Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Merged threads on violence against Indians in Australia

Merged threads on violence against Indians in Australia

Old Jun 4th 2009, 12:36 am
Banned

WillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond reputeWillBlack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian Media should apologize to OZ

Originally Posted by mohogony
The Indian Media should apologize for saying OZ is a racist country its not true. Indians make up 4% of the population of Victoria and account for 4% of victims of crime there ,its a load of garbage that they are being singled out for racist attacks. There is a problem with gangs and street violence in MElbounre most of the victims are white , whenever an Indian is the victim the Indian media puts it on the front page saying its a racist attack when it was just a robbery or senseless attack that happens to people regradless of race. l bet in over half the cases the attackers were of Pacific Islander, Vietnamese or African decent, not White AUstralians. Indian students are at high risk not because of their race but because they are at risk becasue many work as taxi drivers who are often bashed and robbed and many Indian students live in bad stuburbs for cheap rent and travel late at night on trains where gangs roam and they often carry expensive lap lops, ipods and so on. There have been many cases where Aussie tourists have been bashed, raped and murderered in India, including the dreadful case where an Aussie man and his two sons where locked in a car and burnt to death by extreamists for being a Catholic missionary helping the poor, Aussies did'nt blame the Indian people or call them all racists then becasue they know only a minority or Indians are like that, But the Indian media is saying OZ is a racist country and Aussies are all racist and there should be sanctions agains OZ , that is unfair
l bet ...

Is that it?
Old Jun 4th 2009, 1:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Melbourne safe for indian

Threads merged
Old Jun 4th 2009, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Indian bashing/Yesterdays demonstration

Originally Posted by IndieG
Are you saying it is illegal, if so then why isn't the Govt. doing something to stop this abuse? Surely it is not just Indians that take advantage of this easy route to PR?
NOT an easy route for PR. Student to PR is expensive, a lot of work, time and money with no certainty at the end of it. You might get some who abuse the system and these spoil things for the genuine people out there.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sambo76
NOT an easy route for PR. Student to PR is expensive, a lot of work, time and money with no certainty at the end of it. You might get some who abuse the system and these spoil things for the genuine people out there.
Just what I was about to say - makes you laugh when you read this kind of stuff - easy me ar*e
Old Jun 4th 2009, 1:35 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stewmac
Must be 10s of 1000s not been attacked ,there are shit loads of indian/pakistani etc in Melb now, just cos a few get cuffed doesnt mean there is a big problem ,then again an indian kid got sliced down in frankston last nite but even the muggers go out in twos down there
That raises another interesting point. I mean there are lots of Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi and Sri Lankans in Melbourne. I doubt your average Aussie Yobbo would know how to tell the difference between people of those backgrounds. What are the stats on those people being attacked.
As much as you say that 97.....% are not attacked, 3% is bloody high really!...and they're just the ones that are reported!
Old Jun 4th 2009, 1:37 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian Media should apologise to OZ

The Indian Media should apologise for saying OZ is a racist country its not true. Indians make up 4% of the population of Victoria and account for 4% of victims of crime there ,its a load of garbage that they are being singled out for racist attacks. There is a problem with gangs and street violence in MElbounre most of the victims are white , whenever an Indian is the victim the Indian media puts it on the front page saying its a racist attack when it was just a robbery or senseless attack that happens to people regradless of race. l bet in over half the cases the attackers were of Pacific Islander, Vietnamese or African decent, not White AUstralians. Indian students are at high risk not because of their race but because they are at risk becasue many work as taxi drivers who are often bashed and robbed and many Indian students live in bad suburbs for cheap rent and travel late at night on trains where gangs roam and they often carry expensive lap lops, ipods and so on. There have been many cases where Aussie tourists have been bashed, raped and murderered in India, including the dreadful case where an Aussie man and his two sons where locked in a car and burnt to death by extreamists for being a Catholic missionary helping the poor, Aussies did'nt blame the Indian people or call them all racists then becasue they know only a minority or Indians are like that, But the Indian media is saying OZ is a racist country and Aussies are all racist and there should be sanctions agains OZ , that is unfair
hmmmm Indian Media apologise to the Aussies? Get real! Aus media is just as sensationalist if not more!
Old Jun 4th 2009, 1:44 am
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

An Aussie gets a good hiding and his IPod nicked and its called a mugging.

Same thing happens to an Indian and its called a Racially Motivated Attack

India and its people are not immune to be racists themselves. Just ask Andrew Symonds
Old Jun 4th 2009, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shears
Just what I was about to say - makes you laugh when you read this kind of stuff - easy me ar*e
I know! I wish it was easy....
Old Jun 4th 2009, 2:13 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by perksy
An Aussie gets a good hiding and his IPod nicked and its called a mugging.

Same thing happens to an Indian and its called a Racially Motivated Attack

India and its people are not immune to be racists themselves. Just ask Andrew Symonds
Totally correct. Indians make up 4% of the population of Victoria and make up 4% of the total victoms of crime in Victoria. If a White AUssie gets bashed or mugged its called a bashing or a mugging, if an Indian gets bashed or mugged its called a racist attack even if the attackers are Vietnamese or Pacific islanders.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 2:50 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
3% is bloody high really!...and they're just the ones that are reported!
It is high, there is no doubt about that, but the rate for Indians is no different to the actual average for Melbourne.

From the figures available it would appear that Melbourne is much worse than WA for example, where the rate is about 1.5%, or QLD at 0.74%, compared to the 2.67% for Melbourne.

However, crime in cities will tend to be at a higher rate than in the rest of the state. I just found a rate for Brisbane showing 3.2%, which is about 4 times higher than the State as an entirity, which appears to confirm my theory.

I also found the rate for Victoria 0.62% (Melbourne 2.67% )
Queensland 0.74% (Brisbane 3.2% )

Comparing to the only other data that I have for another country, the UK, the entire country rate there is 1.74% (2006/07)
Drilling down to areas, the London area ranged from 1.1% (Richmond) to 3.6% (Westminster).

So 2.67% may not be far off an average sort of figure for a Major Capital City.

More...

Monday, 18 August 2008
Crime rates, in Victoria, are now at their lowest point since the introduction of computerised recording in 1993.

“These figures confirm Australian Bureau of Statistics data released earlier this year, showing Victoria is the safest state in Australia,” Police Minister Bob Cameron Cameron said.

Old Jun 4th 2009, 2:54 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geraldine2
Hi

Iam think of moving to melbourne forwork with family.

Any advise please

Cheers

Gerald
It really depends on whether or not the kitchen staff have washed their hands before preparing the food I guess?
Old Jun 4th 2009, 3:39 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

In Brisbane a young girl (14yrs) was allegedly attacked and raped by an Indian Student. http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...7-3102,00.html

Therefore, are we to assume all indian students must be rapists, because obviously all Aussies are racist and will attack Indian students... what a load of crap!

If they had a complaint regarding the police handling (for example if they were not investigating as thoroughly as they would for an 'aussie' getting bashed) then I would sympathise - as it is, I think it's a joke.

How many attacks? 4 (as far as I can tell). Hardly an outbreak of violence.

There are no doubt people in Australia that are racist, as with EVERY country in the world, but it's hardly an epidemic.

It would be interesting to see how many attacks on 'students' (of all races/nationalities) there are each year. Lots I expect. The Swedish students will be staging a sit in soon....
Old Jun 4th 2009, 4:02 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by tking
In Brisbane a young girl (14yrs) was allegedly attacked and raped by an Indian Student. http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...7-3102,00.html

Therefore, are we to assume all indian students must be rapists,
Maybe the Indians are right in saying that no more Indians should come to Australia, I can see at least some people who would like that idea...

This whole Indian media thing on this has gone totally ridiculous !

PS: I have some Indian friends who are NOT rapists, therefore I know it isn't all of them.

Old Jun 4th 2009, 4:12 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Indian Media should apologise to OZ

But the Indian media is saying OZ is a racist country and Aussies are all racist and there should be sanctions agains OZ , that is unfair
If they want to do that then maybe Australia should put a block on all immigration from India.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 4:13 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by this charming man
I hear theres a lot of road Raj in Melbourne too.
Road Raj? What's that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.