Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Melbourne on target to become the Vegan capital of the world.

Melbourne on target to become the Vegan capital of the world.

Old Aug 31st 2018, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne on target to become the Vegan capital of the world.

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Meat doesn't make you overweight. Consuming more kilojoules than your body uses makes you overweight.

As with most things, it's just balance.
Agreed - but many of the blokes I know who are obese gorge on fatty meat and eat a lot of it - every meal.
Old Aug 31st 2018, 1:15 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Agreed - but many of the blokes I know who are obese gorge on fatty meat and eat a lot of it - every meal.
Not a path to follow if they're wanting to lose weight. I meant to say before, like you I've gone off meat a bit as I've got older. Nothing more off-putting to me now that a great big hunk of steak on a plate. I do far more things like stir fries now, a bit of sliced beef/chicken/pork and a lot of veggies. I do still like a couple of loin lamb chops though.
Old Aug 31st 2018, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Not a path to follow if they're wanting to lose weight. I meant to say before, like you I've gone off meat a bit as I've got older. Nothing more off-putting to me now that a great big hunk of steak on a plate. I do far more things like stir fries now, a bit of sliced beef/chicken/pork and a lot of veggies. I do still like a couple of loin lamb chops though.

We've been following the Vietnamese example and my wife makes Pho, have all the extra fresh ingredients on the table to put in as you like. Including very thin slices of either uncooked Beef or Chicken, which you place in the hot broth and it is cooked by the heat of the soup. Comes out fantastic. One of the best ways to have meat. It's really worth trying.
Old Sep 1st 2018, 12:46 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
We've been following the Vietnamese example and my wife makes Pho, have all the extra fresh ingredients on the table to put in as you like. Including very thin slices of either uncooked Beef or Chicken, which you place in the hot broth and it is cooked by the heat of the soup. Comes out fantastic. One of the best ways to have meat. It's really worth trying.
I love pho Ozzie, have traveled a lot in Vietnam and enjoyed it for lunch or dinner (not for breakfast like the Vietnamese did! I've never had it with meat/chicken in though.
Old Sep 2nd 2018, 2:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing wrong with outlining veganism, but really, 'Melbourne Vegan Capital of the World', strikes me as just another heading, attempting to place that city 'top of something'. I'm not too long back from Northern Europe, and can say it is rather common there, in countries like Germany, Netherlands, Denmark. I have now entire family members whom are vegan. It started with one daughter and spread over years to the entire family. Hardly unusual either. If any city in the western world, had the vegan title, I'd suggest Berlin, Hamburg, Amsterdam would be hard to beat. They have hundreds of vegan restaurants.
Perhaps a better title would be 'vegan capital of Australia? I feel conquering the world may just take a little longer.......