My Dad

Old Jun 21st 2007, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of
Default Re: My Dad

My mum is just back from hospital, she said dad wasn't so good tonight. He has had a bag fitted and the tubes going into it were blocked causing him great pain. The surgeon came and unblocked them. Hope he manages to get some sleep tonight, he hasn't slept since Sunday and is totally exhausted.

Lynn xx
Old Jun 21st 2007, 8:09 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Well, he's had part of his bowel removed, the doc said it was rotting away and if he'd left it any longer to go to the hospital he would actually have burst and then died from the poisoning of his system. He was very lucky to have gone to the hospital when he did. The offending part has been sent to The Royal Hospital in Belfast to be annalysed to see if he needs further treatment. we wont know any results for between 7 - 10 days. He is giving himself morphine shots every 20 minutes and is lying clock watching, counting the minutes down. He will be in hospital for the next few weeks (and my parents are meant to be moving house next Friday ) The surgeon could not believe that my dad's GP was treating him for constipation.

Thanks to everyone for their best wishes, lets just hope the biopsy comes back clear.

Lynn xx
Lynn I am so pleased hes OK.

At least he has had the op, hes in the right place and is getting pain relief.

Its just the waiting game for the biopsy now and you just take one day at a time and deal with things as they arise.

Tell your Dad that lots of us on BE are thinking of him.

Samantha

Last edited by Cheetah7; Jun 21st 2007 at 8:20 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 8:16 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

My mum is just back from hospital, she said dad wasn't so good tonight. He has had a bag fitted and the tubes going into it were blocked causing him great pain. The surgeon came and unblocked them. Hope he manages to get some sleep tonight, he hasn't slept since Sunday and is totally exhausted.

Lynn xx
sorry to hear that,

hopefully he will get some sleep, I hope the night nurses help him get comfy
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 1:20 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Lynn xx
I'm realy sorry to hear about your dad's troubles.

Wishes for a very speedy recovery.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking of you Lynn, although he is in pain now, it sounds like your Dad has had a lucky escape.

As others have said he is in the best place and it sounds like he has a great Doctor.

Wishing your Dad a speedy recovery.

Nikki
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 6:06 am
tum
destination Cairns

tum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond reputetum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
good luck love

I hope this is the end of your worries

((((((HUGS))))))
Same here, I hope he recovers soon!

Miranda xx
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud ofNic938 has much to be proud of

All the best for your dad's speedy recovery. Make sure though that if the morphine is only taking the edge off the pain they can make the lock-out on the pump shorter for eg. he can use it every 5 mins instead of 20. Don't be afraid to tell the nurses/doctor if he is in even the slightest pain as it is easier to treat when we are on top of it tha waiting for it to build. Good luck

Nicx
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

He has been suffering with abdominal pain for some time now and is waiting for an outpatients appointement. Yesterday, on my my day off, I'd just taken the kids to school and crawled back into bed with a magazine when the phone rang - it was my mum saying dad needed to go to hospital, could I take him?

Well, they kept him in and last night had to have a laporoscopy - they cut his belly right down the middle. He had been having morphine all afternoon but that only took the edge of his pain.

Don't know whats going on yet as ofcourse they wont speak over the phone, you have to see the doctor in person. My mum is going up about now to meet with him.

Fingers crossed everyone that he's ok.

Lynn xx
God bless Lynn. Hope all goes well
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 8:16 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Lynn xx
I hope your Dad is feeling better today Lynn.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 8:49 am
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

Hope today is a better day for you and your family. x
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

hope your dad managed to get some sleep & is felling better. wishing him a speedy & full recovery , & sending (((hugs))) to you all xxxx
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by asher
good luck love

I hope this is the end of your worries

((((((HUGS))))))
Hopefully they have sorted out all the problems, and you will soon have your dad back home!!
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Well, I was at the hospital last night - my dad just doesn't look like himself at all He has a tube up his nose and down his throat as he was sick for 12 hours on Thursday night - he said it was black stuff coming out. He seemed very breathless last night too. The gauze has been removed from his belly so got to see his wound last night - all nicely stapled up (Chloe - my eldest - nearly fainted at the sight of it!). His belly is rock hard too.

Mum has phoned the hospital this morning and they said they may be removing the tube from his nose and he may be able to get out of bed today and sit on the chair - this time in hospital will be a real test for him as he normally works 7 days a week as a taxi driver.

Anyway, going up on Sunday to see him again. I'm off to an "air show" party today My friend lives overlooking the air field, hope the Red Arrows are there.

Lynn xx
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 9:55 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your Dad Lynn, hope he's all better soon. Try not to worry too much and look after yourself x
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

My dad had a chest xray taken last night as he is very breathless - we are awaiting the results. they have taken his morphine from him and he is having pain relief thru his iv - but not often enough for his liking. His tubes have also been removed from his nose. He looked great yesterday compared to when I seen him Friday night but then he started to be sick again and went down hill rapidly.

On a brighter note - there was a wee man in the bed opposite him who went to theatre yesterday, mum spoke to his daughter when she was clearing his locker - and she lives in Brisbane! Mum told her off my plans and she came over and was talking to me, talling me all about the health care, schools, etc. and is giving mum her phone number tonight to give to me. She is here indefinately (I dont think her dad will last much longer) but I'm sure she'll be home before we get there.

Thanks for all your kind words.

Lynn xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.