My Dad

Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of
Default My Dad

He has been suffering with abdominal pain for some time now and is waiting for an outpatients appointement. Yesterday, on my my day off, I'd just taken the kids to school and crawled back into bed with a magazine when the phone rang - it was my mum saying dad needed to go to hospital, could I take him?

Well, they kept him in and last night had to have a laporoscopy - they cut his belly right down the middle. He had been having morphine all afternoon but that only took the edge of his pain.

Don't know whats going on yet as ofcourse they wont speak over the phone, you have to see the doctor in person. My mum is going up about now to meet with him.

Fingers crossed everyone that he's ok.

Lynn xx
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My Dad

Aw, how awful

Hope he's OK
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the4ofus
He has been suffering with abdominal pain for some time now and is waiting for an outpatients appointement. Yesterday, on my my day off, I'd just taken the kids to school and crawled back into bed with a magazine when the phone rang - it was my mum saying dad needed to go to hospital, could I take him?

Well, they kept him in and last night had to have a laporoscopy - they cut his belly right down the middle. He had been having morphine all afternoon but that only took the edge of his pain.

Don't know whats going on yet as ofcourse they wont speak over the phone, you have to see the doctor in person. My mum is going up about now to meet with him.

Fingers crossed everyone that he's ok.

Lynn xx
Good luck
x
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:07 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Laparoscopy is normally a minimal invasion surgery technique.

I hope everything is ok.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Laparoscopy is normally a minimal invasion surgery technique.

I hope everything is ok.

...........I think Lynn may mean a Laparotomy.

Sorry to hear that Lynne. Hope he's doing ok.

Louise

Last edited by Louise M; Jun 21st 2007 at 10:29 am.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:34 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Lynn, will be thinking of your Dad. Hope the results come back positive.

Gill
Old Jun 21st 2007, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Thanks all for your kind wishes. Mum has an appt. with the doc at 2pm today.

Lynn xx
Old Jun 21st 2007, 11:53 am
One of Big G's girls.

Loubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to behold

Lynn xx
Hope it goes well and that your dad recovers quickly. Best wishes.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Loubags
Hope it goes well and that your dad recovers quickly. Best wishes.
Fingers crossed for your dad!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:12 pm
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

fingers crossed and lots of ((((hugs))))
Old Jun 21st 2007, 2:42 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Lynn xx
Hi Lynn

Hope everything went OK with the appointment.

Thinking of you.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 4:28 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

all the best for your dad Lynne, my dad has given us some scares over the years too..we reckon he's just looking for attention

hope it all goes ok,

Therese
Old Jun 21st 2007, 6:01 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Any news?
Old Jun 21st 2007, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well, he's had part of his bowel removed, the doc said it was rotting away and if he'd left it any longer to go to the hospital he would actually have burst and then died from the poisoning of his system. He was very lucky to have gone to the hospital when he did. The offending part has been sent to The Royal Hospital in Belfast to be annalysed to see if he needs further treatment. we wont know any results for between 7 - 10 days. He is giving himself morphine shots every 20 minutes and is lying clock watching, counting the minutes down. He will be in hospital for the next few weeks (and my parents are meant to be moving house next Friday ) The surgeon could not believe that my dad's GP was treating him for constipation.

Thanks to everyone for their best wishes, lets just hope the biopsy comes back clear.

Lynn xx
Old Jun 21st 2007, 7:43 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Well, he's had part of his bowel removed, the doc said it was rotting away and if he'd left it any longer to go to the hospital he would actually have burst and then died from the poisoning of his system. He was very lucky to have gone to the hospital when he did. The offending part has been sent to The Royal Hospital in Belfast to be annalysed to see if he needs further treatment. we wont know any results for between 7 - 10 days. He is giving himself morphine shots every 20 minutes and is lying clock watching, counting the minutes down. He will be in hospital for the next few weeks (and my parents are meant to be moving house next Friday ) The surgeon could not believe that my dad's GP was treating him for constipation.

Thanks to everyone for their best wishes, lets just hope the biopsy comes back clear.

Lynn xx
good luck love

I hope this is the end of your worries

((((((HUGS))))))

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.