Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

London is crap, ready to come home now!

London is crap, ready to come home now!

Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:21 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: London is crap, ready to come home now!

Originally Posted by elfman

I lived and worked in London for three and a half years and visited lots before and since and I have never at any time experienced this "black stuff up the nose" phenomenon.
I lived in Camberwell a few years ago.

I remember a few 'white stuff up the nose' experiences.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

yes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to all

I lived and worked in London for three and a half years and visited lots before and since and I have never at any time experienced this "black stuff up the nose" phenomenon.
truly, nor have i. i just noticed the dirty face when ive been on my bike.

you get that anywhere.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

I moved away to Hants. I used to get it whenver I was back & went on the tube. I was a blacksmith/metalworker for ages, it was the same as the sooty cack you got up your nose from the coke/coal off the forge - yuk
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:23 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling

ROFLMAO...

top man
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:26 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by renth
We went to Legoland 3 days ago - cost me £141 to get us in :curse: yes, you read that right, that's over $300!!!! - more expensive than Disneyland in Hong Kong (which was great).

Legoland was shite, all the rides were over 45 minutes queuing, and they were crap. I can't believe how crowded it was even though it was a school day. Apparently is wasn't particularly crowded either.

It took a hour and a half to drive there (40 miles) and another hour and a half to get back and it rained.

Yesterday we went to London, firstly to the Tower of London. I remember it as being good. Anyway, we stood shivering in the rain waiting for a "beefeater" to turn up, and when he does there must have been over 200 people waiting for the guided tour. Naturally no one could hear a thing as he didn't have a megaphone.

So we decided to hire a headphone set and I'd talk the commentary to my family. It started well untill we turned a corner only to be confronted with a fenced off area with building works taking place. The voice in the headseat instructing you to proceed ahead when there was no way you could.

The place where they used to chop heads off was closed too. What a load of sh*te!.

Next the london Eye, that actually very good because I bought expensive queue jumping tickets as I'd had enough of queuing for one holiday. Without these tickets we would have queued 30 minutes for a ticket then 1 hour for the ride.

Anyway, as I went to get my tickets from the machine it printed all out bar one as the machine had run out of paper, more hassle.

I waited for my family to go to the toilet and I was hassled by a beggar who abused me for not buying a "big issue" (it was actually just a rolled up brochure of some description).

As I said London Eye itself was very good.

Next the river cruise for which we sat on the top deck. It was going well untill we went under Tower Bridge and someone spat on my wife from the bridge. The boat turned and went back under Tower Bridge when this time a different scrote, a chav girl, spat her chewing gum which hit a kid next to me.

Coupled with crap weather, filthy public transport and miserable people, it has to be the worst city in a so called developed country in the world.

By the way if you want to travel 1 stop on the tube it's £4. And with travel cards now your RETURN journey has to be off peak too.

What a sh*t city, what a sh*t country. Can't wait to get back to Perth.
I hear your pain and agree completely. Not to say comparable experiences don't happen in Oz but it's somehow less ... shite.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

G....you good man
x
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:35 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Johnson's Talcum Powder? You raver, you ...
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

yes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to allyes of course is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
I hear your pain and agree completely. Not to say comparable experiences don't happen in Oz but it's somehow less ... shite.

m8
i cant say one way or another but i can say that it is a truly sad person that goes to a world city and writes to people, who already know what its like, how bad it is.

my ticket didnt work blah blah blah london is pants. legoland, a danish company, charge to much for a rubbish theme park but i didnt bother to check first, so london is pants.

his poor mrs.
i truly hope she bashed his creditcard
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by yes of course
m8
i cant say one way or another but i can say that it is a truly sad person that goes to a world city and writes to people, who already know what its like, how bad it is.

my ticket didnt work blah blah blah london is pants. legoland, a danish company, charge to much for a rubbish theme park but i didnt bother to check first, so london is pants.

his poor mrs.
i truly hope she bashed his creditcard
Nowt wrong with a bit of criticism in my view, it's better than believing some shite you read in the travel mags or glorified ad programmes like 'Getaway'.

Maybe someone will read this who DOESN'T know what it's like and save themselves the grief of visiting the place.

Unlikely in the extreme I'll grant you, I wouldn't base a decision on whether or not to scratch my bollocks on any opinion I've read here ...
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:42 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

hey its great here in perth
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:48 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
Johnson's Talcum Powder? You raver, you ...
Well thats probably the only white powder you would know anything about.

.....that or perhaps the dust from your book of clever responses.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Nowt wrong with a bit of criticism in my view, it's better than believing some shite you read in the travel mags or glorified ad programmes like 'Getaway'.

Maybe someone will read this who DOESN'T know what it's like and save themselves the grief of visiting the place.

Unlikely in the extreme I'll grant you, I wouldn't base a decision on whether or not to scratch my bollocks on any opinion I've read here ...

agreed.

i would say that you need money to visit unless you can stay with someone.

i went to lisbon pavements were all broken and too many shoe shops.
paris they drive mad and are snotty
berlin, dull unless you know where to look.
barcalona pickpockets
florence pickpockets scooter thieves.
the list is endless..
i loved them all

lisbon was great but dont let your mrs see the shoes

critic is fine if it has some balance
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Well thats probably the only white powder you would know anything about.

.....that or perhaps the dust from your book of clever responses.

wot about his dandruff!

oops
i know i shouldnt have mentioned it
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

skeaty has a brilliant futureskeaty has a brilliant futureskeaty has a brilliant futureskeaty has a brilliant futureskeaty has a brilliant futureskeaty has a brilliant future

yep must agree London aint all that, unless you know where to go
Should have gone to the Australian walkabout bars always have a good time there, as long as you dont eat the food.

ps. I think Paris is a very nice place spoilt by the French.

The other places ive been in France have been fantastic. must just be a capital thing
Old Jul 12th 2007, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by yes of course
agreed.

i would say that you need money to visit unless you can stay with someone.

i went to lisbon pavements were all broken and too many shoe shops.
paris they drive mad and are snotty
berlin, dull unless you know where to look.
barcalona pickpockets
florence pickpockets scooter thieves.
the list is endless..
i loved them all

lisbon was great but dont let your mrs see the shoes

critic is fine if it has some balance
Indeed so, gotta have balance.

I've been to Lisbon actually and I totally failed to notice one shoe-shop ... I did spend most of the day there chatting-up the girl I was with, to little effect as it turned-out so maybe I was distracted ...

We stayed just north of there in Sintra, historic place with loads of ancient religious sites high on the hills ... very scenic.

Anyway, back to the plot ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.