Moths!!!

Old Sep 29th 2007, 12:44 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moths!!!

If anyone has a phobia against moths please steer clear of our place at the moment. In the last couple of days we must have had a few hundred thousand of the things. Anything painted white or close to a light is smothered in them. I can hardly see out of the kitchen window because they're sitting there looking at the kitchen light.

It's revolting and I've never seen anything like it before. Wasn't like this last year - what's going on
Old Sep 29th 2007, 12:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moths!!!

Originally Posted by moneypen20
If anyone has a phobia against moths please steer clear of our place at the moment. In the last couple of days we must have had a few hundred thousand of the things. Anything painted white or close to a light is smothered in them. I can hardly see out of the kitchen window because they're sitting there looking at the kitchen light.

It's revolting and I've never seen anything like it before. Wasn't like this last year - what's going on
Hey funny you should say this, i was saying tonight how many moths were about our windows were covered! very strange eh?
Old Sep 29th 2007, 12:46 pm
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Never seen them like that ...but remember a couple of years ago when we were up by the Murray one time, we saw a moth as big as you hand ...that was weird !
Old Sep 29th 2007, 12:47 pm
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
Hey funny you should say this, i was saying tonight how many moths were about our windows were covered! very strange eh?
You two near one another?

What's it like outside?
Old Sep 29th 2007, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
You two near one another?

What's it like outside?
not venturing out there mothman might be near

I live opposite end of GC.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 12:49 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Well these are all small - about 1 to 2 inches wide - thank god I wouldn't mind so much but the security lights won't go out because of the constant movement
Old Sep 29th 2007, 12:52 pm
Australian Citizen

not venturing out there mothman might be near

I live opposite end of GC.
So the swarm has spread a long way
Old Sep 29th 2007, 12:54 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Funny you should say that we have just got over a swarm like that here in the uk!!

thanks for taking them with you curly
Old Sep 29th 2007, 12:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by asher
Funny you should say that we have just got over a swarm like that here in the uk!!

thanks for taking them with you curly
took em a bloody long time to fly here
Old Sep 29th 2007, 12:57 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

It's been really warm for spring today and is quite mild now. Very dry. Don't know if that's got anything to do with it but wouldn't have thought so, dry and warm is normal up here

I've just been round with a can of mortein. Going to be a nightmare sweeping that lot away tomorrow. Either that or all the birds will be eating for weeks
Old Sep 29th 2007, 12:59 pm
Australian Citizen

It's been really warm for spring today and is quite mild now. Very dry. Don't know if that's got anything to do with it but wouldn't have thought so, dry and warm is normal up here

I've just been round with a can of mortein. Going to be a nightmare sweeping that lot away tomorrow. Either that or all the birds will be eating for weeks
Then you'll have to cope with Magpies the size of Eagles
Old Sep 29th 2007, 1:00 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

took em a bloody long time to fly here
well it is a long way
Old Sep 29th 2007, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

This time of year we often get plagues of moths in Sydney.

Ours are bogon moths, which breed in the far west of QLD and then fly south to the Snowy Mountains every year for the cool weather. You could find that they've been blown off course and ended up in the Gold Coast instead .

Rather you than me. I hate, loathe and despise the things, they freak me out totally - rather have a fleet of cockroaches any day.
Old Sep 29th 2007, 1:17 pm
Australian Citizen

Originally Posted by NickyC
This time of year we often get plagues of moths in Sydney.

Ours are bogon moths, which breed in the far west of QLD and then fly south to the Snowy Mountains every year for the cool weather. You could find that they've been blown off course and ended up in the Gold Coast instead .

Rather you than me. I hate, loathe and despise the things, they freak me out totally - rather have a fleet of cockroaches any day.
You can have any cockroach I see....I hate them with a vengeance
Old Sep 29th 2007, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
You can have any cockroach I see....I hate them with a vengeance
Don't really like cockroaches either - it's just that I hate moths so much I'd rather encounter a cockroach to a moth, any day. I'm truly phobic about them - and the ones we get here (about now) are big, gruesome, furry, black things.

Aboriginals used to eat them (moths, not cockroaches ). Apparantly, they have a very high fat content. Bleugh!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.