Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Merry xmas from brizzy

Merry xmas from brizzy

Old Dec 24th 2006, 10:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all
Default Merry xmas from brizzy

merry xmas to you all enjoy
Old Dec 24th 2006, 10:38 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Merry xmas from brizzy

Merry xmas (nearly) from Stoke!

Joex
Old Dec 25th 2006, 3:28 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wintersgills
Happy Boxing Day, I think as middle of night and now wide awake. When I should have been wide awake earlie I was knackared and now humidity has kicked in have that will I ever get back to sleep feeling.

Is Forest Lake near Narangbah sure I passed it somewhere recently.
Old Dec 25th 2006, 10:26 pm
Down under NOW ye ha

joe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to alljoe north east is a name known to all

Merry xmas steve see ya soon, its been cold here mate, but not for long
Old Dec 26th 2006, 12:28 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

Originally Posted by annqldau
Happy Boxing Day, I think as middle of night and now wide awake. When I should have been wide awake earlie I was knackared and now humidity has kicked in have that will I ever get back to sleep feeling.

we in south west of brizzy
Old Dec 26th 2006, 9:00 pm

we in south west of brizzy
Maybe I've been brainwashed by the adverts but there may be one up this way as well... .

The Aussies like the word lake.
Old Dec 26th 2006, 9:22 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Forest Lake is near Springfield Lakes which is near Darra, Wacol and Inala.
Me thinks you are thinking of North Lakes (more commonly referred to as Legoland).
Old Dec 26th 2006, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Forest Lake is near Springfield Lakes which is near Darra, Wacol and Inala.
Me thinks you are thinking of North Lakes (more commonly referred to as Legoland).
Nope there is some sort of lakes up at Narangbah in the new housing bit. But like I said you Aussie types like to stick the word pine or lake in to make these new housing estates sound posh... .
Old Dec 26th 2006, 9:33 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Nope there is some sort of lakes up at Narangbah in the new housing bit. But like I said you Aussie types like to stick the word pine or lake in to make these new housing estates sound posh... .

Yep, and it works. Just look at North Lakes.
Old Dec 26th 2006, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Yep, and it works. Just look at North Lakes.
I try not to prefer to look at the mountains or the sea... .
Old Dec 27th 2006, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Maybe I've been brainwashed by the adverts but there may be one up this way as well... .

The Aussies like the word lake.
thes a lake over the road here and there is a place on the north side called forest lake aswell no shopping trolleys in this one he he
Old Dec 27th 2006, 2:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

While I was working for the office that puts together the maps for use by the 000 despatchers, I was involved in a meeting discussing naming of some new areas out near Ipswich. The guys I worked with were pleading for some original names, as that makes it so much easier for the despatchers to locate the callers - suggestions included names of English/Welsh cities and towns. The council guys though said they wanted to stick to calling everything "lake" "forest" "spring....." and that kind of thing, because they create an instant picturesque image when you hear them and thus people are attracted to living there just because they like the sound of the address So if you live somewhere called for example Lake Drive, I suggest if you call 000 you are ready to give them directions!
Old Dec 27th 2006, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
While I was working for the office that puts together the maps for use by the 000 despatchers, I was involved in a meeting discussing naming of some new areas out near Ipswich. The guys I worked with were pleading for some original names, as that makes it so much easier for the despatchers to locate the callers - suggestions included names of English/Welsh cities and towns. The council guys though said they wanted to stick to calling everything "lake" "forest" "spring....." and that kind of thing, because they create an instant picturesque image when you hear them and thus people are attracted to living there just because they like the sound of the address So if you live somewhere called for example Lake Drive, I suggest if you call 000 you are ready to give them directions!
Well should call more of them Vegas, Hollywood, Mayfair, Park Lane etc. ... .
Old Dec 27th 2006, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=steve]Well should call more of them Vegas lake, Hollywood lake, Mayfair lake, Park Lane lake etc. your forgeting the shopping trolley free lake below :scared:
Attached Thumbnails Merry xmas from brizzy-6-saint-tropez-place-054.jpg  
Old Dec 27th 2006, 2:11 pm

[QUOTE=wintersgills]
Originally Posted by steve
Well should call more of them Vegas lake, Hollywood lake, Mayfair lake, Park Lane lake etc. your forgeting the shopping trolley free lake below :scared:
We could have a variation, Pine Vegas, Hollywood Springs, Park Lane Lakes and Mayfair Pines.

Australia are lagging behind actually and just not fully embracing the shopping trolley tend to leave them neatly parked at the road side. Sure they could join the British in more creative disposal.

Last edited by annqldau; Dec 27th 2006 at 2:16 pm.