Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Are members of the other BE forums throwing their teddies out of their prams

Wikiposts

Are members of the other BE forums throwing their teddies out of their prams

Old Aug 26th 2008, 7:59 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are members of the other BE forums throwing their teddies out of their prams

Originally Posted by Notts_bloke
Uranium?
A lot of people want it, me? I'd prefer to see it left in the ground.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 8:03 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are members of the other BE forums throwing their teddies out of their prams

Originally Posted by renth
Not a great time to be going back, if you have a family to support, OK if you are retired I guess.

UK seems set for a recession and must hope to avoid a depression

Most City economists now believe a recession is inevitable - and are focused instead on avoiding depression and deflation. Edmund Conway reports

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai.../ccecon126.xml
There are countless reasons for people wanting to return to their country of birth though Renth. Some times, the economy just doesn't come into it.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 8:08 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
There are countless reasons for people wanting to return to their country of birth though Renth. Some times, the economy just doesn't come into it.
Well, yes, I'd agree with that. If I didn't have to work I'd spend 6 months of the year there, well, 4 perhaps. Unfortunately that's not the case (yet), so for me it would be an insane prospect to go back now and hope to find a god job. But I understand that others are in a different situation.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 8:15 pm
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Well, yes, I'd agree with that. If I didn't have to work I'd spend 6 months of the year there, well, 4 perhaps. Unfortunately that's not the case (yet), so for me it would be an insane prospect to go back now and hope to find a god job. But I understand that others are in a different situation.
Oh God, the thought of that long haul flight would be enough to stop me going for that option, I loathe it.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 9:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Oh God, the thought of that long haul flight would be enough to stop me going for that option, I loathe it.
Drugs
Old Aug 26th 2008, 9:30 pm
'In limboland'

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Drugs
You supplying?
Old Aug 26th 2008, 10:24 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You supplying?
I didn't like to be the first to ask, but can I queue up behind you?
Old Aug 26th 2008, 10:54 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I didn't like to be the first to ask, but can I queue up behind you?
I'll be next in the queue if ok.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 10:58 pm
(It's not my real name)

Guys, all you have to do it go to your Drs. and tell him/her you are afraid of flying and get a fistful of Valium. It's why these sorts of drug were invented, they work...
Old Aug 26th 2008, 11:13 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys, all you have to do it go to your Drs. and tell him/her you are afraid of flying and get a fistful of Valium. It's why these sorts of drug were invented, they work...
Have a small stash already, which reminds me ...
Old Aug 27th 2008, 7:03 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: Are members of the other BE forums throwing their teddies out of their prams

Yes, because obviously anyone, no matter where they are in this big wide world, wanting to return to the UK is mad.
Personally I can't see the need for any big rush back, life is what you make of it and I'm making mine just fine here. I had the chance of a trip back a few weeks ago and tossed the idea around:

Vanuatu or Uk
$$$for the whole trip or the same amount of $$$ just for the flight then everything else on top
New experience v's old experience
Meet some new people or a round of saying hi to some people I know already
Sunshine or grey skies
Seeing somewhere new or somewhere I've already done everything I want to
Diving or sitting around
Drink in the sun or drink indoors
3 hour flight or 24 hr flight

Guess what won....you guessed it Vanuatu.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 7:55 pm
'In limboland'

I'm not scared of flying at all, it's the thought of the long haul flight that makes me cringe.

Originally Posted by annqldau
Personally I can't see the need for any big rush back, life is what you make of it and I'm making mine just fine here. I had the chance of a trip back a few weeks ago and tossed the idea around:

Vanuatu or Uk
$$$for the whole trip or the same amount of $$$ just for the flight then everything else on top
Sunshine or grey skies
Diving or sitting around

Well that's nice and as you said, that's your personal choice, but that doesn't mean to say that anyone who wants to return to the UK from where ever they are now, is in need of a psychiatrist.

We're in our 12th year here now so there's obviously been no big rush back for us. Our son is now grown and we have changed, so we're out of here from next year hopefully.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 8:12 pm
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by annqldau

Vanuatu or Uk
Sunshine or grey skies
Diving or sitting around

Has drinking in the sun been banned in the UK?
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:35 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Are members of the other BE forums throwing their teddies out of their prams

I'm not scared of flying at all, it's the thought of the long haul flight that makes me cringe.

Well that's nice and as you said, that's your personal choice, but that doesn't mean to say that anyone who wants to return to the UK from where ever they are now, is in need of a psychiatrist.

We're in our 12th year here now so there's obviously been no big rush back for us. Our son is now grown and we have changed, so we're out of here from next year hopefully.
Originally Posted by Kapri
There's plenty to choose from on here! Lots of people in dire need of psychiatric help
If I remember rightly that was a reply to the above and you don't need to take everything literally, there is such a thing as flippancy.

Also it was the other person who said there were lots of people in need of a psychiatrist, I only inferred some and to expand... who could probably do with some help with their depression or inability to make a decision judging by some of the posts but that doesn't mean every single poster does although I'm sure the psychiatrists would welcome their $$$ or GBP's with open arms.

It's your decision to go back not mine so feel free to do what you desire as nobody can ever say any choice is a definite for life as I don't think any of us have working chrystal ball so who knows what will happen in the future. But for now I've made my decision and plan unforseen catastrophes aside to be in Aus for the considerable future, still have 99% of the country to visit.