Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

BE - being woke - what triggers us?

BE - being woke - what triggers us?

Old Oct 4th 2020, 3:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default BE - being woke - what triggers us?

Years ago, here on BE, there was a lot more fisticuffs but I see in more recent years it's been 5 blokes arguing - 1 in particular.

WiIth BLM, woke, in the "post- Me too" era - do we all have an understanding of what triggers us? Come on, let's get back to the fisticuffs - I mean debate. Cheers
Old Oct 5th 2020, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BE - being woke - what triggers us?

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Years ago, here on BE, there was a lot more fisticuffs but I see in more recent years it's been 5 blokes arguing - 1 in particular.

WiIth BLM, woke, in the "post- Me too" era - do we all have an understanding of what triggers us? Come on, let's get back to the fisticuffs - I mean debate. Cheers
Who me? Not really interested in BLM to be fair. In most western countries everyone has been given the opportunities to make a go. Where BLM started even more so. No private schooling or class system. Every life matters.

How's Melbourne mate. I am feeling fot you guys down there. Every week I am on calls with clients and colleagues in Melbourne. I can feel the motivation declining?
Old Oct 6th 2020, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Who me? Not really interested in BLM to be fair. In most western countries everyone has been given the opportunities to make a go. Where BLM started even more so. No private schooling or class system. Every life matters.

How's Melbourne mate. I am feeling fot you guys down there. Every week I am on calls with clients and colleagues in Melbourne. I can feel the motivation declining?
Good mate, not talking about you....BTW...

I see there is a distinct lack of fisticuffs now... ho ho - or debate.... !!
Old Oct 6th 2020, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Good mate, not talking about you....BTW...

I see there is a distinct lack of fisticuffs now... ho ho - or debate.... !!
I think people are scared to debate on this subject, one of the reasons may be that if your thoughts are not the same as the current way of thinking then you might be labelled as not a nice person or worse.
Old Oct 6th 2020, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by brits1
I think people are scared to debate on this subject, one of the reasons may be that if your thoughts are not the same as the current way of thinking then you might be labelled as not a nice person or worse.
There was plenty of that on this forum back in the day - I was wondering if we were updated for the new 'woke' era..... tee heee

Let's close the thread eh.....
Old Oct 6th 2020, 11:01 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

There's no shortage of woke and outrage threads on Take It Outside if you're looking for a bit of keyboard warrioring.

Edit: ...Just make sure read the "sticky" at the top of that group first

Last edited by paulry; Oct 6th 2020 at 11:03 am.
Old Oct 6th 2020, 11:02 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brits1
Oh gawd, aint that the truth!
Old Oct 11th 2020, 9:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Some people just need to be told, and that's only right, but why anyone would actively seek out a row is beyond me.
Old Oct 11th 2020, 9:56 pm
Account Closed

There was plenty of that on this forum back in the day - I was wondering if we were updated for the new 'woke' era..... tee heee

Let's close the thread eh.....
there's been a bit of an upturn in posting lately, largely because one dickhead has wound his neck in a fair bit. Bit of a laugh, bit of banter and convey your point of view without being a prick, it ain't hard.
Old Oct 11th 2020, 10:02 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
there's been a bit of an upturn in posting lately, largely because one dickhead has wound his neck in a fair bit. Bit of a laugh, bit of banter and convey your point of view without being a prick, it ain't hard.
You're home! Hope everything's going well and you don't miss the job/place too much
Old Oct 11th 2020, 10:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
You're home! Hope everything's going well and you don't miss the job/place too much
it's been a bit odd settling back in, I've been very conscious of not steaming in and doing things my way, and it seems to be working. Bit of a get together last night, lots to celebrate we're in a good place as a family at the moment and it's lovely
Old Oct 11th 2020, 10:25 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
it's been a bit odd settling back in, I've been very conscious of not steaming in and doing things my way, and it seems to be working. Bit of a get together last night, lots to celebrate we're in a good place as a family at the moment and it's lovely
Great to hear Steve