British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Melbourne Metro restrictions (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/melbourne-metro-restrictions-934587/)

the troubadour Oct 25th 2020 10:43 pm

Re: Melbourne Metro restrictions

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 12925956)
NSW - sponsoring job seeker for you. Again more resentment towards your wealthy providers. When will you learn not to bite the hand that feeds you.

More denial. WA being the real creators of wealth of course . When will you learn not to misrepresent fact. As for Job Seeker , that in normal times is another national disgrace.
While Job Keeper was poorly thought out.
NSW more a case of snouts at the trough which has been displayed time and time again over the decades. Not only state obviously but they do tend to stand out. It certainly doesn't begin or end with $3,0000 bottles of wine.

Beoz Oct 25th 2020 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by the troubadour (Post 12926196)
More denial. WA being the real creators of wealth of course .

Lying makes you look really bad. QLD, somehow, contributes more to Australia than WA does.

old.sparkles Oct 26th 2020 1:08 am

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 12926226)
Lying makes you look really bad. QLD, somehow, contributes more to Australia than WA does.

Did you not check the previous info provided - WA contributes 100,003 per capita compared with NSW contribution of 76,361 per capita.

Amazulu Oct 26th 2020 1:56 am

No they do not

It's rare that I'm in agreement with TT but in this case I am!

Beoz Oct 26th 2020 2:04 am

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 12926240)
Did you not check the previous info provided - WA contributes 100,003 per capita compared with NSW contribution of 76,361 per capita.

I am not interested in your twist on per captia. I am interested in raw dollars. That's the only thing that counts to the bottom line.

Beoz Oct 26th 2020 2:08 am

Where is the Chairman? He's missed his daily elevensies.

the troubadour Oct 26th 2020 2:17 am

Attempting to darken credibility by stating lying, is a long over used tool in your arsenal. You obviously have no shame, but there is only so
far you can take such a stance without being called out. The brazen accusations only make you appear all the more idiotic.
I know those in position do it on a regular basis and get away with it for a somewhat longer duration. However the rest, rather quickly fall on their face.
Not a good look.

the troubadour Oct 26th 2020 2:19 am

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 12926258)
Where is the Chairman? He's missed his daily elevensies.

Address your folly. Or at least congratulate The Premier on a virus free day. Get away from silly name calling while at it.
It gets very tiresome.

the troubadour Oct 26th 2020 2:23 am

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 12926256)
I am not interested in your twist on per captia. I am interested in raw dollars. That's the only thing that counts to the bottom line.

I guess you would do whatever it takes, regardless of consequences, to stash away a few more dollars. Your ethics (look up the meaning) give out a foul odour.
There are other things in life outside of money even if such a concept is impossible for you to find comprehension. A big factor as to why the country is in such poor shape.

Beoz Oct 26th 2020 2:24 am

Originally Posted by the troubadour (Post 12926263)
Address your folly. Or at least congratulate The Premier on a virus free day. Get away from silly name calling while at it.
It gets very tiresome.

Have you had a drink of the eradication Koolaid? Opening people's livelihood, giving back their freedom, relieving the stress, is far more important than zero cases, even though we know the reality is its still circulating out there.

Amazulu Oct 26th 2020 2:26 am

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 12926256)

Nonsense. Per capita is the only way to distinguish between economies of different sizes - Sao Paulo has a bigger economy than Vienna. Which is the wealthier city?

And when it comes to exports - which are hugely important to a nation's balance of trade and is the biggest contributor to incoming dollars - WA contributes far more to the national economy in relation to its population size than any other state

Beoz Oct 26th 2020 4:18 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 12926266)
WA contributes far more to the national economy in relation to its population size than any other state

Northern Territory is not a state, granted, but it has a higher gross state product per capita ..... sadly though, its contributing less that 2% to the overall revenue so per capita is an irrelevant measurement.

Beoz Oct 26th 2020 4:29 am

WOOOHOOO .... Dan has fought it all day but Tattoo Parlours are open (with a mask), yet the 25km rule remains. .... he has a new term "Dark Opening"

Amazulu Oct 26th 2020 4:47 am

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 12926288)
Northern Territory is not a state, granted, but it has a higher gross state product per capita ..... sadly though, its contributing less that 2% to the overall revenue so per capita is an irrelevant measurement.

In GSP(GDP) terms sure but but for overall 'çontribution'- given exports and their impact on BOT - WA has a much bigger impact

Beoz Oct 26th 2020 5:18 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 12926292)
In GSP(GDP) terms sure but but for overall 'çontribution'- given exports and their impact on BOT - WA has a much bigger impact

Exports for sure which is why the national focus hasn't given much thought to the WA borders. No mass population needing to move short distances over borders, most of the income comes from stuff going off shore.