Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The mission is over!

The mission is over!

Old Jun 21st 2008, 3:31 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The mission is over!

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
... we're FB buddies so thought we'd still keep in touch ...

Thanks ...
Are we? If you mean Facebook, I've never used my account since I set it up.

Don't you do this again young man, or I'll have to come over there and give you a whooping.
Old Jun 21st 2008, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Same as what Gina said
So very glad you are back Paul ....I didn't say anything when you 'left' because I didn't think you would see it
I followed your journey back to the UK...and then your boat...and everything.
People do care
Old Jun 21st 2008, 3:42 am
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, gonna look like a fool for 'returning' so early, but personally it won't be the first time I've made a fool of myself on here, so 'onwards and up aye!'

After my OP I pm'd Sue and asked for my account to be deleted, and I guess she knows me too well and THIS time said I had to go a month without a post and she'd do it! ... I failed! ...

Anyway ...

Just a few points.

Well in the past I've been accused of being an 'attention seeker' ... and if I wanted to go, then just GO! ... DON'T make no drama of it!!!

This time, at the time of the OP I DID want to GO ... but at the same time felt I owed the people that has supported me over the years some kind of excuse / reason ... albeit a short one!

After reading your reply I felt I couldn't win as if I went on about 'this and that' I'd be accused as an attention whore. If I just slipped away it would be wrong to me mates. So I tried to do sommit 'in between'.

Can't win ... kind of situ!

I KEEP reading this, and prob the BIGGEST reason I've returned!

Ok, I KNOW there's people on here who don't like me, for WHATEVER reason, but at the same time with the law of averages there is (thankfully) people who do!

I HAVE to admit I struggle with rejection but HAVE to learn that it too is the law of averages! ... some will! ... some won't!

Earlier I spent god knows how long pm'ing people on here cos I thought I'm off and don't wanna lose touch. People who *I* consider me mates! ... but hey! ... I aint goin anywhere! ...

I'm gonna go on and post stupid email jokes, funny clips, and god knows what ... and if it's a contender for BE's 'most crap thread' then so what!!!

I just wanna say *sorry* for throwing my action man out of my pram, and that I WILL try to build a stronger Paul for the future on BE!

Thread killed?

Probably! ...

Love you all!

WBG!
Thing is Paul, you make some very valid points, its an odd feeling because i have been using this site for over four years now and i too have experienced what seems like total blanking on a couple of threads, i think part of it is as previously mentioned by someone, in so much as we are the 'elder' posters and new people come along and they dont have a scooby who we are and most of the people that we have chatted to over the years have gone so its a kind of limbo.
I dont attend the site on a daily basis as i used to and i certainly dont post as much as i used to but i do still look in and i post the odd one now and again if i think i can really help or if it touches a nerve as your post has. I would love to think that i can still be of asistance to some people starting out because i remember only too well the crap we went through in the beginning and the folks that gave us encouragement and answers at that time. This site runs on the likes of you and I paul (thats not a big up myself!!) without people who have had the 'experience' good or bad this site would close because who else would be there to answer the mirriad of questions.
Anyway ill stop blabbing on, just wanted to say whatever you do is your choice Paul and good luck to you either way

Nev
Old Jun 21st 2008, 6:59 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Are we? If you mean Facebook, I've never used my account since I set it up.

Don't you do this again young man, or I'll have to come over there and give you a whooping.
It appears I thought you was someone else ...

Ok ok! ...

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
Same as what Gina said
So very glad you are back Paul ....I didn't say anything when you 'left' because I didn't think you would see it
I followed your journey back to the UK...and then your boat...and everything.
People do care
Cheers ...

Originally Posted by redlion
Thing is Paul, you make some very valid points, its an odd feeling because i have been using this site for over four years now and i too have experienced what seems like total blanking on a couple of threads, i think part of it is as previously mentioned by someone, in so much as we are the 'elder' posters and new people come along and they dont have a scooby who we are and most of the people that we have chatted to over the years have gone so its a kind of limbo.
I dont attend the site on a daily basis as i used to and i certainly dont post as much as i used to but i do still look in and i post the odd one now and again if i think i can really help or if it touches a nerve as your post has. I would love to think that i can still be of asistance to some people starting out because i remember only too well the crap we went through in the beginning and the folks that gave us encouragement and answers at that time. This site runs on the likes of you and I paul (thats not a big up myself!!) without people who have had the 'experience' good or bad this site would close because who else would be there to answer the mirriad of questions.
Anyway ill stop blabbing on, just wanted to say whatever you do is your choice Paul and good luck to you either way

Nev
Thanks Nev, I make you right ...
Old Jun 21st 2008, 7:07 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Well, title says it all. It's time to move on guy's.

I was tempted to just slip away but that's not fair to the people that have supported me thru my ups and downs in my mission to get PR in Australia.

The mission is over, and things are going very well for us now. My job is excellent and I've never enjoyed work more. Nic is out of her cast and back to work on Thursday. The kids are happy.

I can't ask for any more!

Things are currently pretty stale for me in BE. I'm fed up with posts and threads being ignored so am man enough to know when enough is enough.

I just want to say a MASSIVE thank you to everyone that has supported me over the last few years, you know who you are!

Is it that time? ... yep, time for my last WBG.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/m...ATARS/WBG3.gif
All the very best for your future....

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jun 21st 2008, 8:03 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

It appears I thought you was someone else ...

Ok ok! ...

Cheers ...

Thanks Nev, I make you right ...
So you've been chatting to someone on FB who you thought was me? I'm on there, but I can't remember who I am.
Old Jun 21st 2008, 8:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Stitch
All the very best for your future....

Cheers

Ginny
Thanks Ginny ...

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
So you've been chatting to someone on FB who you thought was me? I'm on there, but I can't remember who I am.
No just have them as a friend and thought it was you! ...
Old Jun 21st 2008, 8:08 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Thanks Ginny ...

No just have them as a friend and thought it was you! ...
I suppose giving up BE is like giving up smoking, very hard
Old Jun 21st 2008, 8:09 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
yep, I tried last week....
Old Jun 21st 2008, 8:10 am
Account Closed

Yeah I can't seem to do either! ...
Old Jun 21st 2008, 8:14 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I can't seem to do either! ...
start a few arguments mate, I never fail to get replies to some of my posts and threads.....
Old Jun 21st 2008, 8:16 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
start a few arguments mate, I never fail to get replies to some of my posts and threads.....
Yeah, you and Leigh bloke, very entertaining

Wouldn't you just love to meet him for a pint
Old Jun 21st 2008, 8:17 am
Straw Man.

Yeah, you and Leigh bloke, very entertaining

Wouldn't you just love to meet him for a pint
he wouldn't pay, you know that don't you?
Old Jun 21st 2008, 8:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
he wouldn't pay, you know that don't you?
You pay, show him what a nice person you are. Or is that just insane?
Old Jun 21st 2008, 8:19 am
Straw Man.

You pay, show him what a nice person you are. Or is that just insane?
thats just mad that is!

Crazy talk woman!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.