Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Make-up... good or bad?

Make-up... good or bad?

Old Jun 15th 2011, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Make-up... good or bad?

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I'm at college till 2pm on Saturday I was planning on mascara, eyeliner, tinted moisturizer and something for my panda steroid eyes.

Oh yes and a new bra, but I won't go far wrong with one of those ( I hope)
Can help you those... Can you pop down to rocko?
Old Jun 15th 2011, 4:22 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Can help you those... Can you pop down to rocko?
I would have but with college and I think we are doing some filming afterwards so will be a bit late

I'll play it safe with just mascara and eyeliner. You can't shine shit and that's what I look like at the moment, at least my bloody hair had stopped falling out for the moment.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I would have but with college and I think we are doing some filming afterwards so will be a bit late

I'll play it safe with just mascara and eyeliner. You can't shine shit and that's what I look like at the moment, at least my bloody hair had stopped falling out for the moment.
Nope but make up helps the same shit to be put into a shinier looking bucket
Old Jun 15th 2011, 9:15 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Some people just don't suit makeup. I can't imagine you with a full face of slap with your lifestyle. Full makeup and hockey don't really mix.
Yah, it really doesn't suit me. You should see some of the girls I've seen on the ice though. There was this one with full make up, massive amounts of mascara and lots of blue eye liner... oh and lots of earings! Mostly though the hockey girls are just like me.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 9:20 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I'm exactly the same, well, apart from the fact that I'm turning 40 end of the year! I don't like any make-up on me at all. Just moisturizing lotion and lip balm in the winter, and of course, sunscreen most days.
I should use lotion more, my mom is always telling me I'll regret not taking better care of my skin when I'm older. But I do think she's got a point, I should use a good moisturiser but I always forget! I guess I just have issues paying huge prices for little bottles of things.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 12:03 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
I should use lotion more, my mom is always telling me I'll regret not taking better care of my skin when I'm older. But I do think she's got a point, I should use a good moisturiser but I always forget! I guess I just have issues paying huge prices for little bottles of things.
Does you skin not feel tight and dry without moisturiser. If I am in a hurry and forget which is rare my skin feels awful.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 12:40 am
Canuck/Aussie

Originally Posted by northernbird
Does you skin not feel tight and dry without moisturiser. If I am in a hurry and forget which is rare my skin feels awful.
Not always. If my skin feels dry then I always remember to put it on. If it doesn't feel dry then I don't even think about it.

In the winter in Canada I usually remember as it's so dry in the house. When we lived in Brisbane I rarely thought about it. I don't have particularly dry skin so it hasn't been much of an issue. I know I should make a habit of always wearing it though.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 1:38 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I wear total sunblock in the day and at night Palmers Cocoa Butter, that seems to work for me but no doubt there are lots of expensive creams I should be using.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 6:30 am
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by brissybee
I was quite shocked when a woman recently declared that she NEVER leaves the house unless she is fully made-up.

Personally, I can't stand the feeling of covering my face with gunk every day and maybe just wear a bit of lipstick and save the works for special occasions.

So, what's the consensus on make-up? Should we slap it all on - or is it ok to go bare-faced?
I used to watch survivor and for me I can say I never liked what the people looked like on the reunion show compared to how they looked throughout the show
Old Jun 16th 2011, 8:20 am

Well I went to Myers, struggled as I felt shit by the time I got there and plucked up the courage to ask a girl behind the Dior counter, expecting a hard sell but just explaining I wanted something from the cheaper Max Factor counter - I hadnt a clue about skin tone or anything.

I told her I had been ill and needed some serious work on the old face, she left her counter and said although she wasnt familiar with the other brands, she would help me and then spent about 30 mins trying different tones of tinted moisturiser on me, and concealers - testing them out and trying some on my eyes (they looked the worst)

She showed me how to apply it and gave me advice about just using it for work as my skin needed to get better as well, and the usual advice about drinking plenty that kind of thing, because I bought a concealer, eyeliner, tinted moisturiser and mascara, she gave me a free make up bag which had some stuff in as well and then she gave me loads of samples of Dior stuff too. She was really helpful and I expected her to push her products but she made the effort to find cheaper stuff for me.

I am quite excited at my little make up bag and keep looking at it.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 8:24 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Well I went to Myers, struggled as I felt shit by the time I got there and plucked up the courage to ask a girl behind the Dior counter, expecting a hard sell but just explaining I wanted something from the cheaper Max Factor counter - I hadnt a clue about skin tone or anything.

I told her I had been ill and needed some serious work on the old face, she left her counter and said although she wasnt familiar with the other brands, she would help me and then spent about 30 mins trying different tones of tinted moisturiser on me, and concealers - testing them out and trying some on my eyes (they looked the worst)

She showed me how to apply it and gave me advice about just using it for work as my skin needed to get better as well, and the usual advice about drinking plenty that kind of thing, because I bought a concealer, eyeliner, tinted moisturiser and mascara, she gave me a free make up bag which had some stuff in as well and then she gave me loads of samples of Dior stuff too. She was really helpful and I expected her to push her products but she made the effort to find cheaper stuff for me.

I am quite excited at my little make up bag and keep looking at it.
Result! - and enjoy.

We really should keep this thread going with tried and tested!
Old Jun 16th 2011, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Result! - and enjoy.

We really should keep this thread going with tried and tested!
And I got me two bras, I have gone from a 16 E cup to a 12 E cup, but I still need straps like a horses saddle but hey ho.

Got a good discount as well, their knickers are very cheap so got me some of those as well.

Seriously, this Dior girl was so nice - she is from Serbia and has this lovely accent, she looked so perfectly made up I felt really scruffy but Mr PP couldnt believe how much trouble she went to in order to show me what I would need - even from a range of make up that compared to Dior was cheap.

Ill have a practice next week.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 10:58 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Love, love, love Jurlique soothing skin lotions.

Extracting a sample from one of the hoity toity shop assistants in DJ's was like extracting teeth recently but it was worth the effort.
Old Jun 16th 2011, 11:30 am

I would like you all to know that I have been playing with my tinted moisturizer, what a marvellous invention!
Old Jun 16th 2011, 11:36 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

I would like you all to know that I have been playing with my tinted moisturizer, what a marvellous invention!
Thanks for sharing. Enjoy.