Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Is my daughters after school carer a fool or a pedophile?

View Poll Results: This guy is:
Probably harmless (but misguided)
33.33%
Textbook evil-doer
66.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Is my daughters after school carer a fool or a pedophile?

Old Aug 24th 2010, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is my daughters after school carer a fool or a pedophile?

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Who said he was a child molester? He has not (as far as anyone knows) been convicted of a crime. How sad that people jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts.

Again, who said this person was a paedofile? He has not been tried or convicted of an offence as far as you know.

What exactly do you want the police to do? The child stated in passing that someone at her after school care blew in her mouth. As far as I'm aware that is not a crime under Australian law.

You people seriously need to get a grip here. Nothing has been proven or even investigated yet you have convicted this man of being a sick creep, child molester and paedofile.
I agree with all you have said, but still would not be satisfied if I received the letter DadAgain did.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 3:32 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Who said he was a child molester? He has not (as far as anyone knows) been convicted of a crime. How sad that people jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts.

Again, who said this person was a paedofile? He has not been tried or convicted of an offence as far as you know.

What exactly do you want the police to do? The child stated in passing that someone at her after school care blew in her mouth. As far as I'm aware that is not a crime under Australian law.

You people seriously need to get a grip here. Nothing has been proven or even investigated yet you have convicted this man of being a sick creep, child molester and paedofile.
I did not say this individual (sick creep) was a child molester. I expressed my view that he was a sick creep for blowing in the mouths of little children who found his behaviour so offensive at least one of them, bless her heart, felt compelled to tell him he was rude. It IS sad that child molesters ARE attracted to educational roles and unfortunately, they get away with it until someone bothers to investigate matters sufficiently to allow their victims to be believed.

Are you seriously saying it is ok for an adult child carer to blow into the mouths of children... even though they are offended by this peculiarly intimate gesture? Nobody here has "convicted" him of anything. You are right though, no one has properly investigated the matter. It seems to have been quietly swept under the mat with a denial by the creepy child carer. I hope the view that he will be managed out of his position is correct. He has no place in child care, paedophile or not. At the very least he makes children and parents uncomfortable with his peculiar behaviour and anyone who defends his right to do that needs to get much more than a grip.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 3:33 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by itigo
I agree with all you have said, but still would not be satisfied if I received the letter DadAgain did.
I would not be satisfied with the answers he's received either and would certainly question it further with the centre. However what I would not do is to throw around accusations without them being proven.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 3:37 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee
I did not say this individual (sick creep) was a child molester. I expressed my view that he was a sick creep for blowing in the mouths of little children who found his behaviour so offensive at least one of them, bless her heart, felt compelled to tell him he was rude. It IS sad that child molesters ARE attracted to educational roles and unfortunately, they get away with it until someone bothers to investigate matters sufficiently to allow their victims to be believed.

Are you seriously saying it is ok for an adult child carer to blow into the mouths of children... even though they are offended by this peculiarly intimate gesture? Nobody here has "convicted" him of anything. You are right though, no one has properly investigated the matter. It seems to have been quietly swept under the mat with a denial by the creepy child carer. I hope the view that he will be managed out of his position is correct. He has no place in child care, paedophile or not. At the very least he makes children and parents uncomfortable with his peculiar behaviour and anyone who defends his right to do that needs to get much more than a grip.
I don't have kids but to be honest, I think it is a very odd thing to do, I mean why would anyone find it acceptable to get that close to a child for the purpose of blowing into their mouths?

He needs to be told that is not acceptable in any form and questioned by his superiors as to why he did it.

There just doesnt seem to be any reason for it and if anything, it seems really odd and certainly not normal. It also begs the question how frequently he has done it and if there has been anything else that he has done that may have ever so slightly crossed that very delicate line that with children, once you cross there is no turning back.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 3:38 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brissybee

How do you know he's a sick creep, though? You have not met him, nor do you know the circumstances. And no, I did not say it was alright for carers to blow in the mouths of children; if that in fact actually happened. There is the word of a 6 year old child (and only one child who has actually said that this carer did this) as the only evidence that anything happened.

And just to clarify, you did convict him by calling him a "sick creep" without knowing that he had done anything other than care for the children in his charge.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 3:50 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

How do you know he's a sick creep, though? You have not met him, nor do you know the circumstances. And no, I did not say it was alright for carers to blow in the mouths of children; if that in fact actually happened. There is the word of a 6 year old child (and only one child who has actually said that this carer did this) as the only evidence that anything happened.

And just to clarify, you did convict him by calling him a "sick creep" without knowing that he had done anything other than care for the children in his charge.
You dont have to be convicted of anything to be a creep it's a behavior thats seen as being creepy or undesirable. Simular to when women get called sluts there dose'nt need to be a trial to confirm it.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 3:52 pm
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

I expressed my view that he is a sick creep. I do think he is a sick creep. If we, again, bring up the law... I believe it is not yet (unfortunately) illegal to be a sick creep. As such, (unfortunately) he cannot be convicted of being a sick creep. I retain my right to regard this individual as a sick creep. I hope he is not another paedophile who seeks to work with children. If more children were believed when they mentioned odd carer behaviour, more could be saved from lifetimes filled with sadness. Sadly, children don't always immediately come forward with their tales of abuse. Many such cases are only unearthed years later when the victims reach adulthood. Many more abuse victims are never helped. I think this carer sounds like a sick creep. I would immediately move my children away from him. He is innocent until proven guilty. The children in his care are just innocent.

Last edited by brissybee; Aug 24th 2010 at 4:08 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 4:16 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
That's a totally inadequate explanation and a totally inadequate investigation. I'd call someone higher up in the chain and make a formal complaint.
I'd also move my child from there pronto.
Yes, I would also do exactly that. Even with a perfectly plausible explanation it's best to follow your instincts.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 5:03 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spartacus
There is a third possibility. That they've listened to your concerns, have spoken to the person involved, and have taken the decision to 'manage' him out at some point in the very near future, thereby avoiding any sort of scandal which would adversely affect their business. It wouldn't surprise me if this person just 'doesn't work here anymore' in the next month or so, but in the meantime advice your daughter to be wary.

Let's hope that's the case
Old Aug 24th 2010, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
There is a third possibility. That they've listened to your concerns, have spoken to the person involved, and have taken the decision to 'manage' him out at some point in the very near future, thereby avoiding any sort of scandal which would adversely affect their business. It wouldn't surprise me if this person just 'doesn't work here anymore' in the next month or so, but in the meantime advice your daughter to be wary.
But unfortunately if that is the case and he has done something wrong he could go on to another child care institution and try something again.

Someone higher up needs to be involved and get to the bottom of this. I think the other children in the room need to be spoken to and for that you're probably going to have to involve the police.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 5:08 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
I know a few of you were interested in where this was going to go. We have heard back from the company:

It seems following a thorough and discreet investigation the guy denied any wrong-doing (surprise surpise) and that is that. So theres no 'innocent explanation' f the behaviour - simply a flat denial that it, or anything like it, took place at all. We were however, reassured that there would be 'more frequent' site visits from management to monitor the situation. Pffft - like he's gonna do anything suss once management walk through the door?!

So we'll see what happens and if theres any hint of something odd going on again then I guess we'll have to re-assess the situation.

To hell with 'maybe it's innocent' ... Spread the word in as many ways as possible and hope he gets caught (either doing this or something else) before something more serious happens, the guy is a wierdo.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 5:14 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
To hell with 'maybe it's innocent' ... Spread the word in as many ways as possible and hope he gets caught (either doing this or something else) before something more serious happens, the guy is a wierdo.
What he said
Old Aug 24th 2010, 5:17 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LouiseR
But unfortunately if that is the case and he has done something wrong he could go on to another child care institution and try something again.

Yes, that's a horrible worry.

I hear that if a person is an offender, that they only get caught after they've offended several times. All those people on the child sex offender register have offended many many times before they got caught.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Yes, that's a horrible worry.

I hear that if a person is an offender, that they only get caught after they've offended several times. All those people on the child sex offender register have offended many many times before they got caught.
Yep. Sadly the more that offend the more confident they become at it, they take more risks and that's usually when they get caught but by then they've more than likely abused several times.

This situation needs to be nipped in the bud straight away. Tell the childcare place that you're not happy with their investigation, you are going to contact their superiors/police/whoever to look into further.

It could all be entirely innocent and let's hope to hell it is.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseR

Someone higher up needs to be involved and get to the bottom of this. I think the other children in the room need to be spoken to and for that you're probably going to have to involve the police.
And unfortunately that's generally what happens . . . the problem is made to go away to in turn become someone elses problem.

There's a definite line between an inappropriate act and an illegal act . . . to date this person appears to have been nothing more than the former which at worst means he has really poor judgement. However, people with poor judgement shouldn't be working with children.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.