Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Look what we found in our garden....

Look what we found in our garden....

Old Oct 14th 2007, 2:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Look what we found in our garden....

Originally Posted by Nickie And Kev
When my dad was in the army in iran he woke up one morning and saw that his mate in the bunk next to him had half his face missing, in the eve before he went to sleep he hadnt tucked his netting that goes over the bed in tight enough and a camel spider had eaten half his face, they inject an anasethic...however its spelt!! and numb the area and eat away.

These spiders are ENORMOUS i mean they are double the size of a mans hand and they can leap high enough to land on a camels upper belly and eat away....hence the name camel spiders. The government has denied their excistance but there are photographic evidence.

If you google camel spiders then some pics come up. i dont know how to post them onto here. But be warned they are gross.
Glad im not in Iran
Nickie
Thanks for that one..........

As if I wasn't scared enough of the 8 legged beasties already!!
Old Oct 14th 2007, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine is from Oman and he has told me some horror stories about Camel spiders - they exist alright - I've seen photos including one being held by the leg. Enormous things, and incredibly ugly, even for a spider. Urgh.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 6:17 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
No it's not a nice fluffy thing.......

It nearly had my hubby, told him he should have had his gardening gloves on
Aw he looks so small
Old Oct 14th 2007, 6:19 pm
Account Closed

Scott will become famous soon enough

ewwwwwwwwwww gives me the willys
Old Nov 13th 2007, 1:27 am
Just Joined

ali_t is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Look what we found in our garden....

Originally Posted by Nickie And Kev
When my dad was in the army in iran he woke up one morning and saw that his mate in the bunk next to him had half his face missing, in the eve before he went to sleep he hadnt tucked his netting that goes over the bed in tight enough and a camel spider had eaten half his face, they inject an anasethic...however its spelt!! and numb the area and eat away.

These spiders are ENORMOUS i mean they are double the size of a mans hand and they can leap high enough to land on a camels upper belly and eat away....hence the name camel spiders. The government has denied their excistance but there are photographic evidence.

If you google camel spiders then some pics come up. i dont know how to post them onto here. But be warned they are gross.
Glad im not in Iran
Nickie
u mean Iraq

http://www.camelspiders.net/