Mom/Mum

Old Dec 28th 2007, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mom/Mum

I just wanted to ask, is there parts of England where Mum is Mom because I've noticed a few people using it?
Old Dec 28th 2007, 11:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mom/Mum

Originally Posted by Glasgowlass
I just wanted to ask, is there parts of England where Mum is Mom because I've noticed a few people using it?
I say Mom I'm from the Midlands.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 11:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi GL,

I grew up in brum and say Mom. We now live in Wales and my little one says Mum. I think it's a regional thing.

I do know one pretentious woman who makes her kids call her 'Mama'.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
Thank you. Another thing learnt tonight!
BE Forum Addict

Scrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond reputeScrawni 2 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm originally from B'ham and I used to say mom. When I moved to Northamptonshire my teacher told me it was mum and I had to write it as mum.
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

LOL. You beat me to it.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 11:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi GL,

I grew up in brum and say Mom. We now live in Wales and my little one says Mum. I think it's a regional thing.

Mama reminds me of those dolls you rocked back and forth to produce that sound
Old Dec 28th 2007, 11:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Poor GL, got all the Brummies in one go.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 11:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Mama reminds me of those dolls you rocked back and forth to produce that sound
I know, her little girl has a very squeaky voice too!
Old Dec 28th 2007, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi GL,

My OH taught my 3 year old to call me Mama when she started to talk and I hated it! I made sure the next one didn't use it. It reminds me of those dolly's that you tip up and they say Mama..urgh!
Old Dec 28th 2007, 11:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Poor GL, got all the Brummies in one go.
she sure did
Old Dec 28th 2007, 11:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

My OH taught my 3 year old to call me Mama when she started to talk and I hated it! I made sure the next one didn't use it. It reminds me of those dolly's that you tip up and they say Mama..urgh!
LOL. Does the first one still say Mama, because the little one will copy her....
Old Dec 28th 2007, 11:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

she sure did
Do you think it was a good thing??

Old Dec 28th 2007, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Where we are in South Wales, Mam or Mammy is standard. I think it sounds lovely . Didn't know people in UK called them Mom, thought that was American.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

LOL. Does the first one still say Mama, because the little one will copy her....
No she says Mum now and so does the wee one. I gave him a right telling off so he stopped doing it. She was calling out MAMA in the shops and people would look at her as if she was daft and then look to see what twit had her kid calling her mama!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.