Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The mission is over!

The mission is over!

Old Jun 17th 2008, 1:12 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The mission is over!

If anyone deserved to succeed it is you, Paul.

Really glad for you and your family that it's all coming together and that the job is working out. Hope it won't be long till your citizenship ceremony and that Australian passport .

Maybe in a year's time you post an update here. Always good for the "newbies" to read another success story, especially yours which has had so many ups and downs.

All the best.

Gina
Old Jun 17th 2008, 1:29 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

See ya Paul

Best of luck to you all
Old Jun 17th 2008, 6:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Well, title says it all. It's time to move on guy's.

I was tempted to just slip away but that's not fair to the people that have supported me thru my ups and downs in my mission to get PR in Australia.

The mission is over, and things are going very well for us now. My job is excellent and I've never enjoyed work more. Nic is out of her cast and back to work on Thursday. The kids are happy.

I can't ask for any more!

Things are currently pretty stale for me in BE. I'm fed up with posts and threads being ignored so am man enough to know when enough is enough.

I just want to say a MASSIVE thank you to everyone that has supported me over the last few years, you know who you are!

Is it that time? ... yep, time for my last WBG.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...ATARS/WBG3.gif
Mate, so happy that your job is working out for you and that Nic will soon be back at work

Only just seen this as I hardly come on here anymore feel the same as you about it, but you know where a lot of us are though

Keep happy and stay in touch ok?

WBG
Old Jun 17th 2008, 8:25 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Glad it's all worked out for you paul - Long may it continue
Old Jun 17th 2008, 9:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a shame, you have a lot to give and you don't get ignored anymore than anyone else. Don't cancel your registration - you've had enough names over the years.

Don't lose my number.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 10:23 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
It's a shame, you have a lot to give and you don't get ignored anymore than anyone else.
This is very true

Particularly with jokes and youtube clips.
People read jokes and enjoy but don't feel the need to comment and youtube clips often get ignored.

It doesn't mean we don't like you Paul

FWIW - I think you should stay but I'm sure we all understand if you decide not to. Alternatively you could just take a break for a few weeks and see how you feel then. I often do this but I'm usually back after a couple of days
Old Jun 17th 2008, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

I was tempted to just slip away but that's not fair to the people that have supported me thru my ups and downs in my mission to get PR in Australia.

The mission is over, and things are going very well for us now. My job is excellent and I've never enjoyed work more. Nic is out of her cast and back to work on Thursday. The kids are happy.

Things are currently pretty stale for me in BE. I'm fed up with posts and threads being ignored so am man enough to know when enough is enough.

I just want to say a MASSIVE thank you to everyone that has supported me over the last few years, you know who you are!

Good luck guys, I often wonder when we get over to Oz if I'll still check this site.

Best wishes
Old Jun 17th 2008, 2:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marvinc
Good luck guys, I often wonder when we get over to Oz if I'll still check this site.

Best wishes
Remember that without people in Aus posting their experiences, the people outside of Australia would find it hard to get the info they want.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 5:38 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

All the best for the future like Moneypen says I doubt your ignored more than anyone else, I dont come on here very much either anymore and several of my last posts have been totally ignored lol its annoying but then thats life as well. Take care x

Last edited by penky; Jun 17th 2008 at 5:41 pm. Reason: dumb girl!
Old Jun 17th 2008, 7:54 pm
Happy migrant

Originally Posted by penky
All the best for the future like Moneypen says I doubt your ignored more than anyone else, I dont come on here very much either anymore and several of my last posts have been totally ignored lol its annoying but then thats life as well. Take care x
How could anyone ignore you?

Who ignored you - i'll have words
Old Jun 17th 2008, 8:05 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Paul I have been really busy all day so apologies it's late but you know you will be missed, truthfully I think you should stay but maybe a rest will be good for you and you can come back later refreshed and chirpy telling all the newbies how hard it was for you but that things worked out well in the end

take care mate and have a wonderful life
Old Jun 17th 2008, 10:15 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

I just re-read my last post and dunno, think it might have come across as a little flippant/negative. The point I was trying to make is that being ignored happens to us all at some point and I dont think its necesarily malicious, perhaps just thoughtless or people dont have time, the thing is to try to not to let it get to you.
Anyway, as Ash says you will be missed

Originally Posted by Kapri
How could anyone ignore you?

Who ignored you - i'll have words
Old Jun 17th 2008, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

It sounds like you have done really well with your new life, good luck for the future.

I am a bit concerned though. I have been on here a few months and have found it invaluable. I have posted a couple of threads that have had little response but others that have had lots.

I have seen quite a few posts lately from people who are unhappy with BE and references to them leaving and setting up other sites. I know that some feel that BE is a bit "clicky" though I must admit I had never found it that way myself. Yes, sometimes threads seem to refer to jokes that you would only get if you had been to a particular meetup or are "in the know" but I have never got the feeling that this is done to purposely keep others out.

However, recently it seems that some "elder" members (and I mean that in time spent on BE, not actual age!!) have decided to move onto their own new forums. Obviously, that is their choice but I have felt, reading some of the posts, that perhaps they were part of a "click" and only those "in the know" will have the address of the new forums. This is not me saying that I particularly want the address, just describing my thoughts when I read the posts.

All that I can say is that this site has helped me so much and I don't know what I would have done without it. I know that there will (hopefully) come a time when I too find that I have been there and done that when I read most of the posts. However when that time comes I won't be posting a farewell message. I will "keep my hand in" and try to pass on anything that I have learned to people that might be on the start of the process and have heads ready to explode with the visa/relocation/housing/family/shipping etc questions that keep you up at night with worry.

I am absolutely not having a go at the OP for leaving, just saying that its a shame that the knowledge that they have of the migration process will be lost to people who were in the same position as them a while ago.

Ren xx
Old Jun 20th 2008, 2:35 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, gonna look like a fool for 'returning' so early, but personally it won't be the first time I've made a fool of myself on here, so 'onwards and up aye!'

After my OP I pm'd Sue and asked for my account to be deleted, and I guess she knows me too well and THIS time said I had to go a month without a post and she'd do it! ... I failed! ...

Anyway ...

Just a few points.

Originally Posted by Amazulu
All the support and encouragement that people on here have given you over the years and you end it all with one short post. Nice.

Anyway, all the best for the future.
Well in the past I've been accused of being an 'attention seeker' ... and if I wanted to go, then just GO! ... DON'T make no drama of it!!!

This time, at the time of the OP I DID want to GO ... but at the same time felt I owed the people that has supported me over the years some kind of excuse / reason ... albeit a short one!

After reading your reply I felt I couldn't win as if I went on about 'this and that' I'd be accused as an attention whore. If I just slipped away it would be wrong to me mates. So I tried to do sommit 'in between'.

Can't win ... kind of situ!

Originally Posted by RenShen
Hi,

I am absolutely not having a go at the OP for leaving, just saying that its a shame that the knowledge that they have of the migration process will be lost to people who were in the same position as them a while ago.

Ren xx
I KEEP reading this, and prob the BIGGEST reason I've returned!

Ok, I KNOW there's people on here who don't like me, for WHATEVER reason, but at the same time with the law of averages there is (thankfully) people who do!

I HAVE to admit I struggle with rejection but HAVE to learn that it too is the law of averages! ... some will! ... some won't!

Earlier I spent god knows how long pm'ing people on here cos I thought I'm off and don't wanna lose touch. People who *I* consider me mates! ... but hey! ... I aint goin anywhere! ...

I'm gonna go on and post stupid email jokes, funny clips, and god knows what ... and if it's a contender for BE's 'most crap thread' then so what!!!

I just wanna say *sorry* for throwing my action man out of my pram, and that I WILL try to build a stronger Paul for the future on BE!

Thread killed?

Probably! ...

Love you all!

WBG!
Old Jun 20th 2008, 2:41 pm
where is my gold ticket!!

michell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to allmichell is a name known to all

Woo HOO

Welcome back!!!!!!

place wasnt the same without you !!

michell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.