Long Service Leave.

Old Apr 26th 2019, 2:14 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long Service Leave.

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Been in the Alice for the last 4 days, had a small issue with the auto trans at Kings Canyon of all places, which is quite remote. However got it checked out here in Alice Springs and all ok. We are off to the Anzac day commeration very shortly an Iconic place to be if your going. Then it's onwards to Darwin by the looks. A great way to see the Country and Alice Springs is really worth a visit for everyone. Very impressed with this town.

So glad the transmission was ok, they're those 'oh shit!' moments when you're on the road. I haven't been to Alice Springs but would like to, I have a friend there who's a public health nurse and she tells me some great stories about it.

Great to hear that all's going so well Ozzie and that you're seeing so much of Oz. Safe travels to Darwin!
Old May 1st 2019, 5:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Made it to Darwin..... Pics later, been very sketchy internet coverage through the NT, even with Telstra on the Sturt Highway.
Old May 2nd 2019, 3:53 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Made it to Darwin..... Pics later, been very sketchy internet coverage through the NT, even with Telstra on the Sturt Highway.
Hi Ozzie, glad to hear that you made if safely to Darwin. Hopefully the Wet's well and truly over, don't want you or Sharon going troppo! Looking forward to your pics, sketchy internet allowing
Old Jun 16th 2019, 2:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

3 weeks left of my LSL..... Had a great time travelling in our Pop top Campervan, the 'net was very iffy as I stated before and tricky to communicate our travels. We've joined a Facebook group called the "Wizzbangers" The name comes from the noise the door makes on a slide door campervan. .Met some on our travels and went for a weekend away with a group of them up to Wagga last week. The reason I'm mentioning it is they are a very inspiring group. The amazing thing about them is at least 60pct of them are women, maybe even 70pct. There are so many Solo women travelers out there doing their own thing. Lots of reasons, but one common theme is their husbands get to set in their ways, in their late 50's and the women take off on their own. They find little bits of work around the country and have a great social network. A few divorcees of course and widows as well. Only 3 couples amongst the 15 of us there last week.... and only one single male.

As for me, well blow me down they are still eeking out slowly packages at work, one guy who turned it down last time, the only one in our area with longer service than me has just taken it. Now I'm definitely the next one on the list on account of the steadfast rule of longest in first offered.. So If I leave I risk losing 84 weeks tax-free redundancy money. So still bloody tied to the damn place. Lots of restructuring going on so damn it.... got to go back for at least up until just after Xmas to see what happens with all the changes.

Not exactly happy about it....but never mind.

These 5 months off did change a few things as I thought..... Best change of the lot, is finally our youngest 21 years old has a steady job... fingers crossed it stays that way. He's grown up a lot in that time and the family responsibility shackles feel like they are coming off after 37 years of full-on parenting.

It's amazing how much can change in 5months eh

Old Jun 16th 2019, 3:47 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

3 weeks left of my LSL..... Had a great time travelling in our Pop top Campervan, the 'net was very iffy as I stated before and tricky to communicate our travels. We've joined a Facebook group called the "Wizzbangers" The name comes from the noise the door makes on a slide door campervan. .Met some on our travels and went for a weekend away with a group of them up to Wagga last week. The reason I'm mentioning it is they are a very inspiring group. The amazing thing about them is at least 60pct of them are women, maybe even 70pct. There are so many Solo women travelers out there doing their own thing. Lots of reasons, but one common theme is their husbands get to set in their ways, in their late 50's and the women take off on their own. They find little bits of work around the country and have a great social network. A few divorcees of course and widows as well. Only 3 couples amongst the 15 of us there last week.... and only one single male.

As for me, well blow me down they are still eeking out slowly packages at work, one guy who turned it down last time, the only one in our area with longer service than me has just taken it. Now I'm definitely the next one on the list on account of the steadfast rule of longest in first offered.. So If I leave I risk losing 84 weeks tax-free redundancy money. So still bloody tied to the damn place. Lots of restructuring going on so damn it.... got to go back for at least up until just after Xmas to see what happens with all the changes.

These 5 months off did change a few things as I thought..... Best change of the lot, is finally our youngest 21 years old has a steady job... fingers crossed it stays that way. He's grown up a lot in that time and the family responsibility shackles feel like they are coming off after 37 years of full-on parenting.

Freedom from all the kids?!! Believe it when I see it
Old Jun 16th 2019, 10:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Freedom from all the kids?!! Believe it when I see it
It's one of the reasons we are considering a tree change move lol

May not need to.

On that note, I reckon Ballarat is on target to become the Tunbridge Wells or Harrogate of Australia.... Hence my interest in the place.

Most of Ballarat looks like this.....

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jun 16th 2019 at 10:56 pm.
Old Jun 17th 2019, 10:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

It's one of the reasons we are considering a tree change move lol

May not need to.

On that note, I reckon Ballarat is on target to become the Tunbridge Wells or Harrogate of Australia.... Hence my interest in the place.

Most of Ballarat looks like this.....

You certainly seem consistently interested in it, which says a lot...!
Old Jun 17th 2019, 1:57 pm
Concierge

Lovely to hear from you Ozzie! The group you've joined sound like a lot of fun. Re returning to work, 84 weeks redundancy is a very good reason to go back! Fingers crossed that your turn comes up very soon.

Really glad to hear that the boy has grown up a bit and is working, long may it reign. Hopefully he'll get a taste for independence and having a regular income.

Old Oct 10th 2020, 6:47 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Ayres rock camping ground
Hey Ozzie, I hope everything is going well for you, not seen you about for a while. I know your long service leave was long ago "spent" but did you keep your camper and continue to use it much afterwards? Also, any tips for anyone considering a grey nomad lifestyle? My wife and I have been of the mind to get a full on motor home for our travels in the coming months and years. Looking at your set up here I can see positives to what you did also in terms of flexibility of use and ease to go off the beaten track from time to time etc. I reckon I could live rough and get by with few luxuries but my princess wife has other ideas.
Old Oct 11th 2020, 7:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Ozzie and Pollyanna - I haven't much to do with Ballarat or Bendigo - having only ever passed through - nice cities I think - there is a charm about Victorian centres...