Wikiposts

Mosman bomb scare

Old Aug 5th 2011, 1:08 am
Just Joined

Jen28 is just really niceJen28 is just really niceJen28 is just really niceJen28 is just really niceJen28 is just really niceJen28 is just really niceJen28 is just really niceJen28 is just really niceJen28 is just really nice
Default Re: Mosman bomb scare

I don't know what's scarier... The guy with the bomb or half of the comments posted on this thread... I'm certain I'd rather live in a city with one maniac than 20 idiotic, self righteous tw@ts who get off on posting insulting, perverse comments about a teenager. Christ imagine if that was your kid/niece/granddaughter! At the end of the day none of us were there to know what went on but all of us are a part of what is said from now on. Have some respect for her, her family and yourselves for Christ sake. PS I had a bloody good education (working class) and a good job now and I still yack on the phone and file my nails…. It’s called being human & manicured you male chauvinistic prats!! :curse::curse:
Old Aug 5th 2011, 8:07 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

calm down people. Everyone has a right to an opinion and just because yours is different doesn't make it right. it will all come out in the wash so not sure why anyone is getting their knickers in a twist
Old Aug 5th 2011, 12:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
calm down people. Everyone has a right to an opinion and just because yours is different doesn't make it right. it will all come out in the wash so not sure why anyone is getting their knickers in a twist
Aye

Usually it's the Women that put the boots into peoples characters and motivations in my experience. Blokes generally just say how much "They Would" or "Wouldn't"... with the latter probably being worse.

Imagine a world where blokes didn't carry on like that... would be a very boring place. She is a bit young though, says me as a parent of 3 daughters, With at least 6 17/18 YO's sleeping over from my Youngest daughters birthday bash (we had 30 kids here last night) .. still never mind

'
Old Aug 5th 2011, 12:28 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Aye

Usually it's the Women that put the boots into peoples characters and motivations in my experience. Blokes just say how much "They Would".

Imagine a world where blokes didn't carry on like that... would be a very boring place. She is a bit young though, says me as a parent of 3 daughters, With at least 6 17/18 YO's sleeping over from my Youngest daughters birthday bash (we had 30 kids here last night) .. still never mind

'
It's ingrained in our primordial slop. Something tells us that a scantily clad, well endowed female will steal our man folk. She'd have got more female sympathy if her chest had been firmly supported by the 'Ah Bra'.
Old Aug 5th 2011, 1:21 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

My knickers remain decidedly untwisted, thank you.

(And re. women putting the boot in attractive women - am I that unusual in responding recently to my husband telling me he'd heard a rumour he was having an affair with one of my best friends - which for reasons I won't bore you with is quite hilarious - by saying, well if you're going to have an affair, I'd be impressed if it was her, she's hot?)
Old Aug 5th 2011, 1:27 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
My knickers remain decidedly untwisted, thank you.

(And re. women putting the boot in attractive women - am I that unusual in responding recently to my husband telling me he'd heard a rumour he was having an affair with one of my best friends - which for reasons I won't bore you with is quite hilarious - by saying, well if you're going to have an affair, I'd be impressed if it was her, she's hot?)
Not all that unusual - I'd be pretty impressed if him indoors had an affair.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 2:43 am
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Turban Explorer
Not all that unusual - I'd be pretty impressed if him indoors had an affair.
Somehow that doesn't paint a very good picture of him now does it . Kinda says you don't thing he has what it takes to impress the ladies - what does that say about you
Old Aug 6th 2011, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226109930817

The conclusion is going to be very interesting.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 9:39 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JOE2010
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226109930817

The conclusion is going to be very interesting.
Its quite odd how they describe Tai-Pan as being an 'obscure book'.

A quick check of the people around me revealed that over half of them had read it.

(Well, okay, so it was members of my family.. but Himself had read it in his 20s and I read it as a teenager and we were at different ends of England at the time, so hardly obscure)
Old Aug 6th 2011, 9:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Tai-Pan was a best seller in the Uk and many english speaking countries. Funny how it seems to have passed Australia by...or is it the case that the reporter/police are just not very literate?
Old Aug 6th 2011, 12:17 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Tai-Pan was a best seller in the Uk and many english speaking countries. Funny how it seems to have passed Australia by...or is it the case that the reporter/police are just not very literate?
I don't think I've ever heard of it and I'm a mega reader.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 12:49 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't realise that James Clavell was born Australian - that being the case, I'm even more amazed that its not widely read here.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 1:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I know its a few years since I was a bookseller, but it was always a popular title - surprised to find its described as obscure!
Old Aug 6th 2011, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Probably only obscure to the Journo... especially as it's being read in the schools. Plus I checked with my Aus Wife and she read it in the 70's.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 3:24 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
Its quite odd how they describe Tai-Pan as being an 'obscure book'.

A quick check of the people around me revealed that over half of them had read it.

(Well, okay, so it was members of my family.. but Himself had read it in his 20s and I read it as a teenager and we were at different ends of England at the time, so hardly obscure)
He also helped write The Great Escape, 633 Squadron and The Fly - respect

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.