Mom/Mum

Old Dec 28th 2007, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mom/Mum

Originally Posted by Fly Away
She did the right thing and got away!
It's the only thing for it sometimes whether folk are family or not.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Aye right geez a brek hen.
I'll let you off seeing as how yer Mum is Scottish!!
Old Dec 28th 2007, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Fly Away!

We're up in the valleys...everyone round by us seems to say Mam. It would be a shame if it disappeared.

How's everything with you? Any news with the house?
Old Dec 28th 2007, 11:49 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glasgowlass
I'm sending you a virtual cuddle Moneypen, you sound like you've had a hard time of it.
Thank you
Old Dec 28th 2007, 11:50 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I'll let you off seeing as how yer Mum is Scottish!!
And so am I
Old Dec 28th 2007, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

And so am I
Oh I beg your pardon! I didn't know
Old Dec 28th 2007, 11:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sparky wife
Hi Fly Away!

We're up in the valleys...everyone round by us seems to say Mam. It would be a shame if it disappeared.

How's everything with you? Any news with the house?
Hi SW - just answered your thread! We're in Cardiff, lots of us incomers here so not as many 'Mams' used.

Are you coming to the Welsh meet up on the 27th?? Did you know about it?? We're headed to Adelaide too. coincidence eh?
Old Dec 29th 2007, 1:58 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I just wanted to ask, is there parts of England where Mum is Mom because I've noticed a few people using it?
I used to use Mom because I'm from Canada and that's the way it's spelled there. I now use Mum because I live in Australia and that's the way it's spelled here.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 3:10 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Aye right geez a brek hen.
Nah - you do a rubbish Scottish accent
Old Dec 29th 2007, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

I am a South Wales valley girl too and i am a 'mam', my mams a 'mam', mother in laws a 'mam' to hubby but 'mum' to his sister!!

My mother is 'mamo' to all her grandkids, mother in laws a 'nana' and the one remaining great grandmother was a 'nana' but has turned into a 'nano'!!

Confusing eh!!

And lets not get started on the dado, bampi etc etc etc!!!

Old Dec 29th 2007, 3:55 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
I say Mom I'm from the Midlands.
Me too

You can even get cards that say Mom around here
Old Dec 29th 2007, 3:57 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
up the brummies
Originally Posted by Scrawni 2
Salt of the earth us Midlanders! What you see is what you get

Yay!
Old Dec 29th 2007, 4:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

[/QUOTE]

Sparky Hub called his maternal grandad Bampi
Old Dec 29th 2007, 4:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

I just wanted to ask, is there parts of England where Mum is Mom because I've noticed a few people using it?
In Wales we also say Mam
Old Dec 29th 2007, 4:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justsarah
I am a South Wales valley girl too and i am a 'mam', my mams a 'mam', mother in laws a 'mam' to hubby but 'mum' to his sister!!

My mother is 'mamo' to all her grandkids, mother in laws a 'nana' and the one remaining great grandmother was a 'nana' but has turned into a 'nano'!!

Confusing eh!!

Should have read the whole thread hey - teach me to be lazy...

L xx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.