational explanation to explain this carry on which could have given some kind of justification for his actions. He is a grown up man hopefully trained to follow a right code of conduct expected of any childcare worker. I realise by denyig any wrongdoing, he absolves himself. It will not harm asking the process of their "investigation" and whether other children and colleagues were asked to comment on this guy for them to reach their conclusion. It is always easier for us to comment from a distance but I have no doubt both your wife and you remain unconvinced at this moment in time. Best wishes and if your peace of mind is not there when your daughter is in care, I would listen to her first.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 1:40 am

Oddly enough I'm not too concerned about my daughter. Her behaviour so far suggests that she's self-assured and confident enough to not become a 'victim' and is probably vocal enough for the guy to not attempt anything suss with her again (particularly now that presumably he knows *somebody* has reported something).

The concern is more for other kids, who might not be so confident and speak up - particularly, now any deviant behaviour on his part is likely to be driven more underground since he knows his conduct has already been 'flagged' for attention.

We'll listen carefully to reports of his behaviour when she's next there.

I do agree though the explanation from the organisation seems very very weak. I would have preferred them to come back with an apology and some bullshit excuse about a misunderstanding and poor choice of games or something - instead the flat-out denial means there are only 2 possiilities:
1) My daughter is completely dillusional or lying.
2) The guy knows (and knew all along) that what he was doing was wrong and is covering up. <-- This is the most worrying possibility

Last edited by DadAgain; Aug 25th 2010 at 1:44 am.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 1:56 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Oddly enough I'm not too concerned about my daughter. Her behaviour so far suggests that she's self-assured and confident enough to not become a 'victim' and is probably vocal enough for the guy to not attempt anything suss with her again.
Whilst you know your own daughter, if the guy is suspect, he might try something else. He's a grown man, your little girl is a little girl. I see your logic but you'd blame yourself forever if he tried anything else and she went for it. And what if she's seeing things she's being taught is normal. You've heard of one incidence, what if there are more?

The concern is more for other kids, who might not be so confident and speak up - particularly, now any deviant behaviour on his part is likely to be driven more underground since he knows his conduct has already been 'flagged' for attention.
Next time you're there and listen carefully to reports of his behaviour, all you'll hear is how wonderful he is. If he is suspect, he'll be very clever and there's no way he'll be doing anything to raise suspicion now.

If it were me, I'd be speaking to someone else, such as DOCS or whoever keeps a watch on these companies.
The whole thing sounds completely wrong.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 2:08 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

..Further comments from daughter:

This has occurred on serveral occassions, with several different girls (no mention of boys being invoved) and on the last occassion which was the afternoon AFTER she first told us about this she said, "No - thats rude" and walked away. Instead the same 'blowing' thing was done to another child instead.

I really cant imagine any innocent explanation - but thats for someone else to determine. The company have been informed and said "We regard this as a very serious matter - we'll investigate."
Sick Creep. Breathing his sick creep germs into childrens mouths while telling little girls it's ok for someone to "blow" in their mouth. Good for this child for telling him "no". It's so sad that child molesters are attracted to educational roles. Both I and one of my children are aware of convicted paedophiles who worked in schools we attended. Fortunately we escaped harm but others weren't so lucky.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by brissybee
Sick Creep. Breathing his sick creep germs into childrens mouths while telling little girls it's ok for someone to "blow" in their mouth. Good for this child for telling him "no". It's so sad that child molesters are attracted to educational roles. Both I and one of my children are aware of convicted paedophiles who worked in schools we attended. Fortunately we escaped harm but others weren't so lucky.

Isn't it the most perfect job in the world for a paedophile to work, why work in an office where you are surrounded by adults far better to do community work with young children or work in the educational field surrounded by... young trusting children.
I would have no hesitation in getting the police involved with this, no adult working with children would seriously put themselves in this position without knowing the full implications, a statement telling me he denied it would not put my mind at rest.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 2:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

. . .
I do agree though the explanation from the organisation seems very very weak. I would have preferred them to come back with an apology and some bullshit excuse about a misunderstanding and poor choice of games or something - instead the flat-out denial means there are only 2 possiilities:
1) My daughter is completely dillusional or lying.
2) The guy knows (and knew all along) that what he was doing was wrong and is covering up. <-- This is the most worrying possibility
There is a third possibility. That they've listened to your concerns, have spoken to the person involved, and have taken the decision to 'manage' him out at some point in the very near future, thereby avoiding any sort of scandal which would adversely affect their business. It wouldn't surprise me if this person just 'doesn't work here anymore' in the next month or so, but in the meantime advice your daughter to be wary.
Old Aug 25th 2010, 2:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I know people get their kicks in many wild and weird ways but blowing in someone's mouth? That's more than odd behaviour
Old Aug 25th 2010, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

I would not be satisfied with that investigation. It would be interesting to know if any other children have experienced what your daughter did. Open questioning by a qualified child protection person would find it out. As a teacher I think that any suss behaviour is a straight out the door thing and as such needs more investigating than just asking the guy - of course he's going to deny it and quite likely be believed over a child.

I would voice my concerns in writing to the head of the whole operation if it's a company, and if it's attached to the school cc the Principal in (if they are not already aware)......
Old Aug 25th 2010, 3:09 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
Who said he was a child molester? He has not (as far as anyone knows) been convicted of a crime. How sad that people jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts.
Originally Posted by macy
Isn't it the most perfect job in the world for a paedophile to work, why work in an office where you are surrounded by adults far better to do community work with young children or work in the educational field surrounded by... young trusting children.
I would have no hesitation in getting the police involved with this, no adult working with children would seriously put themselves in this position without knowing the full implications, a statement telling me he denied it would not put my mind at rest.
Again, who said this person was a paedofile? He has not been tried or convicted of an offence as far as you know.

What exactly do you want the police to do? The child stated in passing that someone at her after school care blew in her mouth. As far as I'm aware that is not a crime under Australian law.

You people seriously need to get a grip here. Nothing has been proven or even investigated yet you have convicted this man of being a sick creep, child molester and paedofile.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.