Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Mum of three.........hardened druggie?!!!

Mum of three.........hardened druggie?!!!

Old Sep 4th 2007, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice
Default Re: Mum of three.........hardened druggie?!!!

The OH (an Aussie) was stunned when he got to the UK and could walk into the chemist and buy Sudofed for his (inevitable) cold.
It's banned in Oz now as it contains Pseudoephidrine (or however you spell it!), and is another product used to make ice...
bring back the original throat pastilles with cocaine in em I say!!! I bet they numbed ya throat OK - even Queen Victoria was alledged to be a fan!
Old Sep 4th 2007, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
When I went to chemist today I asked for some more Codral for my flu/thick head. The Pharmacist (not one of my usual guys - like old friends to me what with all the sickness about!) asked to see my Driver's License and wrote all my details in a special book.
I asked why, and he said (like I was stoooopid) 'it's because Codral contains Pseudoephedrine and you can make 'ice' from it.'

I mean seriously, do I look as if I've got the f***ing time to take drugs, let alone bloody make them? I ask you.

I feel violated, even worse than Shop Staff looking in my bag

Has this happened to anyone else? Is it random? Do I have 'the look?'

Mrs J.

PS I didn't even know that about 'ice'.
PPS Understand they are just doing their job, but it gave me a bit of a shock
PPPS Feeling very old
When I saw the docotor recently about my 'glue ear' (yes i know a kids prob) he pescribed my high dose of sudafed and then gave me a letter to show the chemist from him saying why I needed it. Apparently they make ice from that too. So dont worry its normal procedure for the chemist to check if you are asking for certain medicine. I actually think that what he did was good. To many people shy away from asking the right questions in fear of conflict'.

Jo

Jo
Old Sep 4th 2007, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scott&rachel
Freeze ... step away from the chip butty !!!!

http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/...AR15firing.gif
and put down that bread cake
Old Sep 4th 2007, 10:58 pm
Canberra bound

killamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond reputekillamarsh has a reputation beyond repute

Without trying to freak you out. 1. Are you sure he actually worked there and wasn't out on day release? and 2. Perhaps he was interested in you and thought it would simply be easier to turn up at your door to ask you out (not very professional asking over the counter is it now).. or perhaps he was just really SPECIAL..
Old Sep 4th 2007, 11:06 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by the pursers
The OH (an Aussie) was stunned when he got to the UK and could walk into the chemist and buy Sudofed for his (inevitable) cold.
It's banned in Oz now as it contains Pseudoephidrine (or however you spell it!), and is another product used to make ice...
I bought a couple of packets of Sudofed over in our container - had no idea it was banned here
Old Sep 5th 2007, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose because I've been either pregnant or breastfeeding for what seems like an eternity (about 4 years) most medication has been off limits to me.
Tis lovely now

Which reminds me............when I was about 13 and on day release from Boarding School to go into town, my friend Lucy and I mixed coke and aspirin. (We had been stockpiling them from Matron for a few weeks). My goodness didn't it give us both a chronic headache. What was it supposed to do?

That was the naughtiest thing I ever did at school (ish)
Old Sep 5th 2007, 6:46 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

When I went to chemist today I asked for some more Codral for my flu/thick head. The Pharmacist (not one of my usual guys - like old friends to me what with all the sickness about!) asked to see my Driver's License and wrote all my details in a special book.
I asked why, and he said (like I was stoooopid) 'it's because Codral contains Pseudoephedrine and you can make 'ice' from it.'

I mean seriously, do I look as if I've got the f***ing time to take drugs, let alone bloody make them? I ask you.

Mrs J.
You have to be put in the book to buy Mersyndol, for migraines, too!!!!! In the Uk its syndol and you just buy it over the counter so maybe ive been a hardened druggie for a few and hadnt realised it until now!! LOL!!!

TBH i dont mind them having restrictions C x
Old Sep 5th 2007, 6:50 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Mrs J.

PPPS Feeling very old
I had never heard of the drug 'ice' until i came to Perth. It is supposed to make you very highly sexed up and the teenagers are loving it

You can make it at home from certain chemicals you find in medicines and detergants.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
ice is just a designer drug popular mostly in asia.
But becoming a massive problem amongst some communities in Australia, also the US and I believe increasingly the UK too. It's very cheap compared to coke/heroin etc, dangerously accessible and highly addictive.
Is a very serious problems.

(Re the mixing coke and asprin, it would really depend on what sort of coke you are talking about wouldn't it?! )

We bought some Codral the other week and weren't asked any questions.. but OH was so very visibly ill and might have killed them if they didn't just give him the drugs!
Old Sep 5th 2007, 7:48 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose because I've been either pregnant or breastfeeding for what seems like an eternity (about 4 years) most medication has been off limits to me.
Tis lovely now

Which reminds me............when I was about 13 and on day release from Boarding School to go into town, my friend Lucy and I mixed coke and aspirin. (We had been stockpiling them from Matron for a few weeks). My goodness didn't it give us both a chronic headache. What was it supposed to do?

That was the naughtiest thing I ever did at school (ish)
mixing coca cola and aspirin to get high was an urban legend that was never true
Old Sep 5th 2007, 7:58 am
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

Do they have " Hash Browns " in Australia ? if you ask for them are you likely to get cuffed n stuffed ?
Old Sep 5th 2007, 9:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I had never heard of the drug 'ice' until i came to Perth. It is supposed to make you very highly sexed up and the teenagers are loving it

You can make it at home from certain chemicals you find in medicines and detergants.

It also makes them very violent, can take several adults to restrain one person several hospitals have padded treatment rooms for them.
Old Sep 5th 2007, 9:55 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
ice is just a designer drug popular mostly in asia.

It looks like clear crystals (bit like menthol crystals), which are heated on a teaspoon or a bit of foil and the fumes are then inhailed.

apparently it is easy enough to make which is why people are so careful.

also you not allowed to buy more than 1 packet of pain killers at any one time, because they can be ground and then used to mix with cocaine.

lol, do you live next door but one to me???
Old Sep 5th 2007, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

beebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nice

Mrs J.

PPPS Feeling very old
wait till you have to buy some CANESTEN the questions i was asked made me walk out without purchasing any i felt so "dirty"
Old Sep 5th 2007, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beebopaloola
wait till you have to buy some CANESTEN the questions i was asked made me walk out without purchasing any i felt so "dirty"
Can't be as bad as getting the morning after pill - they take you in to a "private" room to be asked some questions. The poor lovely man was more embarrassed than me I think! Then after all that rigamarole (spelling, I know) they take you out front to pay for it and it comes up on the checkout display large as life for anyone to have a good look at!! never again!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.