Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Who needs toys for young kids when you have snakes!

Who needs toys for young kids when you have snakes!

Old Aug 26th 2008, 12:14 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who needs toys for young kids when you have snakes!

Attached Files
File Type: wmv
Toys-r-us_India.wmv (2.54 MB, 294 views)
Old Aug 26th 2008, 12:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who needs toys for young kids when you have snakes!

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
OMG speechless
Old Aug 26th 2008, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by curly
OMG speechless
Mental eh?

PM sent ...

WBG! ...
Old Aug 26th 2008, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

steveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant futuresteveandlesley has a brilliant future

gosh felt sick watching that. poor kid.

where was the kids parents!!

I presume they pulled the snake off when the baby couldn't breathe? It makes you wonder doesn't it

Lesley
Old Aug 26th 2008, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

JPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to allJPSUPERHOOPER is a name known to all

Old Aug 26th 2008, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

FFS!!!!
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Jeezo, that is f***ing horrendous, poor wee soul

Lindsay x
Old Aug 27th 2008, 2:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Melbourne, Australia & Maputo, Mozambique, working in Somalia
JR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
Jeezo, that is f***ing horrendous, poor wee soul

Lindsay x
Stand back but....do not be alarmed!!!

It is obvious that they have de-fanged the cobra. A cruel but common practice. The child is in about as much danger as if my Grandfather were to take his dentures out and bite someone to death. No fangs = no venom; and cobras do not 'constrict' to kill prey.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 7:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by steveandlesley
where was the kids parents!!
You can hear people in the backgound, maybe them! ...

Originally Posted by JR230898

It is obvious that they have de-fanged the cobra. A cruel but common practice. The child is in about as much danger as if my Grandfather were to take his dentures out and bite someone to death. No fangs = no venom; and cobras do not 'constrict' to kill prey.
That's reassuring to know ...
Old Aug 27th 2008, 2:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Even so I think I'd rather have something from Fisher Price to entertain the kids, and nothing personal but your gumsy grandad wouldn't be my first choice of playmate for the littleys either!

Lindsay x
Old Aug 28th 2008, 1:44 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

that made me feel sick how cruel the snake may be defanged but what if the child met one which hadn't been? it would die!!

that is just so awful for both of them!!
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:34 pm
SNH
BE Enthusiast

SNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud ofSNH has much to be proud of

Having lived in India for some time, this really does not surprise me.

I mean, I walked into the office foyer one day to discover the staff had set it on fire to test the smoke alarm!!

Parents like for their children to have a 'thing' - a party trick. They like to get them on the news, or to somehow make money from this 'thing'.

It can be anything from solving maths problems to doing cartwheels from one city to another.

And then it makes it on international news and everybody says how 'cute' it is.

And I don't think anybody in India yet realises (or cares) that snake charming and the like is now illegal, due to animal cruelty issues.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 12:43 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

It did seem a bit obvious as there were no puncture holes, dripping venom or signs of a baby starting to go in to shock from the fairly quick toxicity so many bites would cause on a child of that age. The other give a way was the person happily videoing away and the people walking around making no attempt to save the baby as they knew it wasn't in danger.

So the problem becomes is it cruelty to reptiles or cruelty to babies.