Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

mortgage needed for dental work!

mortgage needed for dental work!

Old Sep 4th 2009, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

kendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nicekendalanita is just really nice
Default mortgage needed for dental work!

Just had my first experience of aussie dentistry - stuck a crown back in that fell out yesterday, had a check up whilst I was there - $253!!!!!! She said that if the crown fell out again they would do x rays etc, I said don't bother just pull it out (it's a back tooth after all), 12 quid I paid at home for a tooth extracting, $300 they want to charge me here!!!! Ball of string and door knob comes to mind!!!!
Old Sep 4th 2009, 10:18 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: mortgage needed for dental work!

Originally Posted by kendalanita
Just had my first experience of aussie dentistry - stuck a crown back in that fell out yesterday, had a check up whilst I was there - $253!!!!!! She said that if the crown fell out again they would do x rays etc, I said don't bother just pull it out (it's a back tooth after all), 12 quid I paid at home for a tooth extracting, $300 they want to charge me here!!!! Ball of string and door knob comes to mind!!!!
your kidding thats cheap. seriously.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 10:22 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by kendalanita
I never visited the dentist while i lived in OZ, for the simple fact it was far too expensive.
But my youngest did and it cost me $600 for 2 fillings.

Back in UK now and we all have regular check ups, OH had new bridge fitted for 90 pound.That was going to cost $3000 in OZ.
Old Sep 4th 2009, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

If ya want nice teeth and/or in pain you will pay what it takes!
I was working away in london town last year and had the worst tooth ache ever i would of let the local butcher in tesco sort it and i would of paid a grand to get rid of the pain
You either pay it or dont

Father inlaw paid £1000+ for a crown in uk(private) few months ago,while i paid £200 uk(cattle class).

Where do i sign to learn to be a ozzie dentist
Old Sep 4th 2009, 10:30 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by seang
your kidding thats cheap. seriously.
I was just thinking that the amount was cheap for over here too

Em x
Old Sep 4th 2009, 10:48 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I never visited the dentist while i lived in OZ, for the simple fact it was far too expensive.
But my youngest did and it cost me $600 for 2 fillings.
It is worth people being aware that not all Dentists charge the high rates.

Some Dental costs I have seen include:
Item 531 White Filling - 1 Surface - Back Tooth: Maximum Fee $190.00
NobleDentist charge $103.00.
My Dentist charges $115.00.

Item 533 White Filling - 3 Surfaces - Back Tooth: Maximum Fee $304.00
Noble Dentist charge $151.00
Mine maybe about $160 ?

I took my daughter to the dentist today, and got the shock of my life...

They said "No Charge Today".... I left the building before they got to change their minds..... I am still wondering why....

Old Sep 4th 2009, 10:54 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Eldest needs wisdom teeth out and braces afterwards.. current 'predicted' costs are $9,870
Old Sep 4th 2009, 10:57 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

They said "No Charge Today".... I left the building before they got to change their minds..... I am still wondering why....
no charge today...we'll send the bill Monday
Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

It is worth people being aware that not all Dentists charge the high rates.

Some Dental costs I have seen include:
Item 531 White Filling - 1 Surface - Back Tooth: Maximum Fee $190.00
NobleDentist charge $103.00.
My Dentist charges $115.00.

Item 533 White Filling - 3 Surfaces - Back Tooth: Maximum Fee $304.00
Noble Dentist charge $151.00
Mine maybe about $160 ?

Is it possibly because you made the story up?
Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

JCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud ofJCSUPERMOTO has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kevin747
pmsl!!!!
Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:10 am
ABCDiamond

Some people just don't want to believe...

http://www.nobledentist.com.au/denti...t.php#Brisbane

Some people would rather deny the fact that some things can be cheaper, than open their eyes and look...

A Negative attitude guarantees that you will find negatives in almost everything -
A Positive attitude gives a much better chance of a happy life.

Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Some people just don't want to believe...

http://www.nobledentist.com.au/denti...t.php#Brisbane

Some people would rather deny the fact that some things can be cheaper, than open their eyes and look...

A Negative attitude guarantees that you will find negatives in almost everything -
A Positive attitude gives a much better chance of a happy life.
Thanks . I'll look it up the next time I need dental work. Please continue with the smug little maxims.
Seriously you really are a mine of info.
All the best
Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:16 am
ABCDiamond

Seriously you really are a mine of info.
All the best
That's one reason that I am no longer bitter and twisted, as I used to be back in my anti-Australian days.

I've learned to look around and not accept the worst.

Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

That's one reason that I am no longer bitter and twisted, as I used to be back in my anti-Australian days.

I've learned to look around and not accept the worst.
As i said keep posting the smug comments.

Is it maybe because at 14,897 posts to date you have spent a considerable period of your life posting on BE.

I cant be bothered to calculate the sum but it would appear that whilst others are having sex,drinking,smoking and all other worthwhile pastimes you are doing this.

What does 14,897 at a minute per post equate to in days,months and years?
Old Sep 4th 2009, 11:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JCSUPERMOTO
If ya want nice teeth and/or in pain you will pay what it takes!
I was working away in london town last year and had the worst tooth ache ever i would of let the local butcher in tesco sort it and i would of paid a grand to get rid of the pain
You either pay it or dont

Father inlaw paid £1000+ for a crown in uk(private) few months ago,while i paid £200 uk(cattle class).

Where do i sign to learn to be a ozzie dentist
To add to our crown data collection I recently paid 550 pounds in OZ (at current xchange rate) to private dentist for crown.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.